http://wtvr.com/2015/03/11/cameron-s...l-cruise-ship/
Old Mar 13, 2015, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton Gold, DL DIrt Medallion
"falls". Right.

via Imgflip Meme Maker
Old Mar 13, 2015, 3:13 pm

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
People do not spontaneously fall off ships. I guarantee alcohol was involved.
Old Mar 13, 2015, 7:39 pm

On cruisecritic there was some discussion that he was seen on video puking his guts out from being drunk, leaning over the rail. No idea if that was really true or not, but even then, it'd be pretty tough to fall over the rails unless you something like 7 feet tall so that you could lean far enough over. That's about the only way I could see one "accidentally" fall over from leaning over a rail without standing on something to make i easier to overbalance.

Course, on cruisecritic those threads devolve into everyone that's expressing sympathy for the kid chewing out anyone that at all says anything that might be bad about the kid, because god forbid the family might read it, and regardless of whether someone was stupid or not nobody should ever say something bad about them. So they rapidly lose any value as an information source.
Old Mar 14, 2015, 8:40 am

Originally Posted by piper28
On cruisecritic there was some discussion that he was seen on video puking his guts out from being drunk, leaning over the rail. No idea if that was really true or not, but even then, it'd be pretty tough to fall over the rails unless you something like 7 feet tall so that you could lean far enough over. That's about the only way I could see one "accidentally" fall over from leaning over a rail without standing on something to make i easier to overbalance.

Course, on cruisecritic those threads devolve into everyone that's expressing sympathy for the kid chewing out anyone that at all says anything that might be bad about the kid, because god forbid the family might read it, and regardless of whether someone was stupid or not nobody should ever say something bad about them. So they rapidly lose any value as an information source.

Not much different then a bunch of the threads on FT
Old Mar 14, 2015, 9:12 pm

Originally Posted by cruisr
Not much different then a bunch of the threads on FT
Or probably the rest of the internet in general .
Old Mar 14, 2015, 10:04 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, B6, CX, KE, Latitude, VIFP, Crown & Anchor, etc.
It's another sad loss of life, regardless of how he fell off the ship - it wasn't noticed and reported until the morning - hours after the ship left the vicinity sailing typically 18 knots or more. With few exceptions, most hit the water at such height & velocity that they likely don't even survive the fall from 10 stories high and go under - most never recovered & become part of the ocean. Odds are against the individual even if a life vest was worn. R.I.P. and their friends & families will have few choices but to mourn and move onward. Aside from the few suicidal jumpers, the rest are virtually all in the younger age cohort - cruise lines promoting unlimited drinking package are not part of the solution but contributing to these substance abuse cases.

Other cruise ships in the immediate area, upon notice, were diverted to assist in the SAR efforts but too late - OTOH, hundreds if not thousands died daily from car accidents, including DWI/DUI's.

Here on FT - we have Omni where some of the hotly debated off-topic issues hijacked are sometimes relocated for somewhat "productive" debate - over on CC, at mod's absolute discretion - it's DELETED and not just locked or closed for further discussion, etc. Such review & decision by the various MOD team are absolute & final.
God forbid if you step on the tails of some of the cheerleaders & fan club's founding member with self-proclaimed universal knowledge on 1001 FAQ's - things from bed bugs, norovirus, runners (not the road type,) bottled water, lobster (a very passionate subject on some subforums,) tipping & service charges, etc. Fortunately, users can use the "Ignore List" to skip seeing threads, posts & responses, etc. much like here.
Old Mar 16, 2015, 7:12 am

[/QUOTE]Here on FT - we have Omni where some of the hotly debated off-topic issues hijacked are sometimes relocated for somewhat "productive" debate - over on CC, at mod's absolute discretion - it's DELETED and not just locked or closed for further discussion, etc. Such review & decision by the various MOD team are absolute & final.
God forbid if you step on the tails of some of the cheerleaders & fan club's founding member with self-proclaimed universal knowledge on 1001 FAQ's - things from bed bugs, norovirus, runners (not the road type,) bottled water, lobster (a very passionate subject on some subforums,) tipping & service charges, etc. Fortunately, users can use the "Ignore List" to skip seeing threads, posts & responses, etc. much like here.[/QUOTE]

Boy do you have that right. I should use the ignore button. There are some threads where a few posters think they know everything about the cruise line and make sure all readers think so, too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.