Wiki Posts
Search

Cheaper to book longer cruise in 2 segments

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2013, 12:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA 1mil SPG Gold and a variety of others
Cheaper to book longer cruise in 2 segments

I am sorry if this is in the wrong area. I looked around for a "cruise" folder/sub-forum and didn't see it.

We are taking a 23 night cruise next year.

I discovered that if I booked it as 2 different cruises (the 14 night transatlantic & 9 night Baltic Capitals) it priced quite a bit cheaper than the combined trip.

This was mainly because we have 4 passengers in the cabin.

We just made sure we could get the same cabin for both cruises but won't necessarily mind if we get upgraded on either portion.

So, the point is, if you are taking a longer cruise price it out both ways.
Old Mar 9, 2013, 12:44 pm

Programs: A+ Elite
You may want to post this in Travel & Dining/Cruises. Maybe the MODS can move it over.
Old Mar 9, 2013, 12:53 pm
Original Poster

Thanks. I'll try to go find that forum.
Old Mar 9, 2013, 2:51 pm

Programs: All, but no status!
Good to know; thanks for sharing.

You didn't mention which cruise line you're on, but Carnival Corporatio and Royal Caribbean Corporation offer an onboard credit for passengers who own 100 shares of stock. By booking two separate cruises, you could qualify for both ($250 for the TATL one, and $100 for the other, for example).

Here's a page for the carnival one:

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/External...F8VHlwZT0z&t=1

Technically it went through the end of last month, but I expect that in reality it's renewed. This has been a long-standing benefit.
Old Mar 9, 2013, 6:25 pm

Originally Posted by pawtim
Technically it went through the end of last month, but I expect that in reality it's renewed. This has been a long-standing benefit.
It has indeed been renewed as of the earnings report just last week or so.
Old Mar 9, 2013, 7:19 pm
Original Poster

I do own 100 shares of Royal Caribbean and Carnival for expressly that reason. But, this cruise is on Norwegian cruise lines. They did go public recently but as of yet, have not offered any incentive for owning shares. I am hoping that will change soon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.