Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MasterCard World Elite - Ameriprise

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2012, 7:55 pm

Programs: UA~AA~HH~Hyatt~WN
$50 Airline Credit

We charged $20 on drinks on a Southwest flight in March and have not seen the credit. We called a few months ago and we were told it could take 2 months. I called today and the first agent I spoke with told me there were only 11 airlines that were eligible and SW wasn't one of them. Yeah, right. I called back and was told that all airlines were eligible, but that I had to spend the entire $50 in order to see my credit. From their Terms & Conditions: Credits up to the full eligible amount will be applied to the card statement after qualifying charges are made.

"Up to" to me means I should have seen a credit by now! We have not charged anything more on a flight, since we didn't see the $20 credit yet so were waiting....

Anyone have experience with charging LESS THAN $50 and seeing their credit??
Old Oct 1, 2012, 12:20 am

Originally Posted by northsider
We charged $20 on drinks on a Southwest flight in March and have not seen the credit. We called a few months ago and we were told it could take 2 months. I called today and the first agent I spoke with told me there were only 11 airlines that were eligible and SW wasn't one of them. Yeah, right. I called back and was told that all airlines were eligible, but that I had to spend the entire $50 in order to see my credit. From their Terms & Conditions: Credits up to the full eligible amount will be applied to the card statement after qualifying charges are made.

"Up to" to me means I should have seen a credit by now! We have not charged anything more on a flight, since we didn't see the $20 credit yet so were waiting....

Anyone have experience with charging LESS THAN $50 and seeing their credit??
I charged $33 on a British Airways flight earlier this year, to pay for an extra bag on a flight in South Africa. I received the statement credit about 2 months later.
Old Oct 1, 2012, 10:14 pm

Programs: UA~AA~HH~Hyatt~WN
Originally Posted by mocarey
I charged $33 on a British Airways flight earlier this year, to pay for an extra bag on a flight in South Africa. I received the statement credit about 2 months later.
Thank you for the reply!
Old Apr 5, 2013, 5:14 am

Programs: AA EXP, TK Elite, HH Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold
Amazing benefit..

Originally Posted by meballard
No, the only thing Select means is that we cannot access the United Clubs.

Beyond that, all privileges are determined by the agreement between us (the cardholder), Ameriprise, and their agreement with Priority Pass.

Our cards are actually something Priority Pass doesn't offer, in that somehow Ameriprise covers guests in addition to the card holder.
I agree...it is an amazing benefit that I have used many times. I have used the card with my family and co-workers many times. It is a very good deal at $150 per year. I am not happy that this benefit it going away..which I expected it to happen sooner than this. It is too good to be true !!!

F.A.
Old May 3, 2013, 10:53 am

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by ANC RED-EYE
So, now that they have provided renewed Priority Pass Memberships good through 2015, what happens if one cancels the card? Is the extended priority pass still valid?

I suppose that really with the effective annual fee of $100 (factoring in the $50 airfare credit), that the risk of losing Priority pass is probably not worth the benefit.

The other consideration is that Ameriprise may well actively seek perks to replace this one during the next couple of years, knowing that they will likely lose a lot of customers if they do not replace it with something similarly valuable.
Has anyone cancelled their Ameriprise account and are still able to use their Priority Pass membership (with the 2015 expiration date)? My Ameriprise renewal date is June 15, and am planning to discontinue the card. My assumption is that they are completely separate, but I would like to confirm this before cancelling (not renewing).
Old May 4, 2013, 9:48 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, Rapid Rewards
I certainly would assume that your PP card would not be valid an additional 2.5 years after you cancelled your credit card.

They may not shut it down immediately, but I would expect it to happen, though I can't claim any personal experience with this as I destroyed my PP card when I cancelled my Ameriprise card, as it just seemed like the prudent thing to do.
Old May 6, 2013, 8:33 am

Programs: UA MM, AA PPro
Originally Posted by CMHFlyerOH
I certainly would assume that your PP card would not be valid an additional 2.5 years after you cancelled your credit card.

