Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Introducing the Fly Delta app for iPad and new iPhone app

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Introducing the Fly Delta app for iPad and new iPhone app

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2013, 11:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta, Avios, Chase
Talking Delta iPhone app v2.0 now passbook compatible

About time!!! You can also now buy EC and extras like wifi. Download the update.

Last edited by dgxoxo; Jan 10, 2013 at 11:10 pm
Old Jan 10, 2013, 11:11 pm

Programs: DL DM 1MM, DL reserve, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
about time! I am flying out tomorrow so now I can test it out!
Just downloaded the update and now have my boarding pass for tomorrow's flight in the Passbook app. Interestingly though it doesn't have my departure time, just the "Boarding time".

Last edited by nycflyer75; Jan 10, 2013 at 11:22 pm
Old Jan 10, 2013, 11:12 pm

Programs: DL: FO/Silver, Marriott Gold
installing....
Old Jan 10, 2013, 11:45 pm

Programs: DL FO, US Dividend, Hertz #1 Gold
seems to work good, has a nice clean and modern look, just like the new website, and I just seamlessly added my boarding passes over to passbook for my flight tomorrow!

so far so good Delta!
Old Jan 11, 2013, 12:00 am

Programs: DL, National, Marriott, Hilton
Love how the design matches with the website now. Can't wait to use it to its full capability in 2 months..
Old Jan 11, 2013, 1:24 am

Programs: DL PM
I'm also happy to see you can now view the seat map for both F and Y while booked on a Y ticket. Something you can do on the website, but couldn't do from the previous app. ^

I don't really understand about the passbook part - I can't see a major value-add over the eboarding pass already available via the old app. Can anyone enlighten me to the benefit of passbook vs. the app?
Old Jan 11, 2013, 1:27 am
tw1

Programs: DL PM; HH Diamond; SPG Gold; Hertz Gold; Global Entry/Pre✓; DL Amex Reserve; BB Prem Silver
Appears as though they are still working out some very minor kinks but overall a vast improvement over the prior app. Any screenshots of the passbook integration?
Old Jan 11, 2013, 1:50 am

Programs: DL - KM/DM MM, AA - AP, HHonors Diamond, Emerald Exec Elite
Delta iPhone app v2.0 now passbook compatible

Sitting in LAX right now waiting to board but update the app earlier tonight with no issues and everything ported over. Still exploring the changes but looks like a good improvement finally...
Old Jan 11, 2013, 2:13 am

Programs: DL - KM/DM MM, AA - AP, HHonors Diamond, Emerald Exec Elite
Delta iPhone app v2.0 now passbook compatible

Passbook integration update... Had to add each boarding pass individually then once in passbook you can flip between the boarding passes. In the lower right hand corner of the BP there is an info button that has more details about the flight such as departure time and links to status. There is also a trash can button on the alternate info screen for removing the BP. I just boarded LAX-MEM with BP 1 of 2 using the passbook one (there are also the original non-passbook BPs in the v2.0 app) and the scanner seemed to respond quicker than normal. The barcode is smaller by about 20-30% I'd say between the passbook and app BPs.

Can't upload a screen shot at the moment but will do so later once I can blur out some personal data
Old Jan 11, 2013, 2:32 am

It sure matches the website in the sense that it is slooooooow loading items like seat map that used to come up quick enough.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 3:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
New app looks nice, like the website. So far seems pretty quick compared to the website.

I like the addition of new features about my account, but here are some errors I'm seeing still:

1. My wallet doesn't contain my certificates (SWU, ECV)
2. My SM Membership Card shows DM through Sep 2016. LOL, I'll take that.
3. Flight search is ridiculously slow. Wonder if Award will ever be added in (LOL)

Wonder how UG WL will work, as overhaul thread talks about how the lists on the old app and web didn't match (with app being more accurate).
Old Jan 11, 2013, 3:29 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
Originally Posted by Ysitincoach
It sure matches the website in the sense that it is slooooooow loading items like seat map that used to come up quick enough.
maybe its your phone. so far, you have the only negative post. congrats
Old Jan 11, 2013, 3:37 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
being able to book flights must be new on the delta app. When will the update be available for smart phone users/.?
Old Jan 11, 2013, 5:04 am

Originally Posted by DL2SXM
maybe its your phone. so far, you have the only negative post. congrats
Thanks!

That was a good troll.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 5:20 am

Programs: Marriott PP /DL Diamond
Is there a setting to turn on passbook? The app works good but I don't know how to get my boarding pass in to passbook.

Figured it out. Had to recheck in.

Last edited by mlts0807; Jan 11, 2013 at 6:07 am Reason: Update

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.