Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta App for BB: service currently unavailable

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2011, 8:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM, 3M; AA, FB, UA some lower status

I am trying to use the mobile app for my Blackberry Torch, downloaded the latest, every time I start, it asks for "connectivity" permission (even though I save it each time).

Then, every time it asks for my SM number, last name and PIN, but always gives the same response:
We apologize, but this service is currently unavailable."
After I clear this message, it will let me continue as guest.

Anyone else have this trouble?
Old Feb 23, 2011, 8:56 am

Programs: DL DM+(segs)/MM, UA Ag, Hilton DM, Marriott Ti (life Pt), TSA Opt-out Platinum
Originally Posted by Tom Williams
I am trying to use the mobile app for my Blackberry Torch, downloaded the latest, every time I start, it asks for "connectivity" permission (even though I save it each time).

Then, every time it asks for my SM number, last name and PIN, but always gives the same response:

After I clear this message, it will let me continue as guest.

Anyone else have this trouble?
Are you connected to a BES? Your BES permissions may block it, or they may block you from setting it to automatically "allow" non-approved applications.

BES = Blackberry Enterprise Server. If you have a company issue BB, it's likely connected to a BES for security.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 10:29 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles (Silver), UA Mileage Plus, US Scareways, AA Advantage
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9700/5.0.0.979 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Its working on my Bold 9700...didn't ask for permission changes and it let me log right in...maybe it's something with the Torch itself (touchscreen vs. Non touchscreen)? Sorry I can't help...

DL757ATL
Old Feb 23, 2011, 12:10 pm

Programs: DL Gold, Marriott PPE,
I used to have the same problem and then one day during a snowstorm that I was stuck in the house I played around trying to download apps and personalize my torch and the problem disappeared. But I do not know what I did!
Old Feb 23, 2011, 5:40 pm

Programs: DL GM
my friend had the same problem on her iphone app. she ended up go on computer, reset her passoword and everything, and it worked.

so maybe you wanna try delta.com, see if pw is correct, and or change the pw. and went back to delta bb app.

i know ppl use delta bb app, installed and good to go, no need to change anything..

good luck!
Old Feb 23, 2011, 8:51 pm

Programs: DL FO MM, AA EXP MM, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
My app stopped working about a week ago (Torch), this afternoon an update was sent, downloaded it, rebooted, works fine now.
Old Feb 24, 2011, 7:56 am
Company Representative - Delta Air Lines

Programs: Delta Air Lines
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We will investigate on our end and see what we can find out. If the suggested solution for BES works for you, please let us know and we can see how to communicate this to other Blackberry users that run into the same problem.

Danny, eCommerce / delta.com | Delta Social Ambassador
Connect with us at Twitter.com/Delta & Facebook.com/Delta
Old Feb 28, 2011, 6:29 pm

Programs: DL Plat, PC Spire, Amex Reserve, Hilton Gold
Dan I too am having the same issue with my BB Bold 9700. If you take a few minutes to read the reviews about the Delta app on the BB applications website it seems the issues started when the latest release was issued.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 6:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM, 3M; AA, FB, UA some lower status
Originally Posted by Danny_DeltaeCommerce
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We will investigate on our end and see what we can find out. If the suggested solution for BES works for you, please let us know and we can see how to communicate this to other Blackberry users that run into the same problem.

Danny, eCommerce / delta.com | Delta Social Ambassador
Connect with us at Twitter.com/Delta & Facebook.com/Delta
Danny,

Thank you very much for your response. I think my problem may be a permission issue with a BES. I will not be able to check this with my company IT until next week, but I will post the results here when I do.

Thanks again for your engagement here.
Old Jul 2, 2011, 6:20 pm

Programs: Aeroflot Gold, DL Silver, Marriott Gold, Global Entry, NEXUS
Arrow Can't Find Delta Blackbery App???

I feel dumb but i can't find the Delta Blackberry App on App world. I search for "Delta" and the closest I can find is some "Flight Network" that I have never heard of.

What am I doing incorrectly? I want my 1000 miles upon checkin!!!

Old Jul 2, 2011, 8:52 pm

Programs: Delta PM, HHonors Silver, AVIS First
Originally Posted by MaecDavidMiller
I feel dumb but i can't find the Delta Blackberry App on App world. I search for "Delta" and the closest I can find is some "Flight Network" that I have never heard of.

What am I doing incorrectly? I want my 1000 miles upon checkin!!!

???

I just searched "Delta" in BB App World and it was first on the list so I'm not sure why you aren't seeing it.

I installed it right when it came out and only used it once. I don't see the point, it doesn't actually *do* anything for me other than list my flights (which I already have in WorldMate along with hotel and car information and live flight status and gate updates).

I just used Delta's app to check in for my flights tomorrow solely to get the 1000 miles. I still have to go to a kiosk and print boarding passes (going through some airports that don't support mobile boarding passes). I'll use it to check in as long as they're handing out miles for it. As soon as they stop, so will I.
Old Jul 3, 2011, 11:21 am

Programs: DL FO MM, AA EXP MM, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
Thanks for starting this thread, I have a torch and the app has not worked for a few weeks, this reminded me to try it and its now working, I will use it on Monday to check in and see if the 1K mile promo works.
Old Jul 3, 2011, 12:20 pm

Programs: Aeroflot Gold, DL Silver, Marriott Gold, Global Entry, NEXUS
Arrow BB 8820

Thanks for looking for me...I think that the problem is my model, the 8820 (no camera for security reasons) is not on the list of supported models.

I sent a note to [email protected] and asked, haven't received an answer yet. I will also try to download the app to my computer and then transfer it to the Blackberry, and will report back my success or failure.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.