Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Android Delta

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2011, 12:35 pm

Programs: DL DM-1MM
Last week I encountered 2 problems with the same itinerary / boarding pass(es).

1st, I checked in for my flights on the Android (I have a T-Mobile G2X) application, and when I went to the Boarding pass page, it was missing the actual barcode. Where the barcode should have been, there was a square and text saying "Barcode". Obviously I couldn't present that to TSA/Gate.

2nd, I decided to instead have the boarding pass e-mailed to my mobile device. Upon opening up the link, I had only XML, and not the imaged boarding pass I was hoping for.

I full on acknowledge that this could be my phone that is causing the problem, but I am curious if this has happened in the past to anyone else and wonder if I am simply overlooking something. I never had the problem with the mobile boarding pass (e-mailed) on my previous Android device.
Old Jun 7, 2011, 9:56 am
Company Representative - Delta Air Lines

Programs: Delta Air Lines
A new version of the application is now available in the Android market. The latest release is 1.4.1. We released 1.4 on Friday and over the weekend discovered a bug that would cause a force close for certain customers and released a fix for that on Monday (1.4.1 version).

The new release has the following updates

The latest version of the Delta app now helps you deal with canceled or misconnected flights.
  • see if you've been automatically rebooked.
  • pick another flight from a list of suggested itineraries.
  • search for alternates, including flights into nearby airports.
  • share your new flight details via email.
  • receive push notifications for flight and gate changes (2.2 and higher only).
  • force close bug fixes when viewing itineraries
  • Minor bugs were also fixed in this release.

The reason notifications are only for 2.2 and higher devices is that Google's version of push is available in 2.2 and higher versions of the OS. You can turn this on or off under the settings that are accessed on the home screen.

The reason we went from 1.0.1 to 1.4 is to keep the version numbers in line with the iPhone version of the application.

And in the next release, look for:
  • viewing seat maps and changing your seat
  • check your status on the upgrade standby list (it will have more information on it than what you see on delta.com )

Danny, eCommerce / delta.com | Delta Social Ambassador
Connect with us at Twitter.com/Delta & Facebook.com/Delta
Old Jun 7, 2011, 10:01 am

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
Thanks for the update, Danny! Looking forward to the future updates, especially the bold part below.

Originally Posted by Danny_DeltaeCommerce
And in the next release, look for:
  • viewing seat maps and changing your seat
  • check your status on the upgrade standby list (it will have more information on it than what you see on delta.com )

Old Jun 7, 2011, 10:13 am

Yes seat maps and upgrade list would be the MAIN func of a mobile app... like the CO one.
Old Jun 7, 2011, 1:32 pm

Programs: AA:LT Platinum DL:LT Gold UA:1P MAR:LT Titanium
A new version of the application is now available in the Android market. The latest release is 1.4.1. We released 1.4 on Friday and over the weekend discovered a bug that would cause a force close for certain customers and released a fix for that on Monday (1.4.1 version).

The new release has the following updates
Tried it out -- awesome! Thank you!

Don't spend any more time on the iPhone app... focus on the Android one... the ladies have enough gimmicky stuff to play with on their iPhones already
Old Jun 7, 2011, 1:52 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM
Thanks Danny. Can't wait to try it out. I haven't been able to check-in on the android for a couple of weeks now. Hopefully the new version will fix it.
Old Jun 8, 2011, 9:29 am
gnd

Tried the app this trip and it was a big help. I was at BWI several hours early for my flight back to ALT. I knew that I could not switch to an earlier flight without being charged more, so I was content to just sit around and relax. As I was getting ready to go through security, I pulled up my boarding pass through Android and saw that my flight would(1724) be late, BUT that I could get an earlier flight at know extra cost. I rushed to the Delta ticketing area and talked to the lady there. She said that my flight was on time, but after I showed here the screen of the app, she poked around and said oh yeah there is a half an hour delay ( later saw that the flight left an HOUR and a half late).She changed my ticket to the earlier flight(1824) and off I went.

