Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Raleigh-Durham RDU Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Raleigh-Durham RDU Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2016, 4:17 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
I think I'm misunderstanding. If they just repurposed existing space, then the total square footage would be the same.
Old Dec 21, 2016, 4:20 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by pvn
I think I'm misunderstanding. If they just repurposed existing space, then the total square footage would be the same.
I don't know how else to explain this to you. They took existing space and EXPANDED IT. As in, they knocked down walls and built more club space. The rooms I've tried to draw your attention to DID NOT USED TO EXIST. I was giving reference points to what used to be there and what is now there.

- What was there: Small.
- What is there now: Big.

To get from small to big, there was a massive expansion of club space.
Old Dec 21, 2016, 5:48 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, silver, what yr is it?
Originally Posted by CMK10
The area behind the bar used to be a small business center. That area has been greatly expanded )
I think this is the confusion. They took the old business area AND a bunch of new space behind it to add the new sq footage. I can't remember what used to be there - airport storage or offices? Wasn't Delta club space and I don't think it was AA either....

Originally Posted by pvn
so the total square footage of the club is the same?
No. The extra seating area required a large expansion. What was formerly a small business center is now a much larger food service area and a new seating area.
Old Dec 21, 2016, 7:49 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA GE, CP ED
This!

- What was there: Small.
- What is there now: Big.

To get from small to big, there was a massive expansion of club space.
I frequent this SkyClub regularly and the changes are significant! Much more open and tons more seating.
Old Dec 21, 2016, 7:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Back to UA, missing DL; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Zorak
Those are some... enigmatic color choices for the chairs...
Surplus-ed from somewhere else, perhaps?
Old Dec 22, 2016, 12:20 am

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Plat-ist, Bonvoyyyyyyed, Hilton $15 Daily F&B Receiver, Food Lion MVP
Originally Posted by jsbh
This!

I frequent this SkyClub regularly and the changes are significant! Much more open and tons more seating.
Dragons and staff are still the same crusty old buggers though, as I'm often through RDU. Bartenders especially.
Old Dec 22, 2016, 8:10 pm

Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), AA(EXP) Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)
Originally Posted by ekozie
Dragons and staff are still the same crusty old buggers though, as I'm often through RDU. Bartenders especially.
Good. They're excellent (no idea about the bartenders, though, I don't drink).
Old Feb 21, 2017, 8:23 pm

What time is breakfast served?

Hello all,

I'll be flying Delta out of RDU in March and have access to the Sky Club via my AMEX Platinum Card. Never been in this lounge but looking forward do it.

Quick question: I believe their is a breakfast bar now? What time is that served? My flight is at 7am and was curious if I could count on a quick breafast around 6am?

Thanks in advance!
Old Feb 21, 2017, 9:04 pm

Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), AA(EXP) Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)
Originally Posted by avfreedman
Quick question: I believe their is a breakfast bar now? What time is that served? My flight is at 7am and was curious if I could count on a quick breafast around 6am?
Yes, you will. Bagels, hard boiled eggs, assorted pastries, oatmeal, fruit salad, a few yogurt flavors, and like that. They open around 5.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 9:11 pm

Originally Posted by fliesdelta
Yes, you will. Bagels, hard boiled eggs, assorted pastries, oatmeal, fruit salad, a few yogurt flavors, and like that. They open around 5.
Wonderful! Thank you for this info and quick response!
Old Feb 22, 2017, 8:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
I've flown out of both the DL and AA club in the last month, and the DL club is far and away nicer. Much better food selection and more variety in seating.

But for some reason, my T-Mobile phone really struggles picking up a signal unless I stay in the row of seats by the windows, or go over by the food. Not sure what it is about RDU, I also have trouble at the Starbucks before TSA and in the baggage claim area.
Old Aug 10, 2019, 11:07 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Probably old news for RDU regulars, but the new restrooms in the club are now open. They are all the way in the back, past the buffet and TV seating area.
mot29 and WillBarrett_68 like this.
Old Aug 10, 2019, 12:20 pm

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
Probably old news for RDU regulars, but the new restrooms in the club are now open. They are all the way in the back, past the buffet and TV seating area.
thanks for the heads up. I was there last Sat and the men’s room looked just the same. So there are a new set.
Old Aug 10, 2019, 6:12 pm

Nice! I was looking at this thread this morning before your update. What perfect timing!

I'll be there tomorrow, perhaps I'll make use of them then.
Old Aug 10, 2019, 6:30 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
There are two ADA restrooms and two regular restrooms and appear to be unisex for now (no gender signage was up). The area where the old restrooms were by the entrance is partitioned off. The sinks have IR soap, faucets, and hand dryers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.