Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

RUMOR - 757-300s to get slimline seats and AVOD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2012, 11:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, WF GoFar Rewards, AAdvantage, United MileagePlus

With most of the non-ER domestic 763s planned for retirement, I have have heard rumors that the 753 fleet is slated to get slimline seats and AVOD. The 753s will serve a similar role that the domestic 763s currently serve.

If the rumors are true, I wonder if they will get all-new seats and IFE, or will the seats and IFE system be transplanted from the 76Q fleet?

BTW, I heard that the 76Ps will remain in the fleet, not only because of their younger age, but the fact that they have common engines with half of the 763ER fleet (the PW4060). I heard that maintenace for the GE CF6-80A engines on the 76Q fleet is getting expensive, and that DL wants to get rid of that engine type.

Last edited by Delta 764; Aug 14, 2012 at 11:52 am
Old Aug 14, 2012, 11:39 am

Programs: Super-duper Triple Gold Platinum President's Circle - er, Delta American Express
Originally Posted by Delta 764
With most of the non-ER domestic 763s planned for retirement, I have have heard rumors that the 753 fleet is slated to get slimline seats and AVOD. The 753s will serve a similar role that the domestic 763s currently serve.

If the rumors are true, I wonder if they will get all-new seats and IFE, or will the seats and IFE system be transplanted from the 76Q fleet.

BTW, I heard that the 76Ps will remain in the fleet, not only because of their younger age, but the fact that they have common engines with half of the 763ER fleet (the PW4060). I heard that maintenace for the GE CF6-80A engines on the 76Q fleet is getting expensive, and that DL wants to get rid of that engine type.
And where did you hear this rumor?
Old Aug 14, 2012, 11:44 am

Programs: DL DM
Look no further than a.net for the "rumor"
Old Aug 14, 2012, 11:46 am

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by bubbashow
^^. The official rumor site for years
Old Aug 14, 2012, 11:49 am

Programs: DL PM. 1MM
Originally Posted by bubbashow
help an FTer out... what the heck is a.net. no it's not a real site. I tried.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 11:51 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Silver, Starwood Platinum
Originally Posted by mridley2
help an FTer out... what the heck is a.net. no it's not a real site. I tried.
airliners.net @:-)
Old Aug 14, 2012, 12:40 pm
Original Poster

BTW, I also heard that the 753 fleet will get winglets, since the 753s will soon be doing more long-distance flying that is currently served by the 76Q. Interestingly, the APB website shows winglets being certified for 753s with P&W engines:
http://www.aviationpartnersboeing.co...ts_757_300.php
Old Aug 14, 2012, 12:45 pm

Programs: DYKWIA Extraordinaire. TrollSlayer Mega Diamond. [insert esoteric sounding status level(s) here]
Originally Posted by zsmith2
airliners.nUt @:-)
I've corrected your typo
Old Aug 14, 2012, 12:46 pm

Programs: DL Platinum Medallion
Rumors from airliners.net are fun, but I'm not sure you are going to find anyone on FlyerTalk who is a better source to confirm them with.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 12:50 pm
Original Poster

BTW, the user who posted these rumors on A.net is a Delta mechanic. He is the same user who first mentioned the CRT monitors on the PMDL 752s would be replaced by LCDs, and he was right.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by timf
Rumors from airliners.net are fun, but I'm not sure you are going to find anyone on FlyerTalk who is a better source to confirm them with.
Actually, I'd venture to say it's the other way around. While a.net might have its fair share of airline geeks and enthusiasts, there's also of plenty of people that work in the industry that share their know-how and gossip there.

Flyertalk has a more mature poster base, but you see less people from the airline biz posting here because they are more likely to be viewed with animosity vs airliners.net.

Recent "rumors" like DTW-HKG getting dropped were posted by people in a.net first.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Ugh, the 753 is just not a nice plane to travel on. It takes a long time to board and deplane, and F/Y ratio is very poor due to the extended Y cabin... so odds are you're going to be sitting in steerage.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 1:05 pm

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
Originally Posted by ricardobtg
Actually, I'd venture to say it's the other way around. While a.net might have its fair share of airline geeks and enthusiasts, there's also of plenty of people that work in the industry that share their know-how and gossip there.

Flyertalk has a more mature poster base, but you see less people from the airline biz posting here because they are more likely to be viewed with animosity vs airliners.net.

Recent "rumors" like DTW-HKG getting dropped were posted by people in a.net first.
That's why he said, there wasn't anyone better on FT to confirm the rumor.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by CPMaverick
That's why he said, there wasn't anyone better on FT to confirm the rumor.
Sorry, my bad : ) The point that I wanted to make is the same though.
Old Oct 9, 2012, 10:29 am
Original Poster

Rumor - 753s to get 10 more Y seats and AVOD

I have heard several rumors (Wikipedia and elsewhere) that the 753s are planned to get AVOD and 10 more Y seats by the use of slimline seats.

While some may argue that it is pointless to add AVOD due to DL offering streaming IFE, these rumors seem like they come from a reliable source. Considering that the 753s will replace a lot of domestic 763 flying, this isn't much of a surprise for me.

If these rumors are true, what will the models of seats be? I presume that F will most likely be the Weber 6810 like on the MD-88s and MD-90s, while Y will be either the Weber 5751 or B/E Aerospace Pinnacle. The Y seats will most likely have the Panasonic Eco 9i Integrated Smart Monitors.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.