thank you!
Old Jun 30, 2011, 11:40 am

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
Since I suspect Danny subscribes to this thread, I'm going to make a bug report here. Partner itineraries booked on DL stock (such as award tickets) are showing up with DL as the flight number prefix instead of the actual carrier. For instance, I'm booked on KE908 and KL125, which show up as DL908 and DL125 in the Android app. It shows up properly on DL.dumb (although in the ticketing process the flight numbers got the wrong carrier prefix but were footnoted "Operated by Korean Air Lines" or something like that as you'd see on a DL Connection flight).
Old Jun 30, 2011, 1:18 pm

Programs: DL PM, GE
I encountered the same problem, booked award ticket on SU164 and SU113 and the app shows DL164 and DL163.
Happened in February and for a flight next month.
Old Jun 30, 2011, 1:58 pm

Programs: Chivas, Tequila, Good Beer
I like the APP.

One suggestion.

Add a screen displaying my SkyMiles Barcode so that I can use it at the Kiosk Scanners. Very handy to just scan the barcode right on the phone.

I currently use a different Android app that keeps all of my loyalty cards (CVS, Best Buy, Vitamin Shoppe, Delta, etc) and use them at checkouts.
The APP accepts DELTA's barcode and use it at the kiosk.

Thanks for the APP.
Old Jul 19, 2011, 4:37 pm
Company Representative - Delta Air Lines

Programs: Delta Air Lines
Version 1.5 is now available in the market. The updates fro this include:
  • Ability to select and change seats
  • Ability to view the full Upgrade Standby List on flights you have requested an upgrade on or are flying standby on.

There have been a few other modest tweaks in response to feedback (mostly on the user interface front). And the other feedback that has been provided in this thread is also being looked at.

Old Jul 19, 2011, 5:54 pm

Programs: UA 2P, DL, FL A+ Elite, AA
Version 1.5 is now available in the market. The updates fro this include:
  • Ability to select and change seats
  • Ability to view the full Upgrade Standby List on flights you have requested an upgrade on or are flying standby on.

There have been a few other modest tweaks in response to feedback (mostly on the user interface front). And the other feedback that has been provided in this thread is also being looked at.

Excellent! I love this app and also love how it keeps getting better and better. Good work, DL! ^

One quirk: when I looked at my itinerary for the AF codeshare I flew a couple weeks ago, I noticed that it told me my seat was 36F, business class. I was flying on a coach award ticket, so I was clearly neither business class nor upgrade eligible as a Silver. It did get my hopes up, though -- bummer.

And one suggestion: the ability to look at itineraries off-line. I travel international, and it would be handy to be able to look at my itinerary when I don't have access to 3G networks or wifi.

Last edited by sheremetyevo; Jul 19, 2011 at 6:01 pm
Old Jul 19, 2011, 7:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by SkyMilesInsider
Thought that you would like to know that we just released our 3rd mobile app this afternoon and updated the Delta blog with details of our new Android app.

Enjoy!
I would love for it to work with my ANDROID PANDIGITAL NOVEL e-reader with wifi. I could use it as my boarding pass and book then. Can you please fix the app to work with it?

Thanks!^

MFG link: http://www.pandigital.net/search.asp...&ProductID=393
Old Jul 19, 2011, 9:10 pm

I just downloaded the updated app and gave the seat-changing feature a try for an upcoming trip. It feels very polished. I would have settled for just having this function work on delta.com from mobile browsers, but this is definitely better.

My only trip in the next few days is on a CRJ so I can't test out the upgrade list feature yet - looking forward to seeing it in action though!
Old Jul 19, 2011, 9:19 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott: Titanium
Some more minor feedback. The "Contact" section only contains toll-free numbers which you can't call internationally. What about using the user's location to provide the phone numbers for Delta in the same country the user is in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.