Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best FC Seat on A320?

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2013, 2:37 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by MS02113
Which domestic carriers offer nose-to-tail IFE and in-seat power fleet-wide?
Virgin America?
Old May 15, 2013, 6:31 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by amolkold
Virgin America?
I wasn't aware VX offered universal in-seat power. It's an impressive stat, but not exactly surprising given the fleet's relative youth.

That said, I'd hardly consider DL less "real" a carrier than VX over its relative lack of AVOD and in-seat power. VX serves 23 destinations to DL's 318, to pick just one example.
Old May 15, 2013, 9:57 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I wasn't aware VX offered universal in-seat power. It's an impressive stat, but not exactly surprising given the fleet's relative youth.

That said, I'd hardly consider DL less "real" a carrier than VX over its relative lack of AVOD and in-seat power. VX serves 23 destinations to DL's 318, to pick just one example.
It all matters on where you need to fly. VX actually works for me out here in LA (since I fly to the east coast a lot) but I'm not interested in a truly revenue based FF program.

Their F looks nice -- it's the same seat as the DL BE seats on LAX-JFK (the ones being phased out for flat beds). And yes, in-seat power, great IFE, fleetwide WiFi, and on-demand snack/food/bev service. If you're statusless, it's a great airline.
Old May 16, 2013, 4:26 am

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Originally Posted by SuperG1955
I was in 3B last week and when the person in 2B reclined their seat, I could not stow the tray table. The FA asked him to sit up so that the tray table could be folded.

I've never had this problem on the A319. It felt like there was less pitch than in EC. I don't know if it was this specific aircraft or A320's in general.
I was on a 320 last night. I settled in comfortably in EC, seat 5D and then got a BF to 3D (thank you GA). The pitch in 3D was fine. I realized that the difference between the flight I was on last night where I had no space issues and the flight I had last week was that the seats were different.

Again, I was in row 3 on both flights The tray table for seat 3B on the flight last week was in the armrest. The tray table for seat 3D last night was in the seat back of 2D. The pitch and legroom on last nigh't flight was fine while last week it was tight.

I don't believe there's any way of knowing which seats are installed when choosing a seat so I'd have to recommend Row 1 with the certainty of knowing what you'll get.
Old May 16, 2013, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
I was on a 320 last night. I settled in comfortably in EC, seat 5D and then got a BF to 3D (thank you GA). The pitch in 3D was fine. I realized that the difference between the flight I was on last night where I had no space issues and the flight I had last week was that the seats were different.

Again, I was in row 3 on both flights The tray table for seat 3B on the flight last week was in the armrest. The tray table for seat 3D last night was in the seat back of 2D. The pitch and legroom on last nigh't flight was fine while last week it was tight.

I don't believe there's any way of knowing which seats are installed when choosing a seat so I'd have to recommend Row 1 with the certainty of knowing what you'll get.

I seem to recall that NW had three different designations for their 320 fleet (32R, 32S, 32V) and that the variant with a life raft in the ceiling (mainly used for overwater flights e.g., DTW-CUN/SJU) was the one with the trays in the armrests throughout F

airfleets.net lists N301US thru N326US, N327NW thru N333NW, N336NW thru N349NW, and N350NA as A320-211; N334NW, N335NW, and N351NW thru N378NW are A320-212 ... maybe there's a NW alum who can provide more info about the interior configs
Old May 16, 2013, 9:51 am

Programs: Delta, SPG

Newer NW A320s were delivered with Slimline first seats (tray table in seat back in front of you). A former NW-er can confirm, but I believe that's the reason for the difference in F seats on some birds vs. others.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 11:36 am

Programs: DL Pork Medallion, PP, GE
Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy
1B is my first choice. 3B would be my second. Is the flight odd or even? FEBO may be the deciding factor for me if there is a choice of seating.
After a round of middle-of-the-night upgrades clearing, I'm now in 3B from 4A. I had been eyeing 1B or 1C, but it looks like others got upgraded ahead of me. 1A and 1D are open. For a 3 hour 15 minute flight, should I stick with 3B or go for 1A? The only time I've done a longer flight on an Airbus, I got really lucky: I was in 3D, and 2D and 3C were both vacant. I've done 1B on a short flight, and the footwell/bulkhead had surprisingly good room, but it was only a 50 minute flight.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 12:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
as much as I don't really like the bulkhead because my laptop bag has to go in the overhead bin, I'd take a Row 1 window over a Row 3 aisle in a heartbeat (particularly for a 3+15 flight)

