Wiki Posts
Search

PNR changed mid trip

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2012, 6:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: All of the above
PNR changed mid trip

I am GM and booked BOS-SAV for my husband and myself T fare out and M fare home. No problem going,2 bags each free (had golf clubs). When checking in on line for SAV-BOS, was unable to check Mr. Flylinda's bags free as my itinerary number had been changed. His reflected the original. Desk agent totally unclear and in fact did not even ask for my husband's ID. I was upgraded both segments,however he was not and there appeared to be availability. I did not ask to split. Que Pasa?
Old May 7, 2012, 8:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Sometimes agents will split off non-elite companions and travelers will complain about lack of elite benefits to the non-elite companion.

Sometimes agents won't split the PNR and the elite will complain about being skipped over for the upgrade.

If you absolutely wanted no split, unchecking the 'request upgrade' box on your record would have kept you together and bags free.
Old May 7, 2012, 8:46 am

Programs: Delta GM, Marriott Platinum, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
If you absolutely wanted no split, unchecking the 'request upgrade' box on your record would have kept you together and bags free.
You should absolutely not be split into separate PNRs because of checking 'request upgrade'. If you do not split, the upgrades will only clear together if space is available for both after all solo medallions and higher medallions with companions clear.

If there isn't upgrade availability, then you will both be placed on the gate upgrade list, but will not clear together. At no point will your PNR be split though.

I would definitely tweet @DeltaAssist and have them link the separate PNRs (they cannot be combined once split, even if done in error). They can also request the companion upgrade, which will likely not clear until the gate. Also, the TA will be able to see the link, and should allow free checking of bags at the airport.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.