Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Pre Flight Beverage Service, fading fast

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pre Flight Beverage Service, fading fast

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2017, 11:10 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
Delta One LAX-JFK March 20th no PDB, not even the pre-poured OJ/'Champagne'/ Mimosa.
This is inexcusable
Old May 13, 2017, 2:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
This is inexcusable
Agreed. Completely inexcusable. Reminiscent of AA.
Old May 13, 2017, 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by FSUnole03
It doesn't help that DL advertises and markets the PDB as a selling point too. http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...rst-class.html (under Personal Service)
And that's how I always shut down the trollers on here who whine and moan that these complaints are silly.
Old May 23, 2017, 5:54 pm

Programs: DL DM MM Marriott Plat Hertz PC
Wow.....I've seen lazy but this may be the worst yet. 4825 DEN/SLC. Boarding is on time and smooth. Departure time 5:55. 5:30 I ring the bell and ask why there is no water or offer of PDB. FA states water wasn't catered and they are running late. A complete lie on being late. For the last 20 minutes 3 passengers have boarded. 5:50 doors are closed. Shutting down till wifi hits.

Signing off for now.

Cranky saj8986
Old May 23, 2017, 8:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by Saj8986
Wow.....I've seen lazy but this may be the worst yet. 4825 DEN/SLC. Boarding is on time and smooth. Departure time 5:55. 5:30 I ring the bell and ask why there is no water or offer of PDB. FA states water wasn't catered and they are running late. A complete lie on being late. For the last 20 minutes 3 passengers have boarded. 5:50 doors are closed. Shutting down till wifi hits.

Signing off for now.

Cranky saj8986
I would definitely send in a complaint to delta. That is unexcusable seeing you asked for a drink that far ahead of time and were denied.

A little OT but have other noticed the FA's are getting lazy about offering to hang jackets. My last three trips (DTW/NYC, DTW/LAX and DTW/FLL) both ways there was no offer to hang my jacket. Wasn't a big deal since this was just a light weight casual jacket and there was room in the bins to store it and they did a PDB on all those flights but they used to always offer to hang your jacket in the closet
Old May 23, 2017, 8:25 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles KM, Sky Club/Priority Pass, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
I would definitely send in a complaint to delta. That is unexcusable seeing you asked for a drink that far ahead of time and were denied.

A little OT but have other noticed the FA's are getting lazy about offering to hang jackets. My last three trips (DTW/NYC, DTW/LAX and DTW/FLL) both ways there was no offer to hang my jacket. Wasn't a big deal since this was just a light weight casual jacket and there was room in the bins to store it and they did a PDB on all those flights but they used to always offer to hang your jacket in the closet
I think this tends to happen every summer as the weather gets warmer. Never had a problem getting mine hung in the winter.
Old May 24, 2017, 3:59 am

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
Kudos to the crew on the Saturday morning 0605 departure BWI to DTW. The inbound plane (from SLC) was a few minutes late, and one of the GAs announced in the gatehouse that there wouldn't be any PDB service. Fortunately, the crew had other ideas and I got a PDB.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
No pdb on this dtw To
Msp flight even though we boarded on time and flight was delayed 15 minutes for maintenance issues. What really pissed me off was fa and pilot spent time talking in the galley so no excuse. Took 45 minutes once we were airborne to get my first and only drink and that was served in a disposable cup. On the landing announcement the FA said we may be receiving a survey shortly and hoped we would rate them a five and if we didn't receive a survey we could leave compliments at Delta.com. I thought that took a LOT of nerve

Last edited by jamesteroh; Jun 29, 2017 at 6:00 pm
Old Jun 30, 2017, 12:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by ND76
Kudos to the crew on the Saturday morning 0605 departure BWI to DTW. The inbound plane (from SLC) was a few minutes late, and one of the GAs announced in the gatehouse that there wouldn't be any PDB service. Fortunately, the crew had other ideas and I got a PDB.
I suspect I have posted about this, but a search of this thread turned up zip, so...

I recall one flight, out of a small airport (but I do not recall which) where the inbound plane had arrived late.

GA made an announcement that all FC PAX should come to the desk. He then proceeded to take our drink orders and handed this to the FA, so that the drinks could be pre-prepared before we boarded. ^

Barring extremely exigent circumstances, PDBs can be accomplished... if there is an attitude that PDBs should be accomplished.
Marykatesmom likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2017, 3:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Wow that's really impressive (above)!
Old Jun 30, 2017, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
I suspect I have posted about this, but a search of this thread turned up zip, so...

I recall one flight, out of a small airport (but I do not recall which) where the inbound plane had arrived late.

GA made an announcement that all FC PAX should come to the desk. He then proceeded to take our drink orders and handed this to the FA, so that the drinks could be pre-prepared before we boarded. ^

Barring extremely exigent circumstances, PDBs can be accomplished... if there is an attitude that PDBs should be accomplished.
That's very impressive. I would have given the ga a Jwd cert fort that if I had ind
Old Jul 1, 2017, 5:15 am

Programs: DL DM & 5MM, WN
Have sat in F probably 90% of domestic flights in the last 18 mos. Have been offered PDB service 90%+ of the time. It seems to me it is usually just a matter of the flight attendant forgetting to offer it on time. Also they can get hung up working in between the boarding passengers and accidentally skip a few of the F customers. A water bottle is right there at every F seat; alcohol will be available shortly in any event.

Jacket service can be spotty. I think it is because a lot fewer people these days wear suits or sport jackets. I know I don't. I think that they can just plain forget to ask.
Old Jul 1, 2017, 8:56 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Justin026
Have sat in F probably 90% of domestic flights in the last 18 mos. Have been offered PDB service 90%+ of the time. It seems to me it is usually just a matter of the flight attendant forgetting to offer it on time. Also they can get hung up working in between the boarding passengers and accidentally skip a few of the F customers. A water bottle is right there at every F seat; alcohol will be available shortly in any event.

Jacket service can be spotty. I think it is because a lot fewer people these days wear suits or sport jackets. I know I don't. I think that they can just plain forget to ask.
The problem is FC customers have to wait for the YC carts to get set up and go out (on a lot of narrowbodies) before FC can even get a drink in-flight. C+ almost always gets a drink service before FC on the 717/M88/M90. Sometimes I even get better and more attentive service in C+ on these planes than FC.
Old Jul 1, 2017, 9:49 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles
Really foolish to not include it. Makes Comfort plus more attractive.
Old Jul 1, 2017, 10:15 am

Programs: DL, Marriott & IHG Platty; HH Diamonte
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
The problem is FC customers have to wait for the YC carts to get set up and go out (on a lot of narrowbodies) before FC can even get a drink in-flight. C+ almost always gets a drink service before FC on the 717/M88/M90. Sometimes I even get better and more attentive service in C+ on these planes than FC.
I find this very irritating. How difficult would it be for the FA's to just tag team the FC passenger drinks and then set up the carts?

In reality, I can't recall the last time I wasn't offered a PFB of some type.

Last edited by pharmawalk; Jul 1, 2017 at 10:22 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.