Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No Return

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2014, 9:26 pm
Original Poster

No Return

If say taking a cruise ship from Singapore to the UK would they allow that as your destination and not have the return flight back to Singapore or any other port you sailed from. Basically I mean a one way cruise

Last edited by kiwitrains; Sep 27, 2014 at 9:29 pm Reason: addition
Old Sep 28, 2014, 1:52 am

A lot of cruises are one-way, so I'm not exactly sure what the fuss is all about
Old Sep 28, 2014, 3:12 am

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Originally Posted by kiwitrains
If say taking a cruise ship from Singapore to the UK would they allow that as your destination and not have the return flight back to Singapore or any other port you sailed from.
Are you concerned whether you can enter UK upon the end of the one-way cruise? Would UK deny entry of its own citizens?

we are NZ citizens living in Australia on the special category visa we are also UK citizens which we went to NZ with a few years ago. We are moving back to Europe I cannot use our UK passports to leave Australia because there is no visa in them but want to enter Europe (UK) on UK passports...
Old Sep 28, 2014, 3:15 am
Original Poster

No that has nothing to do with it two separate trips, most cruises include airfares back to the original departure point question is do they allow the cruise without the return fare, spoke to one company who said no.
Old Sep 28, 2014, 4:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

most cruises include airfares back to the original departure point
"most cruises" operated by some european companies perhaps

and even with those companies there is difference between week cruise and month(s) cruise
Old Sep 28, 2014, 4:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

We've done it on a Med cruise itinerary.

It's called "downlining".

Contact the cruise line for their procedures/forms.

BTW you don't get a refund for the unused portion of your prepaid fare + taxes.
Old Sep 28, 2014, 8:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

No that has nothing to do with it two separate trips, most cruises include airfares back to the original departure point question is do they allow the cruise without the return fare, spoke to one company who said no.
I'm seeing lots of Singapore-UK cruises offered at www.vacationstogo.com that do not appear to include airfare in the prices quoted. What cruise line(s) are you looking at, and have you tried pricing the cruise through a travel agency rather than through the cruise line itself?
Old Sep 28, 2014, 1:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by guv1976
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

I'm seeing lots of Singapore-UK cruises offered at www.vacationstogo.com that do not appear to include airfare in the prices quoted. What cruise line(s) are you looking at, and have you tried pricing the cruise through a travel agency rather than through the cruise line itself?
No I hadn't but will now thank you to you all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.