Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JFK T4 Oasis Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2010, 5:16 am

Originally Posted by slidergirl
I have an F flight SLC-JFK and then BE flight JFK-BCN on Sunday. Will I be "invited" to use the Oasis Lounge? I also have my SC card and my Amex Plat *NOT THE DL ONE*.
You should have no trouble using the Oasis with your SC card alone, but don't expect anyone to point it out to you. DL staff will direct you to the Sky Clubs.
Old Apr 20, 2010, 7:38 am

Programs: DM , MM ,Natl-Exec Elite,HH diamond,SPG gold
That is really weird, the CSR at the desk made it an emphatic point that they no longer accepted SC at that lounge. Strange doings, been through there X2 since and never bothered to use based on that experience.

Originally Posted by xanthuos
I've never had a problem using the Oasis lounge as a SkyClub member. Whether flying or not (though have occasionally been asked what flight I'm on or for a boarding pass). I either just tell them a flight I know off the top of my head (like 711 JFK-LAX) or have a magically printed BP.
Old Apr 20, 2010, 9:31 am

I have used as a Sky Club member traveling domestic from T2.

I will also point out that if the weather is amenable, it is almost as quick to forgo the AirTrain and walk to T3 from T4. It is a pleasant walk and very direct.

I had to do so the last time because the AirTrain broke down.

I simply walked to T3, cleared security there and took the moving walkway to T2. No problem and probably no slower than the AirTrain given the walking and waiting involved for the train.
Old May 10, 2010, 12:00 pm

Programs: DL Platinum & MM, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Has anyone tried using this lounge solely as a First/Business passenger on the non-stop JFK transcontinental flights? I'd like to do so for an upcoming flight to PDX, and I don't have a SC membership.

The Delta web site SkyClub access page does list the Oasis lounge as an option for this passenger type.

Also, can I check in with bags at T4, or will they send me back to T2/T3 if I'm not going to a T4 destination? Can I pass security in T4 and take the shuttle bus to T2/T3?

Thanks!
Old May 10, 2010, 6:53 pm

Programs: NW Plat, Hilton, Avis
Originally Posted by Loran
Has anyone tried using this lounge solely as a First/Business passenger on the non-stop JFK transcontinental flights? I'd like to do so for an upcoming flight to PDX, and I don't have a SC membership.

The Delta web site SkyClub access page does list the Oasis lounge as an option for this passenger type.

Also, can I check in with bags at T4, or will they send me back to T2/T3 if I'm not going to a T4 destination? Can I pass security in T4 and take the shuttle bus to T2/T3?

Thanks!
Last time I was there, First/Business Elite International will get you access to Oasis in T4 (upper level on the left, but outside of the secure area.) Once inside the secure area, you can take a bus to inside T2/T3. Not sure if you can check bags at T4 if departing from T2/T3.
Old Aug 14, 2010, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
So let me get this straight. Since I am on a non BE domestic flight out of T4, with a SkyClub card I may or may not be able to access this club with that card and BP depending on the time of day, whim of the agent at the desk, direction of the wind, crowd already inside, etc. etc.

Has anyone else received that impression from this thread? Or am I reading it wrong?
Old Aug 14, 2010, 7:24 pm

Programs: DL Silver (0.239 MM), DL SkyClub Life, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by monitor
So let me get this straight. Since I am on a non BE domestic flight out of T4, with a SkyClub card I may or may not be able to access this club with that card and BP depending on the time of day, whim of the agent at the desk, direction of the wind, crowd already inside, etc. etc.

Has anyone else received that impression from this thread? Or am I reading it wrong?
I have never had a problem getting in with my SC (and, for that matter, my WC) card at various times and various days of the week.
Old Aug 15, 2010, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by monitor

The key is your SC card + BP for T4 flight. There should be no barriers to you getting in. IF they seem confused just tell them your SkyClub card = WorldClub and you should not have a problem.
Old Aug 16, 2010, 8:34 pm

Programs: DL, AS, Marriott, Hyatt, National
I have one international trip coming up through JFK and I have been meaning to check out this lounge. Has anyone had any issues accessing the T4 Oasis Lounge as a STE+ in Y with an international BP? Delta.com says I should have access.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 1:11 pm

I'll be flying JetBlue next month on an All You Can Jet Pass so will be in T5 however I have access to The Oasis according to Priority Pass. I'd like to check it out.

