Wiki Posts
Search

Rules for redepositing award miles

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2012, 7:40 am
Original Poster

Rules for redepositing award miles

Hi

I went to Delta.com and read about redepositing award miles. But I am still unclear on the fine prints.

Suppose I book an award ticket travelling from Jan 2 2013 thru Jan 15 2013.

I have two scenarios that may occur. All will happen way before the 72 hr period

1. I cancel all together the flights. Do I get all my miles back + surcharge fees - ie no penalties.

2. I now decide to fly Jan 5th instead of 2013? - assuming there is still award space

So that's a change in date - what fees do I incur ?

Thanks

Les filles
Old Oct 4, 2012, 7:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Unless you are PM or higher, at a minimum you are charged $150 per ticket for canceling, or $150 per ticket plus any applicable fare difference to change the date. I *believe* you are refunded all the taxes and fees; never tried this with any itinerary with a fuel surcharge though, so I can't say this is 100% always the case.
Old Oct 4, 2012, 9:01 am

Programs: DL DM; DL AMEX Reserve; HHonors Gold
If it matters to you, you should specifically request that the taxes/fees be credited to the card you used for purchase. Twice now during changes/cancellations to award tix, they refunded in the form of a voucher. all of my pleas to refund to the credit card were ignored.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.