Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Capital One Delta Airlines Mastercard (Canada)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2010, 6:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AC, VIPorter, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond

http://www.capitalone.ca/lp/delta-sk...card/index.php

Interesting to see another U.S. airline enter the Canadian credit card market (after TD/AA and MBNA/AS)

The usual $120 annual fee. 25,000 mile first purchase bonus. DL miles are nowhere near as valuable as Aeroplan miles, but 25,000 for $120 isn't a bad deal.
Old Aug 30, 2010, 7:12 am

Programs: AC E; Marriott Platinum
When you could redeem on SQ, it was mildly worth collecting. Now they really are Skypesos.

I'm happy with AE miles
Old Aug 30, 2010, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
DL has a fair sized presence here in Canada, though I think NW had an even larger one, so makes sense to offer a card up here.
Old Aug 30, 2010, 7:41 am

Programs: DL,AC,HH,PC
Originally Posted by Shareholder
DL has a fair sized presence here in Canada, though I think NW had an even larger one, so makes sense to offer a card up here.
NW is Delta now and I don't think any routes ex-Canada have been cut.

Don't know how this competes with Aerogold though .
Old Aug 30, 2010, 9:44 am

Originally Posted by Wally Bird

Don't know how this competes with Aerogold though .
You're right, it doesn't really compete; DL's fuel surcharge is nowhere near as high as AC's.
Old Aug 30, 2010, 12:07 pm

Programs: AC SE100, SPG Plat, Visa Inf Priv
There's a thread on the DL forum.

IMO, pretty poor CC given the devaluation of DL SkyMiles (WorldPerks miles).

I don't think Visa AP will worry.
Old Aug 30, 2010, 12:11 pm

Programs: AC*E, A3*S, SPG Gold
Perfect, I'm 5,000 skymiles short for a flight to MSP in November. Instead of paying the $158 for the extra 5,000 miles I'll pay $120 for 5x that!
Old Aug 30, 2010, 1:47 pm

Programs: AC E75K
I've been screwed by Delta way to many times that I would rather take the bus than give them any of my business. That having been said, I guess this card is OK if you collect skymiles (why?). AP is a better program imho. Oh well. To each his own.
Old Aug 30, 2010, 2:12 pm

Looking way into the future, I see that I can get a roundtrip ticket within North America (ex-YVR) for 25000 miles plus a small amount of taxes (around $40-50). That being the case, this card would likely be worth it, because you'd be getting a roundtrip ticket for less than $200.
Old Aug 30, 2010, 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by Wally Bird
AFAIK they have just recently dropped the Thunder Bay-Minneapolis route
Old Aug 30, 2010, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
I hate Delta's frequent flier program. In Feb, I tried to book 2 tickets YYZ-JFK for the following Dec (any date), and almost everything was 50K miles. The 6 a.m. flights were 40K miles. So there is no way I would pay $120 for this card. Mind you, if they waived the fee for the first year, I'd be all over this.
Old Aug 30, 2010, 6:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Not a chance that I'd sign up for this card! If you want to attempt to redeem on DL just get the Alaska card, they too have a 25,000 bonus and DL is a partner and the annual fee is lower. I tried to use AS miles on DL and there was no availability at the lowest rate for months - not a single flight!! Something like that could eventually lead to allegations of fraud.
Old Aug 31, 2010, 6:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by CZBB
You're right, it doesn't really compete; DL's fuel surcharge is nowhere near as high as AC's.
please, AC only charges fuel surcharges on AC metal.
DL has stupid foreign origin fee, good luck trying to book an intra-asia award with SkyPesos.

Having said that, $120 for 25000 miles is an ok deal. 2 miles for $1 is not bad either, considering the devaluation its really like getting 1:1.
Old Aug 31, 2010, 3:17 pm

Not a competitor to people like myself - the card isn't available to QC residents.
Old Aug 31, 2010, 4:12 pm

Delta miles are like jokes. I once put an award hold on a flight from NRT-HKG for 30000 miles, the website lets me hold it for 7 days so that I can get enough miles to redeem. After couple hours, the reservation was cancelled without any reason - a call to CS says it is cancelled without knowing who did that.

I tried to reserve the same itin again couple hours later, now it requires 40000 miles.

Then I made couple calls to CS. They say mileage are subjected to change before ticketing (!) - why they let me put a hold for 7 days for miles to be transferred in the first place. So if you put a hold for some tickets, then bought the number of miles required, you are running a chance that even after you bought the miles, you will still not be able to ticket the itin and you will look like dumb buying the miles in the first place.

I finally reached a CS who "temporarily" let me reserve the 30000 award bucket and I have the itin ticketed for 30000 miles. He is saying it is a one time exception blah blah blah.

Few weeks after, the same itin costs 20000 miles.

I am done with Delta miles - thanks God.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.