Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Sign in using an external account

Old Oct 4, 12, 7:40 am   #1

Rules for redepositing award miles

Hi

I went to Delta.com and read about redepositing award miles. But I am still unclear on the fine prints.

Suppose I book an award ticket travelling from Jan 2 2013 thru Jan 15 2013.

I have two scenarios that may occur. All will happen way before the 72 hr period

1. I cancel all together the flights. Do I get all my miles back + surcharge fees - ie no penalties.

2. I now decide to fly Jan 5th instead of 2013? - assuming there is still award space

So that's a change in date - what fees do I incur ?

Thanks

Les filles
Lesfilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 12, 7:45 am   #2
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM Kryptonium Ham Sandwich GAMER, UA Plat, US, PC Plat, IHG Amb., SPG Gold, HH Gold, Nat'l Exec
Unless you are PM or higher, at a minimum you are charged $150 per ticket for canceling, or $150 per ticket plus any applicable fare difference to change the date. I *believe* you are refunded all the taxes and fees; never tried this with any itinerary with a fuel surcharge though, so I can't say this is 100% always the case.
Old Oct 4, 12, 9:01 am   #3

Programs: DL PM; DL AMEX Reserve; HHonors Gold
If it matters to you, you should specifically request that the taxes/fees be credited to the card you used for purchase. Twice now during changes/cancellations to award tix, they refunded in the form of a voucher. all of my pleas to refund to the credit card were ignored.
DeltaFan4Now is offline   Reply With Quote