Wiki Posts
Search

disney cruise,Feb 2011

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2009, 4:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA,United,Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
disney cruise,Feb 2011

I have never been on a cruise before and me,my wife and 4yr-old will be doing a disney cruise with some relatives in early 2011. Is there any insight/suggestions in getting upgrades,good deals. i have heard you can't beat costco on price, but also read that if you purchase through amex platinum they give automatic upgrades and shipboard credits.

Any suggestions from folks who have done one would be appreciated. Sorry if others have posted about this

thanks

Last edited by benjamino; Oct 2, 2009 at 3:04 pm
Old Sep 29, 2009, 9:32 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
Upgrades are rare (almost unheard-of) on Disney, as their ships usually sail full. Check the prices from various sources (Costco, AmEx PTS, etc.), calculate the value of the bennies you get from each, and choose accordingly.

And to come back to the upgrade issue, don't book any cabin you wouldn't be happy sailing in. Too many people book on the cheap, mentally telling themselves they'll get an amazing upgrade, and then don't enjoy their cruise when that unrealistic expectation is not met.
Old Sep 29, 2009, 9:34 pm

Programs: AA Gold, DL Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, Starwood Gold, too many cruise programs to list
One other place to check for Disney is AAA. For Disney, they have some great prices and they really know their stuff. Not always the case for other cruise lines, but they do Disney.
Old Sep 30, 2009, 2:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA,United,Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by BurBunny
One other place to check for Disney is AAA. For Disney, they have some great prices and they really know their stuff. Not always the case for other cruise lines, but they do Disney.
Thanks for the advice guys/gals. Didn't think of the AAA idea, so we ill look into it. I also agree, even though we hopefully won't spend too much time in the room, I would rather pay a little extra for a more spacious room

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.