Checked bags w/ Layover

Old Mar 20, 2012, 1:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM
Checked bags w/ Layover

I'm flying JFK - CDG - CAI in a few weeks. I'll be arriving CDG on a Sunday AM and am not leaving for CAI till Monday afternoon in order to lay over for some meetings. I'm going to be checking bags for CAI that I'd rather not have to schlep around Paris.

Does anyone know if I'll be able to check thru to CAI and not have to pick up in Paris?

Thx
Old Mar 20, 2012, 1:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
If it's a stopover and not just a connection, where the rule supposedly is either 24 hours or the next flight on international, they will not check bags through. Was there a break in the fare? However, there probably are luggage storage facilities at CDG. Another alternative is to spend the night at the CDG Sheraton right in the airport. If you have SPG status, a 4pm checkout is guaranteed and otherwise they will store the luggage between hotel checkout and time to check in for the flight.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 1:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM
Thanks MSPeconomist.

I'm staying downtown, so the hotel isn't an option.

Does anyone else out there know if there is overnight luggage storage at CDG?
Old Mar 20, 2012, 2:45 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by flyingdesigner
Thanks MSPeconomist.

I'm staying downtown, so the hotel isn't an option.

Does anyone else out there know if there is overnight luggage storage at CDG?
Bagages du monde is located near the train station hall in T2, right in front of the Sheraton entrance and near Paul Bakery and the Post Office. Just follow the "Paris By Train" signs and you will get there.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.