Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

What's the stupidest, least substantive thing you can complain about? (DL version)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What's the stupidest, least substantive thing you can complain about? (DL version)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2010, 11:31 am
In Memoriam
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, UA, AA, SPG Gold, Marriott, HH, Fairmont, NYSC (Passport), 24hrFitness-Super Sport

This thread was just brought to my attention over in the AA forum. I thought this would be the perfect place for our most pressing and unfortunate issues, such as the guy who stank in 3C, the scorching-hot towels on yesterday's flight to ATL, the lack of AVOD on certain transcon flights, and Zone 4 in general.

I'll start. You know what really grinds my gears? When I get the Ruffles instead of the Grissini. Oh, and the fact that I don't get to see Deltalina's finger-wag when I sit in "cradle-style" BE cabins. What gives?

[Credit for the thread goes to Blumie of the AA forum]

Last edited by DLNYC; Aug 13, 2010 at 11:43 am
Old Aug 13, 2010, 11:40 am

Programs: DL PM, USLess air & HHoners
OK.. I can contribute to this one... I know it's stupid and I know that it's really insignificant, but it's a real pet peeve of mine...

Why can't they block off part of each skyclub as a "Quiet Zone" and maybe even close it off so that people can enjoy the club without all kinds of noise? Some of the clubs have quiet areas and some don't... It drives me up a wall hearing some self important DYKWIA blabbering on his cell phone about how he still has the hangover from hell from making a half a million dollar sale on the golf course last night... I JUST DON'T WANT TO HEAR... I'd like to sit in the club, enjoy my drink and watch the planes outside IN SILENCE...

OK.. Rant over...,
Old Aug 13, 2010, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Deleted... misunderstood the OP's intent.. my error.

Last edited by StayingHomeIsBetter; Aug 13, 2010 at 12:36 pm Reason: Playing nice
Old Aug 13, 2010, 12:02 pm
In Memoriam
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, UA, AA, SPG Gold, Marriott, HH, Fairmont, NYSC (Passport), 24hrFitness-Super Sport
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
Complaining about other folks complaints.
Sense of humor, StayingHome. This is meant to be a fun thread. Can we try to keep it that way?
Old Aug 13, 2010, 12:09 pm

Programs: DL-MM-Diamond HH-Diamond
I was at the DTW club yesterday and sitting in the "Quiet Zone" and my biggest pet peeve is when people are not QUIET! and keep babbling on their phone and making plans for Christmas, it is 100 freaking degrees outside and Im trying to watch the news. I really don't care that your Aunt Martha is not talking to Cousin It so you can't invite them together for Christmas. I wanted so badly to go over to her and say STFU, but I chickened out. Ok, my BIGGEST pet peeve is Im a chicken
Old Aug 13, 2010, 12:11 pm

Programs: DL DM, 2MM
The guy next to me in BE, wanting his steak medium well and wanting to choose another vegetable. Shouldn't there be an IQ test for sitting in BE?
Old Aug 13, 2010, 12:17 pm

Programs: DL PM MM SC; GE; Bonvoy Titanium; IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by DLNYC
I'll start. You know what really grinds my gears? When I get the Ruffles instead of the Grissini.
AFAIK, if you get the sandwich, it comes with the Ruffles. You want Grissini, get the salad. It's not DLs fault if you don't know how to order.

On that note, I hate when you get the Dancing Deer cookie and not the brownie. Give me chocolate over molasses clove anytime.
Old Aug 13, 2010, 12:23 pm

Programs: DL PM, Alaska Gold MVP, Expedia Elite Plus, Amex Reserve.
Originally Posted by MR_MAMA
I was at the DTW club yesterday and sitting in the "Quiet Zone" and my biggest pet peeve is when people are not QUIET! and keep babbling on their phone and making plans for Christmas, it is 100 freaking degrees outside and Im trying to watch the news. I really don't care that your Aunt Martha is not talking to Cousin It so you can't invite them together for Christmas. I wanted so badly to go over to her and say STFU, but I chickened out. Ok, my BIGGEST pet peeve is Im a chicken
This is not DL issue this the person talking on that phone, But if you have an issue with that then walk up to that person, and ask them the be quiet.
Old Aug 13, 2010, 12:30 pm

Programs: DL - Diamond Medallion - 2 Million Miler; Marriott Gold Elite, Radisson GOLD. ParknGo loves me
When getting stuck in the back - and having to play play "elbow wars" with your neighbors for a small share of the armrest.
Old Aug 13, 2010, 12:31 pm

Programs: DYKWIA Extraordinaire. TrollSlayer Mega Diamond. [insert esoteric sounding status level(s) here]
Overweight 30 and 40 somethings that think they can cut me in lines because they are fo/gm/pm.
Old Aug 13, 2010, 12:33 pm

Programs: HHonors, Hyatt GP, Marriott, Varying Levels w/ UA /AF /DL /SQ /AA
Originally Posted by Vuelos
Overweight 30 and 40 somethings that think they can cut me in lines because they are fo/gm/pm.
Uppity overweight 50somethings that complain about overweight 30 and 40 somethings who cut them in lines because they're fo/gm/pm. It'd be okay if the line cutters weren't overweight.
Old Aug 13, 2010, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by DLNYC
Sense of humor, StayingHome. This is meant to be a fun thread. Can we try to keep it that way?
Fair enough... How about no lime wedges for my club soda on many DL Connection flights?

Without lime wedges you cannot make ersatz key lime pies out of Biscoffs.

(Am I playing nice?)
Old Aug 13, 2010, 12:52 pm

Programs: Delta DM and 2 MM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
My family got an international op-up a year ago. After this, whenever we fly international on our T fares, my young daughter cries when we walk through the business class section and she can't sit there. Especially when there are lie-flat seats. Can I get compensation?
Old Aug 13, 2010, 1:04 pm

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
My biggest pet peeve is how much the FAs talk prior to take off. Quit thanking me, telling me to put small stuff under my seat versus the overheard( why is my computer bag not as important as someone else's suitcase) and just the general keep the line moving. Then it seems each FA has to say the same thing, so they all get a turn on the microphone. I know all small stuff, but I do find it annoying.
Old Aug 13, 2010, 1:10 pm
In Memoriam
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ShopAround
AFAIK, if you get the sandwich, it comes with the Ruffles. You want Grissini, get the salad. It's not DLs fault if you don't know how to order.
But I want the sandwich AND the grissini, dammit!

Originally Posted by ShopAround
On that note, I hate when you get the Dancing Deer cookie and not the brownie. Give me chocolate over molasses clove anytime.
Never! I'll take the cookie over the brownie any day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.