Search

SkyClub suggestions @ DTW

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2014, 9:11 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, AA PLT, Hertz PC
SkyClub suggestions @ DTW

I've got about 2.5 hours to kill late morning/early afternoon on Friday while waiting for my brothers flight to get in from LAX (I'll be airside also as I'm flying in from JFK). Was hoping to get some suggestions as to which SkyClub in DTW was the nicest to pass the time in?

I've been to the one that's near A68, but it looks like there's one near the center of concourse A, one near A18 and one near C7. Would love to hear others opinions on their preferred club. Thanks in advance.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
If I need to get work done, I prefer one of the A satellite clubs. If just lounging, I'll typically go to the main club at the center of A. It's much larger than the others, and quite comfortable when it's not overcrowded.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by javabytes
If I need to get work done, I prefer one of the A satellite clubs. If just lounging, I'll typically go to the main club at the center of A. It's much larger than the others, and quite comfortable when it's not overcrowded.
Yes, the A clubs at either end of terminal still have moderately private work cubicles.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 11:49 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by javabytes
Thanks, java. I do have a bit of work, so I like that the one's on the ends of the concourse have semi-private work cubicles. The one I went to before near A68 also had a small self-serve bar (which is always okay in my book). But do any of the clubs have massage chairs or anything unique that the others don't?
Old Apr 16, 2014, 11:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by clr4t8koff
Thanks, java. I do have a bit of work, so I like that the one's on the ends of the concourse have semi-private work cubicles. The one I went to before near A68 also had a small self-serve bar (which is always okay in my book). But do any of the clubs have massage chairs or anything unique that the others don't?
No massage chairs, but Centerpoint A had an actual masseuse a couple weeks ago.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 12:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by LBJ
No massage chairs, but Centerpoint A had an actual masseuse a couple weeks ago.
IIRC the big center A lounge was part of the SC upgrade experiment that ended in late March. I would be very surprised if the massage were being offered now, just as the enhanced food items that were being tested are no longer on offer.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 12:31 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I'm all about the tarmac views so unless I need a shower I like a satellite club.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 12:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM
If you've got the time, I'd head for the B/C lounge. Slightly larger than the A18/A68 lounges (but smaller than A-center), good views of the ramp, and I've never had it feel crowded. Same self-serve bar as the other locations.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 12:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by CMK10
I'm all about the tarmac views so unless I need a shower I like a satellite club.
I sometimes like to people watch the terminal concourse from the windows in the A SC, especially if I can get a corner seat.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I sometimes like to people watch the terminal concourse from the windows in the A SC, especially if I can get a corner seat.
This. One day there was a Brookstone rep standing out in front of the store demoing a remote control helicopter. He kept chasing the TSOs down the hall with it.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 2:50 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Premier, AA Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, Sixt Plat
Does DTW only have Gordon's now or do they have other liquors (other than the rum) as well?
Old Apr 16, 2014, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Pathfinder813
Does DTW only have Gordon's now or do they have other liquors (other than the rum) as well?
Not sure what you are talking about. Same complimentary liquor selection as other clubs. Vodka is now Finlandia, Gin is Gordon's, Myer's Rum, Scoresby Scotch, and Jack Daniel's. Drinking a Jack and Diet Coke right now in Centerpoint A.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 3:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
IIRC the big center A lounge was part of the SC upgrade experiment that ended in late March. I would be very surprised if the massage were being offered now, just as the enhanced food items that were being tested are no longer on offer.
Masseuse is no longer here, but there is still soup (three bean Chili and chicken noodle today). I suspect I'm too late for the sandwiches.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 3:11 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

All great posts, and I'm curious to check out the B/C club. Thank you all for the info!
Old Apr 16, 2014, 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by clr4t8koff
All great posts, and I'm curious to check out the B/C club. Thank you all for the info!
I would just hang out in A centerpoint. I like to people watch all of the people coming in from security and leaving towards baggage claim.

B/C is great for looking at planes but meh.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.