Wiki Posts
Search

FA Prohibits Recline

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2014, 12:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL FO/KM, AA PLT
Originally Posted by Karelia
reminds me of the time when I saw a husband and wife punching each other, 9 hours into a TPCA flight. The FA made one of them go sit in the upper deck to keep them separate.
That sounds more like a reward than a punishment....
Old Aug 27, 2014, 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by FlyDeltaJets87
That sounds more like a reward than a punishment....

not really. they were both sitting in the lower deck business class anyway.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 3:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by BadgerBoi
IIRC correctly, the FA asked the passenger if he wouldn't mind turning the movie off, it wasn't an instruction and there seemed to be little pressure on the passenger to agree.

Perhaps someone else can find the link to the post in question, I had a quick look and couldn't find it.
IIRC the passenger watching the movie was asked or told by the FA to move to a less desirable seat. This is wrong.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 9:50 pm

Programs: DL, National, Marriott, Hilton
Another issue with seat reclining...

AA 62 MIA-CDG diverted to BOS. One passenger was arrested and charged w/ obstructing the flight crew after he was angry about a female in front of him reclining her seat.

He was taken to the hospital because of pre-exisiting medical conditions (high blood pressure and diabetes).

Air marshals had to get involved and take him into custody. This person is from France and was released on his own recognizance (in other words without any bail being set)

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...ed-boston.html
Old Aug 29, 2014, 7:13 am

I have never understood the seat recliners. "I am so important that I can cause great discomfort to another for a tiny personal gain" seems to be their motto.
Old Aug 29, 2014, 7:36 am

Programs: Delta, United
Originally Posted by tom_MN
I have never understood the seat recliners. "I am so important that I can cause great discomfort to another for a tiny personal gain" seems to be their motto.
I recline my seat because it is more comfortable on my back. Especially as I travel with a back pillow to take the pressure off of it. So in this case it is not to cause "great discomfort to another" but to cause great comfort to myself.
Old Aug 29, 2014, 8:48 am

Originally Posted by FlyingUnderTheRadar
I recline my seat because it is more comfortable on my back. Especially as I travel with a back pillow to take the pressure off of it. So in this case it is not to cause "great discomfort to another" but to cause great comfort to myself.
There is no longer room in coach for this action, airlines are kidding themselves if they think current coach seat pitch will accommodate reclining.

If you need to recline for health reasons, I hope that you fly on an airline that has sufficient seat pitch to accommodate reclining or you pay class of service that does.
Old Aug 29, 2014, 8:52 am

Programs: Delta TDK(or care)WIA, Hilton Diamond
There is no longer room in coach for this action, airlines are kidding themselves if they think current coach seat pitch will accommodate reclining.

If you need to recline for health reasons, I hope that you fly on an airline that has sufficient seat pitch to accommodate reclining or you pay class of service that does.
There is room. If you want more space in front of you is provided by the seat in front of you, fully reclined. I hope you fly on an airline that has sufficient seat pitch to give you the room you need, or pay for a class of service that does.
Old Aug 29, 2014, 9:00 am

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold
There is no longer room in coach for this action, airlines are kidding themselves if they think current coach seat pitch will accommodate reclining......
A reclining seat is a quaint throwback to a sunnier day in airline coach seat pitch. Those days are gone. IMO, the airlines could do away with the relic.
Old Aug 29, 2014, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by cottonpatch
A reclining seat is a quaint throwback to a sunnier day in airline coach seat pitch. Those days are gone. IMO, the airlines could do away with the relic.
using that logic, airlines should do away with coach meals completely.

I knew someone who did time in prison. He said the food was much
better than airline food. (of course, he served in a Norwegian prison)
Old Aug 29, 2014, 11:59 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
If a seat has a recline feature then you have no right to prevent someone from using it. That is really a DYKWIA move. If you don't want someone to recline in front of you then I suggest you book a seat in the bulkhead or behind a non-reclining exit row. It's not like the seats recline very much anyway. Some of you act as if the passengers head is in your lap.
Old Aug 29, 2014, 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
If a seat has a recline feature then you have no right to prevent someone from using it.
How is this statement different from, "If someone has an anus, you have no right to prevent them from farting."
Old Aug 29, 2014, 12:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Not sure what point you're trying to make with that analogy.
Old Aug 29, 2014, 12:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
How is this statement different from, "If someone has an anus, you have no right to prevent them from farting."

Uh, as far as I know you don't have the right to prevent someone from farting.
Old Aug 29, 2014, 12:25 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Or if you don't want to have the passenger in front of you recline his/her seat as permitted by the airline, you can simply fly Allegiant and Spirit.

David

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.