Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Definitive "Delta - TSA Pre-Check" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Definitive "Delta - TSA Pre-Check" thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2016, 6:34 pm

Programs: Delta KM/PM/MM, Nexus, CLEAR, Sharriott Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
keep the old BP

Originally Posted by slutide
.......................... any change to your reservation within 24 hours of the flight, including changing seats, would cause you to lose Pre-Check.

Is this true? I've only had Pre-Check for a few months (through Global Entry) but I had never heard this.

Thanks for any input.
No. Just keep the old boarding pass. See posts 3245-7 upthread, among others.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 10:23 pm

Programs: DL PM/MM, Hilton Silver, SPG+, Hertz PC
Apologies as I imagine this must have been discussed already. Yet I was not able to find it in the thread.

If I enter my KTN into my Delta profile, will it apply to travel already booked ?
TIA
Old Jun 27, 2017, 10:26 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by thesaints
Apologies as I imagine this must have been discussed already. Yet I was not able to find it in the thread.

If I enter my KTN into my Delta profile, will it apply to travel already booked ?
TIA
I think the conventional wisdom is that it only applies going forward, so you need to go through any existing reservations and add it there as well.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 10:37 pm

Originally Posted by Zorak
I think the conventional wisdom is that it only applies going forward, so you need to go through any existing reservations and add it there as well.
By calling, right ? I don't see a way to do it by myself.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 10:43 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by thesaints
By calling, right ? I don't see a way to do it by myself.
You can call in (and must, for flights inside 72 hrs), but it's also on the individual itinerary page.

On the full web site, under flight information and then the PASSENGER INFO box is another box that says SECURE FLIGHT PASSENGER DATA & CONTACT INFORMATION -- click Open and there's fields to enter your gender, DOB and KTN.

Don't see a way to do it (for a specific flight) in the Android app offhand.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 10:51 pm

Awesome! Many thanks!
Old Aug 30, 2018, 3:43 pm

Programs: AA PLT
I had booked a trip through an OTA without providing my SM or KTN numbers, and checked in before I realized my mistake. Went on delta.com, hit the green "Checked In" button, clicked 'Add FF#' under my name, put in my SM number, and then checked in again. Pre then popped up on my BP when I refreshed it in the app. Moral of the story -- you don't necessarily need to call if you can figure out how to check yourself in again online.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 9:36 am

I have an upcoming non-stop flight booked through Delta but operated by Westjet, how do I get a TSA Pre on my boarding pass? Do I get a Delta or Westjet boarding pass? and will Delta issue the boarding pass? or WJ? so confused

Delta already has my KTN number/info
Old Sep 25, 2018, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by pookguy88
I have an upcoming non-stop flight booked through Delta but operated by Westjet, how do I get a TSA Pre on my boarding pass? Do I get a Delta or Westjet boarding pass? and will Delta issue the boarding pass? or WJ? so confused

Delta already has my KTN number/info
I've asked a followup question in the other thread you posted this in. Double posting is frowned upon cause you'll end up with split responses.
Old Dec 20, 2023, 2:08 pm

I was changed to a dl flight (last min). flight marketed by VS.
i am not able to find anyplace to add my tsa number. no prompt on check in. my flight is in < 24 hrs.
is calling in /chatting online or at the gate the only way?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.