Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

How good is the Travelocity credit card? [Originally Mastercard, now Amex]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How good is the Travelocity credit card? [Originally Mastercard, now Amex]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2016, 4:57 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by AUDirt
FYI, this is what customer service just sent me:

Dear AUDirt :

Thank you for contacting us regarding your Travelocity Rewards American Express Card. We can certainly address your inquiries regarding the changes on your account.

Please be informed that Travelocity and Barclaycard are ending their partner program. We are issuing you a Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard to replace your existing Travelocity Rewards American Express Card. Your account will automatically be converted to this new Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard.

Please know that you will continue to earn and redeem Travelocity Rewards points through April 27, 2016. Any unused Travelocity Rewards points will be automatically converted one for one to Barclaycard Arrival miles on April 28, 2016.

When your Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard arrives, simply provide your new card information to any merchants that regularly bill your account. These could include memberships, Internet services, insurance, utilities and more. Also, update any online merchant accounts or digital wallets that maintain your credit card information for expedited check-out.

In May 2016, you will automatically receive your new credit card as well as information outlining your new benefits as long as your account is open, active and in good standing as of April 26, 2016. We hope you find this information helpful.

We thank you for entrusting BarclaycardUS with your most important credit card needs. We are honored to serve you. If you have any other questions or concerns, please reply to this message.

Sincerely,

Customer Care
Thank you for posting that. I have not received anything by snail mail or email.
Old Jan 22, 2016, 8:21 pm

One more thumbs up for secure message resulting in a one day turnaround for redeeming points. Pretty painless.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 2:04 pm

I need to blow about $800 in rewards before April.

What on Travelocity is NOT redeemable? I'd like to book a Disney hotel.... will my rewards work for that?

Thanks!
Old Feb 3, 2016, 9:26 am
g50

Programs: DL DM 2MM, AA LTP, Hyatt Globalist, FB Plat
Yes they will.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 11:25 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG & IHG Plat, & every airline program that I can join
So far the redeeming strategy is working, Any way around the clawback of points from the purchase being clawed back on the refund?

JudyJFLA
Old Mar 11, 2016, 7:29 am

I have been using up the points and now see in the fine print online that points for travel can be redeemed for Travelocity fights or Air and Hotel Packages...... I think they are on to the hotel game. It was good while it lasted, I loved this card.
With this and the BB Shutdowns there is no joy left in my life.....

Cheers!
JudyJFLA
Old Mar 11, 2016, 8:51 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by JudyJFLA
I have been using up the points and now see in the fine print online that points for travel can be redeemed for Travelocity fights or Air and Hotel Packages...... I think they are on to the hotel game. It was good while it lasted, I loved this card.
With this and the BB Shutdowns there is no joy left in my life.....

Cheers!
JudyJFLA
You should be able to book a series of refundable tickets around $400 each, they are valid a year, and after the card is long canceled, just refund the air tickets direct with Travelocity for cash refund (or try to refund through the airline directly).
Old Mar 26, 2016, 2:25 pm

A big thanks to all of you in the knowledge gained to cash out my points before they devalue with the demise of my favorite card. I was able to book, redeem and cancel my way to over $8000 in value from my points. Just so it did not look too sneaky, I bought Amex Gift cards at the same time so I did not have a huge credit balance.
Now I will have 3 of the new accounts, so hopefully they can combine them all into one account. It was great while that 4% lasted!

Cheers!
JudyJFLA
Old Mar 26, 2016, 6:46 pm

A big thanks to all of you in the knowledge gained to cash out my points before they devalue with the demise of my favorite card. I was able to book, redeem and cancel my way to over $8000 in value from my points. Just so it did not look too sneaky, I bought Amex Gift cards at the same time so I did not have a huge credit balance.
Now I will have 3 of the new accounts, so hopefully they can combine them all into one account. It was great while that 4% lasted!

Cheers!
JudyJFLA
Same, Judy, for my last little chunk.

What a wonderful card it was. At this point it'll probably be a little more aggressive with some of the signup bonuses on cards again plus higher spend threshold cards like British Airways that at least can be marginally similar.

For example, $10K to $20K spend threshholds on BA card nets an extra $25K points. That's basically 3.5 BA points per $1, legitimately usable for more than 4c per $. I wouldn't have taken those BA cards through those paces, now I probably will. Just time to find a new horse to ride .
Old Mar 26, 2016, 8:00 pm

Programs: AA (Exec Plat), ANA (Plat), Club Carlson (Gld), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Plat), SPG (Gld)
I just received another postcard from BarclayCard to let me know that the transition is quickly approaching and what to expect. What I can't figure out though is the post card says, "Now, go further than before. Travel anywhere. Arrive 2X faster."

What I can't figure out is how I am arriving 2X faster seeing as the points are now worth 1 cent per point instead of up to 2 cents per point. So is Barclays doubling the value of the points and they haven't communicated it anywhere or is the card going to earn 2 miles per dollar rather than the 1 mile per dollar they reference in the literature? Otherwise, the postcard should say "Now, go further than before. Travel anywhere. Arrive 1/2 as fast." since the points are worth 50% of what they previously were worth.
Old Mar 26, 2016, 8:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by ethanwa
I need to blow about $800 in rewards before April.

What on Travelocity is NOT redeemable? I'd like to book a Disney hotel.... will my rewards work for that?

Thanks!
Why before April? You have until the end of April to finish the conversion.
Old Apr 10, 2016, 3:19 pm

Programs: UA MP, Delta Sky Miles, AA Advantage
I am gonna miss this card badly. I had the one which gave me 5 points for a dollar spent on travelocity. Effectively it was 10% off any flight ticket.

Is there any other card that comes close to it?
Old Apr 14, 2016, 12:08 am

Programs: UA, AA
I have been using up the points and now see in the fine print online that points for travel can be redeemed for Travelocity fights or Air and Hotel Packages...... I think they are on to the hotel game.
Hi. Where did you see this fine print?
Old Apr 14, 2016, 6:51 pm

Originally Posted by nydad
Hi. Where did you see this fine print?
Don't be concerned; I used my last points in this manner on a regular hotel booking just a few weeks ago.
Old Apr 14, 2016, 8:59 pm

Programs: UA, AA
Originally Posted by skagen
Don't be concerned; I used my last points in this manner on a regular hotel booking just a few weeks ago.
Oh good. Thanks! In your case, was it a domestic hotel reservation? I just made an international hotel reservation, and the charge is coming from "Travel Reservation US." I hope it changes automatically to Travelocity.com.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.