Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta to add Gogo WiFi to international fleet

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 25, 2014, 10:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DL2SXM
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1467479-dl-747-fleet-operation.html
Print Wikipost

Delta to add Gogo WiFi to international fleet

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2015, 12:41 am

Thanks Keyser,

I guess time will tell......
Old Oct 8, 2015, 12:50 am

Live chat from GoGo 2 minutes ago.......

John: Welcome to Gogo. My name is John .
Smulsh: Hi John
John: Hello
smulsh: I am flying on Monday CDG to SEA on Delta and connecting to LAS on Alaska. Will the $16 24 hour pass be suitable for this journey ?
John: CDG Charles De Gaulle?
smulsh: Yes
John: No you would need the $28.00 global all day pass
smulsh: ok is the $16 pass just within USA ?
John: That is correct
smulsh: Thanks for your help John. Enjoy your day
John: Thanks you too
Old Oct 8, 2015, 12:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by smulsh
Live chat from GoGo 2 minutes ago.......

John: Welcome to Gogo. My name is John .
Smulsh: Hi John
John: Hello
smulsh: I am flying on Monday CDG to SEA on Delta and connecting to LAS on Alaska. Will the $16 24 hour pass be suitable for this journey ?
John: CDG Charles De Gaulle?
smulsh: Yes
John: No you would need the $28.00 global all day pass
smulsh: ok is the $16 pass just within USA ?
John: That is correct
smulsh: Thanks for your help John. Enjoy your day
John: Thanks you too
that's what i thought....international segments won't work with the domestic all day passes....
Old Oct 8, 2015, 2:41 am

GoGo just e mailed me a 100% discount promo code for using live chat !!!
Old Oct 8, 2015, 3:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by smulsh
GoGo just e mailed me a 100% discount promo code for using live chat !!!
^^
Old Oct 13, 2015, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by Longboater
Wait what? All of the A330s have wifi available. Surely you should be able to purchase it in the air unless the purser has indicated the satellite system is down? I would report this.
Update as promised: To date, I don't know why I couldn't purchase wifi as and add on, nor can I speculate as to why Delta reps twice confirmed it wasn't going to be available on the A300 ATL to HNL. But Longboater, you were indeed correct, as I just finished off a fairly decent filet and am updating you from somewhere over what looks like Texas.

With your level of certainty, I went picked up a one day pass directly from gogo a week ago. So, it worked out and you helped me knock a few bucks off the price of admission. ^
Old Oct 13, 2015, 11:24 am

Programs: UA Gold Marriott Gold AA Gold Choice Gold Wyndham PLAT IHG PLAT Avis President's Club Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by jmneill
Update as promised: To date, I don't know why I couldn't purchase wifi as and add on, nor can I speculate as to why Delta reps twice confirmed it wasn't going to be available on the A300 ATL to HNL. But Longboater, you were indeed correct, as I just finished off a fairly decent filet and am updating you from somewhere over what looks like Texas.

With your level of certainty, I went picked up a one day pass directly from gogo a week ago. So, it worked out and you helped me knock a few bucks off the price of admission. ^
I'm glad you were able to have the wifi option. Enjoy the rest of your trip to HNL, especially the daytime view of the Pacific as you pass over SoCal.
Old Oct 26, 2015, 7:33 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
I'll be flying ATL-SEA on an A330; will I have to buy the more expensive international wifi pass to get online? Thanks.
Old Oct 27, 2015, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by kjnangre
I'll be flying ATL-SEA on an A330; will I have to buy the more expensive international wifi pass to get online? Thanks.
No the pricing isn't plane specific, but route. Even if it's a continuation of an international flight number, the system will see the flight as being domestic.
Old Oct 27, 2015, 7:05 am

Originally Posted by flyerCO
No the pricing isn't plane specific, but route. Even if it's a continuation of an international flight number, the system will see the flight as being domestic.
Thanks! But, on the A330, I'll be talking thru satellites, not ground-based antennas. That's why I was wondering.
Old Oct 27, 2015, 10:34 pm

Most passes seem to be US only unless specifically stated. The T&C for the 12 free Gogo's you get with U S Bank's Flex Perks are US only as well.
Old Oct 28, 2015, 6:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Thanks! But, on the A330, I'll be talking thru satellites, not ground-based antennas. That's why I was wondering.
Which is why I pointed out that it's route specific and not plane. Doesn't matter how you connect, what matters is the route the plane is flying.
Old Oct 28, 2015, 8:56 am

Originally Posted by flyerCO
Which is why I pointed out that it's route specific and not plane. Doesn't matter how you connect, what matters is the route the plane is flying.
Great, just making sure. Thanks again. I wonder how Gogo knows what route the plane will be flying. When we reach 10k feet over Atlanta, how does it know we're headed to Seattle and not Paris.
Old Oct 28, 2015, 9:48 am

Great, just making sure. Thanks again. I wonder how Gogo knows what route the plane will be flying. When we reach 10k feet over Atlanta, how does it know we're headed to Seattle and not Paris.
I would assume the same way the air show map knows the origin and destination. Someone punches them in, most likely from the Nav system in the cockpit.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 5:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Complete except for 777, 77L?

http://news.delta.com/delta-wi-fi-ac...stomers-online

Delta began installing Wi-Fi on U.S. domestic mainline aircraft in 2008. With international satellite-based Wi-Fi now installed on Delta’s wide-body fleet comprising Boeing 767s, 747s, Airbus A330 and transoceanic Boeing 757s, the airline operates the world’s largest Wi-Fi equipped fleet, giving customers more options to stay connected in-flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.