Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Caribbean cruise Nov 16th-23rd

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2014, 8:41 am
Original Poster

Caribbean cruise Nov 16th-23rd

I'm going on a Cruise from Nov 16th-Nov 23rd on NCL Epic from Miami, 7 days/nights with a group of female-male friends I met last time (ages 23-44).....girls mostly in their 20s,early 30s..guys late 20s-40. Destinations are Jamaica,Grand Cayman Island, and Cozumel Mx. This ship has single person cabins so u can have your own private cabin...great huh? It has Blue Man group, legends in concert and other shows, water slides, hot tubs, clubs, sports bar, pretty much everything! Anyways, I thought this would be a great way to meet a female that loves traveling and can meet up. Meet as friends on the ship.This isn't a dating thing unless we both like each other (obviously), but I'm not looking for that, just a friend that loves to travel. We usually start the day meeting up around the pool area, hang out, do some activities, lay out on sea days, then get ready for dinner, all eat dinner together, hit a show or 2, then hit the club and whatever else is going on the ship. Sometimes we hit the hot tub at 1-2am..lol. It depends on what you want to do and if you're tired. Some go to bed at 12am, some at 4am..also depends if its a port day, then usually I go to bed by 12-1am (need my 6hrs sleep), lol. Anyways, it's your vacation and do what you want and hang with who you want. Contact me and lets talk and maybe we can travel to other places. Any questions? ask smile Fun Fun
Old Sep 29, 2014, 11:14 pm

I would love to roam the Caribbean sea and I wish I can join too. The activities inside the cruise will surely make us forget our problems and the things that stresses us. How much would it cost for the whole cruise travel. Meeting new people and making friends with some of them is a great way to learn new things and learn new cultures. As an Asian, I'm interested in meeting western people and hear their travel stories. I actually want to find a group with international members who travels a lot and explores the world in group. I can also travel alone and meet new people along the way. Whatever it will be, I'm cool and love to enjoy beautiful sceneries!
Old Sep 30, 2014, 11:07 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by krawin
I would love to roam the Caribbean sea and I wish I can join too. The activities inside the cruise will surely make us forget our problems and the things that stresses us. How much would it cost for the whole cruise travel. Meeting new people and making friends with some of them is a great way to learn new things and learn new cultures. As an Asian, I'm interested in meeting western people and hear their travel stories. I actually want to find a group with international members who travels a lot and explores the world in group. I can also travel alone and meet new people along the way. Whatever it will be, I'm cool and love to enjoy beautiful sceneries!
Studio cabins( for people traveling single) are only $359+ taxes and port charges. That's a great deal for a 7 night cruise. The studio cabins have a extra lounge that you can meet people that are also single cruisers. We all meet there every day at 530 and go to dinner. People from across the country and the world book these cabins cause they are single-solo travelers. Even if you're not staying in the studios, if your a single person, you can still meet people around 530 and all go to dinner, shows and meet new friends/travelers
Old Sep 30, 2014, 4:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Doesn't 530 mean first seating for dinner? I wouldn't expect freestyle dining at this price.

Last edited by MSPeconomist; Oct 1, 2014 at 12:01 pm Reason: typo
Old Sep 30, 2014, 5:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Earned status with AA, DL, SPG, HH, Hyatt, Marriott, Seabourn, NCL, National, Hertz...I miss my bed!
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Doesn't 530 meat first seating for dinner? I wouldn't expect freestyle dining at this price.
NCL is all freestyle.

If you are a guest in the Studios OR if you are a solo traveler, they host a nightly get together in the Studio Lounge at 5:30 pm as an opportunity for individuals to meet each other and so that singles/solos can find dining companions for dinner.

When I was on Getaway in March, our solos host found out on the first night which individuals were interested in group dining (and at what restaurants/which nights). She had a table already reserved for the first night at 7:30 pm for anyone who wanted to go. After that, there were a couple of nights where she posted a sign up sheet for a table at a specialty restaurant (reservation had already been made for solos) but most folks met people the first night and sorted out their plans for the week that way - or would just head to a dining room after the gathering each night.

I didn't end up eating with the group any of the nights (I was solo in my Studio cabin but cruising with friends elsewhere on the ship) but I went to the nightly drinks a couple of times and also had breakfast/lunch with folks from there a couple of times too. It's really a great concept for solo cruisers or folks who may be single but still traveling with others.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 10:49 am
Original Poster

Exactly techgirl!! you're pretty much spot on 100% Are you interested in going? I know a couple others that say they are booking or have booked
Old Oct 1, 2014, 10:58 am
Original Poster

Epic is a good size ship with many things to do. There are chances in the first 2-3 days where you might not see each other during the day cause of the activities going on. So meeting in the Studio Lounge from 5-545pm gives everyone a chance to meet up, have a drink or 2 at the bar in the studio lounge and go to dinner. Even if you pass up dinner, you can meet up with friends you just met and plan on meeting up after dinner. This is great in the beginning cause it's better than giving someone you don't know your room #. Still after a few days, we all mostly do cause it's easier to contact incase you change plans. The ship has everything from Bowling allys, waterslides to Blueman group and mystery lunch. Also O'sheehans is a free food extra with sports bar type food and pool tables, ice hockey, dart boards,,,etc
Old Oct 1, 2014, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Earned status with AA, DL, SPG, HH, Hyatt, Marriott, Seabourn, NCL, National, Hertz...I miss my bed!
Originally Posted by scottsvb
Exactly techgirl!! you're pretty much spot on 100% Are you interested in going? I know a couple others that say they are booking or have booked
I will actually be on Seabourn Odyssey (Singapore to Bali) at that same time... with another single FT gal. So I guess lots of singles are cruising that week.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 10:58 pm
Original Poster

you already booked it?
Old Oct 2, 2014, 10:06 am

singlescruise.com

Have you checked out www.singlescruise.com?

Sounds like your community. Its all solo travelers on their group sailings. You can book a cabin for yourself or they will room mate you.

They offer tons of activities onboard--cocktail parties, group dining, exercises, etc.

Call them to find out the mix of female/male on a cruise but its usually 50-50.
Old Oct 3, 2014, 12:45 pm
Original Poster

my community? What's wrong with this site? Anyways, I know of that though. It's not my community type cause they book you up with people that are not who you care for and that will ruin your vacation. Also if you go single, it's more expensive cause they are single cruises with activities that increase the prices. While here, I'm enjoying my own cabin with other friends I met across the world last time and just seeing if anyone else who loves cruising is interested in meeting some new friends.
Old Oct 3, 2014, 4:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by scottsvb
you already booked it?
Yep... made final payments in August and have already lined up all the pre/post/shore stuff. Will make for some great things to blog about.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 12:42 pm
Original Poster

Anyone else going? Prices are cheap for a 7 night cruise at $359 for studio's. We are mostly in our mid 20s-30s. Great way to meet new friends!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.