I have 4A on BWI-SLC next week, seat map currently shows 6/12 vacant up front (yeah, I know, not authoritative) ... I don't really think I'll care whether that one clears or not, but as a PM on an S fare I think my chances are reasonable

Last edited by jrl767; Dec 18, 2014 at 12:51 pm
Old Dec 18, 2014, 12:58 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by brocklee9000
After a round of middle-of-the-night upgrades clearing, I'm now in 3B from 4A. I had been eyeing 1B or 1C, but it looks like others got upgraded ahead of me. 1A and 1D are open. For a 3 hour 15 minute flight, should I stick with 3B or go for 1A? The only time I've done a longer flight on an Airbus, I got really lucky: I was in 3D, and 2D and 3C were both vacant. I've done 1B on a short flight, and the footwell/bulkhead had surprisingly good room, but it was only a 50 minute flight.
When travelling on an A320, I always select the bulkhead row if it's available. I generally prefer aisle seats, but it's fairly easy to climb out of the window seats in row one without disturbing your seatmate on these aircraft.

Last night, I was assigned seat 3A for a 3.5+ hour A320 flight. The lack of personal space was borderline unacceptable. When the passenger in 2A reclined, his seatback broke the vertical plane of my seat bottom. I literally could not even open my armrest-mounted tray table; during dinner service, the flight attendant kindly asked the passenger to raise his seatback. When he reclined again after dinner, I was only able to use my (admittedly large) laptop by resting the keyboard against my chest.

The retrofits can't come to this fleet soon enough.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 1:59 pm

Programs: DL Pork Medallion, PP, GE
Originally Posted by jrl767
as much as I don't really like the bulkhead because my laptop bag has to go in the overhead bin, I'd take a Row 1 window over a Row 3 aisle in a heartbeat (particularly for a 3+15 flight)

I have 4A on BWI-SLC next week, seat map currently shows 6/12 vacant up front (yeah, I know, not authoritative) ... I don't really think I'll care whether that one clears or not, but as a PM on an S fare I think my chances are reasonable
When travelling on an A320, I always select the bulkhead row if it's available. I generally prefer aisle seats, but it's fairly easy to climb out of the window seats in row one without disturbing your seatmate on these aircraft.

Last night, I was assigned seat 3A for a 3.5+ hour A320 flight. The lack of personal space was borderline unacceptable. When the passenger in 2A reclined, his seatback broke the vertical plane of my seat bottom. I literally could not even open my armrest-mounted tray table; during dinner service, the flight attendant kindly asked the passenger to raise his seatback. When he reclined again after dinner, I was only able to use my (admittedly large) laptop by resting the keyboard against my chest.

The retrofits can't come to this fleet soon enough.
Thanks, I just wanted to make sure. Just switched to 1A. I'm not counting on 1B or 1C to move/cancel/change, so I'll just be content with getting the bulkhead. I remember being upgraded at the gate to 1B and being surprised that the F bulkhead was actually pleasant, but it was a while ago and it was a short flight (LAS-SLC), so I wasn't sure if my recollection was correct.

As far as the 6/12 seats available... This is a Saturday evening flight SLC-MSY. When I bought the ticket two months ago, the cabin was wide open, and 4A was the only EC seat available. Two people had purchased seats by the time the upgrade window opened, leaving 10 seats empty. Three people were cleared on Monday, bringing it to 7. I woke up this morning to find an upgrade, and now there are only 3. I'm a GM on an X fare, but's it's also Saturday night to MSY. Good luck with the Upgrade, but you should be fine.

And the retrofits will be nice. Having 16 F seats will be great, but I mostly look forward to better seats. Those A319/320 seats are tired, I hate the armrest tray tables, and every Airbus I've been on with seatback trays have been in various states of dysfunctional. I'm bummed the 320s aren't getting AVOD, though. While it's nice to have music, and the selection is better than what's in Delta Studio, I mostly like to have the moving map.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 2:06 pm

747-400 question:
can do 25 e or f for $$
or exit row 51 for free

I can't even believe i'm thinking of middle seats!!

but my question is how much more "recline" will i get in the 25 economy comfort seats?

I'm 6'4", so almost always better off with the leg room of the exits, but if I could get a great deal more recline (VERY LONG FLIGHT) I might consider it.

Thanks for any thoughts.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.