Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Cuba
Reload this Page >

Just Bought Tickets to Cuba... Now What?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Just Bought Tickets to Cuba... Now What?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2016, 8:29 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Hyatt Platinum,Marriott Silver,Hilton Honors Gold
Originally Posted by Turaj
The fares and seats are loaded in on Delta and shock does not begin to describe my reaction to fares such as $1500. from ATL and $ 1300 from MIA...main cabin ...is this just flagrant gouging or what?
They appear not to have loaded any discount inventory OR first class inventory for any date. E.G. $1300 rt from MIA to HAV for a 41 minute flight. Sounds like there is a technical problem.
Old Sep 10, 2016, 8:42 am

Originally Posted by worldspan
Jet Blue is selling the visa @$50 at the counter and for in-transit passengers at Grand Cayman en route from Miami, Cayman Airways is selling it at $25. Sounds like the markup by outfits like Cuba Travel Services is out of sight!
No, it seems it's you who don't understand the system.
The visa/tourist card for US passport holders (and others) embarking from US airports is pink. The new Cuban Embassy in DC is selling them for U$70 + expensive shipping and a lot of paperwork. Cuba Travel Services and other resellers don't seem so out of line.
Everybody embarking from other airports buys a green visa/tourist card, which should be about (equivalent of) U$25.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.