Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Stackable RCCL offers &/or Strategy

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2015, 7:15 pm
Original Poster

Stackable RCCL offers &/or Strategy

I'm a CruiseCritic member and cannot find answers to this so thought I'd post here.

I'm interested in getting a $200 RCCL eGift card offered though participating in my health insurance's wellness plan. It doesn't have a lot of terms/conditions to it but I know it must be used on a new booking & cannot be used for OBC. T&C do not mention anything about not able to combine it with anything. My biggest question is whether or not I can use it for any of their sales events, including their Tuesday sales & BOGO. I would think it would be treated as cash, but hoping someone with experience would know. The card does not expire, but if I can't use it towards a great deal then I probably shouldn't get it.

I was also wondering if it is combinable with MyVegas Rewards. For many people (especially on the CC website) this is a sore subject. I do understand how the % off works if one were to take that route. Some of the OBC prizes state for New Bookings only (same as the eGift card!). OBC ranges from $100-300 depending on length of cruise and if it qualifies on their list of itineraries (Any of those would work for me!).

I am also a RCCL shareholder so could potentially get credit for that. I know that's not combinable with MyVegas or on most of their sales, but wondering if I'd still get that if I used an eGift card. (I feel I should, but......)

Verizon Wireless has a rewards program and one can get a $100 certificate for $90. Again, this is for new bookings only. This brings up more questions! Do purchases go through Verizon so use a Chase Ink card to get the 5x bonus? Also, can these be stacked with an eGift card that I mentioned?

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Even if you can't answer my specific questions but have experience (even with a difference cruise line), please share.
Old Nov 12, 2015, 7:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Most RCCL stuff is not combinable, but I can't say anything about the gift cards.

The shareholder credit in particular is usually not combinable with any other discounts.
Old Nov 15, 2015, 8:22 am

Programs: AA GLD (1MM), DL GLD, Marriott Plat, RCL D+, X Elite
Shareholder benefit is not combinable with most anything else. However, I'm thinking a gift card towards the purchase of a cruise should work. If you have a travel agent, have them contact RCL on your behalf and ask. If not, it wouldn't hurt to give them a call....but I'm leaning towards you being able to use it and get either your shareholder credit OR your Crown & Anchor discount if applicable.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.