This lounge is before security? So if I have a connection, I'd have to exit to get to the lounge and then go through security again?

Is it easy to get from T5 to the terminal with the lounge? I'm not too familiar with JFK.

Thanks all!
Old Aug 24, 2010, 6:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Except for Delta's connection to T4 from Ts2&3, I do not know if there is another exception to the rule that if you are changing terminals at JFK you will need to exit security and usually take the air train (some inter-terminal changes are walkable).

The Oasis is in T4. Enter to the left then go upstairs to the level above the ticket counters and go toward the left on the walkway furthest from the counters (on the other side of the atrium).
Old Aug 25, 2010, 5:48 pm

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by bennyshoe
I'll be flying JetBlue next month on an All You Can Jet Pass so will be in T5 however I have access to The Oasis according to Priority Pass. I'd like to check it out.

This lounge is before security? So if I have a connection, I'd have to exit to get to the lounge and then go through security again?

Is it easy to get from T5 to the terminal with the lounge? I'm not too familiar with JFK.

Thanks all!
I also have a Priority Pass and usually fly United to/from JFK. Even though United's Red Carpet Club (T7) is also availalbe under Priority Pass, I always go to the Oasis lounge.

The lounge is BEFORE security (Landside), so you will need to go through T5 Security to catch your next flight. While the Airtrain between terminals is quick (about 3-5 minutes), I noticed that it is a long walk from T5 to the Airtrain terminal. IIRC, it is also a long walk between T4 and T5.

IMO, the Oasis is one of the best domestic lounges. They have real food, including sandwiches, hot meals, soup, salads, chips etc. They also have showers and a self serve bar.

When you check in, you will need a valid boarding pass. It doesn't have to be with a T4 airline, they just want to make sure you are flying that day. At first, I was curious why they wanted to see your boarding pass, since other Priority Pass lounges do not require a boarding pass. Then I realize, that since they have free food and drinks, that it would be worthwhile for JFK employees to obtain a Priority Pass just to have lunch/dinner and drinks.

If your connection is 1.5 hours or more, I would recommend going to the Oasis. You can get a drink or two and a fairly decent meal.
Old Sep 3, 2010, 6:58 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
The key is your SC card + BP for T4 flight. There should be no barriers to you getting in. IF they seem confused just tell them your SkyClub card = WorldClub and you should not have a problem.
I am a little confused here...next week I am flying JFK-PSA on Delta in BE (award ticket) as a gold medallion. I do not have a skyclub membership card, or any DL credit card.

Using just my Delta BE boarding pass, can I access the Oasis lounge?
Old Sep 3, 2010, 8:54 am

Programs: DL, AS, Marriott, Hyatt, National
Originally Posted by Winkdaddy
I am a little confused here...next week I am flying JFK-PSA on Delta in BE (award ticket) as a gold medallion. I do not have a skyclub membership card, or any DL credit card.

Using just my Delta BE boarding pass, can I access the Oasis lounge?
Your BE BP will allow you to access the Oasis Lounge:

http://www.delta.com/traveling_check...ions/index.jsp

Since the Oasis Lounge is landside (outside security), you will need to exit the secure area and go through the security checkpoint again if you're not originating at JFK and checking in for your flight at T4.
Old Sep 3, 2010, 3:22 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
In three weeks I will have a 3 hour layover at JFK on a BE ticket to IST. I do not belong to the SC but do have a Priority Club card and will have reached DM with the flights that get me to JFK.

I will be coming in on an E175 from MEM so will it be out of my way to change money (to Euros) at JFK or better to do at my MEM layover that morning?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.