Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Average prices for taxis in Havana

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2017, 2:06 pm
Original Poster

Average prices for taxis in Havana

I've seen this link on tripadvisor https://www.facebook.com/cubacab and I'm interested in some of that tours but I'm unable to determine by myself if the prices are fair. Have anyone been to Cuba before? What are the averages prices for taxis there? Thank you.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 7:46 am

Well, they're quoting 100 CUC Havana to Varadero and the comfortable, air conditioned Viazul or Connectando bus costs 10 CUC. I don't have 113 dollars to waste that way but YMMV.
They charge 180 CUC for Vinales day trip. Regular taxi was 130 CUC RT.

Also try taxivinales.com

Look at some of the other, more popular Cuba travel forums like Thorn Tree and TA (many of the same experienced posters) for route prices too. Lots of mentions of prices for specific routes.

Taxis are the biggest ripoff, IMO, for new/naive tourists in Cuba.

Have your casa owner arrange your transportation once you arrive. Easier and cheaper.

Last edited by VidaNaPraia; Jul 6, 2017 at 5:07 pm
Old Jul 7, 2017, 6:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
You can get private cabs for much cheaper, negotiate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.