Wiki Posts
Search

Denver Skyclub?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2016, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by denCSA
Update: I'm currently in the DEN AA club now and directly across the way there's construction activity, where I assume the Skyclub will be located. I see painters in there and lights on. I took some pictures but they didn't really come out well. Looks like about a month more of work is needed in there.
Are you talking about where the USO is? Or a different part of the Mezzanine?
Old Apr 26, 2016, 11:17 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, F9 Elite, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by SFO777
Are you talking about where the USO is? Or a different part of the Mezzanine?
It's past the USO at the end of the hall. The USO is a smallish room, as I'm sure you know. The Skyclub looks like about the same size as the AA club.
Old Apr 26, 2016, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by denCSA
It's past the USO at the end of the hall. The USO is a smallish room, as I'm sure you know. The Skyclub looks like about the same size as the AA club.
Thanks for the clarification. I'll be at the DEN AC tomorrow and will try to sneak in and take some pics.
Old Apr 27, 2016, 2:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Indeed, it looks like it's not far from opening, although not sure what construction holiday has stopped work today.

From the rear end of the outbound train, take the elevator to level 4.

Apparently it takes a while to update signs, so head for the CO Presidents Club.

Turn left, past the USO.

Old Apr 27, 2016, 8:21 pm

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Indeed, it looks like it's not far from opening, although not sure what construction holiday has stopped work today.
Thanks for the preview!
Old Apr 27, 2016, 10:03 pm

Programs: DL DM MM Marriott Plat Hertz PC
^
Excited as my next DIA visit is in June...
Old Apr 28, 2016, 7:22 am

Programs: DM/3MM
SFO777, was your tour considered breaking and entering or merely trespassing since the door was left open?

Thanks for the update and pics.
Old Apr 28, 2016, 12:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TrojanTraveler
SFO777, was your tour considered breaking and entering or merely trespassing since the door was left open?
Thanks for the update and pics.
LOL. Actually, the doors were locked but my iPhone was able to peek in thru the windows.
Old Apr 28, 2016, 3:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Silver. Former AA gold. UA MP and DL Plat AMEX cardholder
Great photos SFO777! I hope to visit it on my next DEN-JFK first week of June (if it gets open by then?)
Old Apr 28, 2016, 7:22 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Was this a different club before? That microphone on the desk looks super old school!
Old Apr 29, 2016, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Back at DIA this morning and checked out progress on the Sky Club. The place was open, lights on and a couple of electricians working. I asked permission and the guys let me come in to take a look. They told me that May 15th is the "we need to be out of here by" finish date. It looks pretty good now, just needs furniture and a kitchen, and a liquor license.

The back room area.

Looks like a small kitchen area.

Old Apr 29, 2016, 12:19 pm

Programs: delta dm
Back at DIA this morning and checked out progress on the Sky Club. The place was open, lights on and a couple of electricians working. I asked permission and the guys let me come in to take a look. They told me that May 15th is the "we need to be out of here by" finish date. It looks pretty good now, just needs furniture and a kitchen, and a liquor license.

The back room area.

Looks like a small kitchen area.

Sweet pictures. Cant wait to visit. I can just picture the saag paneer in the corner, people walking around with no shoes, people changing there babies on the carpet, etc.....
Old Apr 29, 2016, 12:32 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
These pictures make it look like a self service bar. I wonder if the "Luxury Bar" has not been profitable and they might be backing away from it? Or maybe there is a bar that is just not pictured.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Diamond, B6 Mosaic, AS MPV Gold, UA Gold MM, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
Was this a different club before? That microphone on the desk looks super old school!
Yes. The entire space (what is currently the AA/BA club and what is becoming the DL club, as well as the USO space) was all built as a big CO Presidents Club when the airport was built, as DEN was still a major CO hub at the time. By the time the airport opened, CO had dehubbed DEN, and so they only ever occupied half of the space (the AA/BA side). When CO and UA merged, CO moved out of A, closed that club, and AA took over their gates and club. By that point, the USO and a BA lounge were in the other side of the space. BA then moved in with AA, and part of the side where they used to be is now becoming the DL SkyClub. It does appear that some of the woodwork in the photos is original to the space, as it matches what was originally installed for CO and was in the side of the club space they used up until their merger. I think the SkyClub is going into the space that was carved out for BA when they started DEN service, and had their own club there.

In fact, this picture (posted earlier in the thread) is of the original CO check-in desk. The spotlights on the wall used to highlight a CO Presidents Club logo mounted on the wall.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 4:59 pm

Programs: DL Dia, KM, 2MM, Hilton Dia, Natl Emer Exec. Avis Pres.
These are awesome photos - thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.