They may not shut it down immediately, but I would expect it to happen, though I can't claim any personal experience with this as I destroyed my PP card when I cancelled my Ameriprise card, as it just seemed like the prudent thing to do.
IME not every lounge scans PP cards; sometimes they just seem to take an imprint or write down the number.
Old Apr 12, 2014, 7:24 pm

Any word ?

Has Ameriprise indicated if they will replace the amazing Priority Pass
program with something equivalent beyond 2015 ? I am really hooked
on to the card and would really like it to continue :-)

F.A.
Old Jul 7, 2014, 11:41 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Priority Pass
Originally Posted by flyalways
Has Ameriprise indicated if they will replace the amazing Priority Pass
program with something equivalent beyond 2015 ? I am really hooked
on to the card and would really like it to continue :-)

F.A.
I was coming back to the thread seeking the same information. I guess there is an entire year of validity still, but I'm still somewhat hopeful something will happen before the end of June to replace this valuable benefit...
Old Oct 30, 2014, 10:03 pm

As Ameriprise comes to an end, we are looking at the US consumer Diners Club that was just relaunched. (We actually used to have Diners Club, but then dropped it to switch to Ameriprise.)

https://www.dinersclubus.com/home/consumer-cards

I am still wondering if I am reading it correctly, but from what I see:
* The basic Premier card has access to Diners Club lounges
* The lounges listed look to be exactly the same as Priority Pass Select (back when we had Diners Club previously, it seemed like they had a much shorter list)
* Annual fee is $95 and $35 for an additional card
* The card has Chip & PIN and Paypass

Is anyone else considering this as a replacement?
Old Oct 31, 2014, 5:25 am

Survey..

Originally Posted by ANC RED-EYE
I was coming back to the thread seeking the same information. I guess there is an entire year of validity still, but I'm still somewhat hopeful something will happen before the end of June to replace this valuable benefit...
I recently received a survey from them which asked me WHY I am using
their card and in every screen i picked the Lounge Benefit. I recommend
we all do this survey and say so. On the last screen there was a
comment box where I wrote the same this again...

Maybe they will extend the program. It is one of the best and most used
benefit by me :-)

F.A.
Old Oct 31, 2014, 5:29 am

Fees ...

Originally Posted by wcj1
As Ameriprise comes to an end, we are looking at the US consumer Diners Club that was just relaunched. (We actually used to have Diners Club, but then dropped it to switch to Ameriprise.)

https://www.dinersclubus.com/home/consumer-cards

I am still wondering if I am reading it correctly, but from what I see:
* The basic Premier card has access to Diners Club lounges
* The lounges listed look to be exactly the same as Priority Pass Select (back when we had Diners Club previously, it seemed like they had a much shorter list)
* Annual fee is $95 and $35 for an additional card
* The card has Chip & PIN and Paypass

Is anyone else considering this as a replacement?
It says that the lounge may have a fee. Have you talked to them
about the benefit ? How many people/guests ? What are the entrance
fees ?

Please share the information...Thanks in advance.

F.A.
Old Oct 31, 2014, 9:02 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by wcj1
* The lounges listed look to be exactly the same as Priority Pass Select
There is extensive overlap, but the networks are not identical.

Priority Pass Select has lounges at 18 domestic airports: Anchorage, Atlanta, Baltimore, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Honolulu, Houston, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Miami, Newark, New York (JFK), New York (LGA), Orlando (SFB), Phoenix, San Jose, Seattle, Washington (IAD)..

Diners has lounges at 15 domestic airports: Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Honolulu, Houston, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Miami, Newark, New York (JFK), Orlando, Phoenix, San Jose, Washington (IAD).

Originally Posted by flyalways
It says that the lounge may have a fee
Diners Club is a franchise system. Cards issued in some countries (e.g. UK) require the cardholder to pay for each visit. In other countries (e.g. USA) the cardholders visit is normally free, and guests are $27 each. There are a few lounges where a fee also applies to the cardholder's visit, but these are exceptions. Bear in mind that the lounge attendant will not know if, or how much, you may be charged if using Airport Angel, Diners Club, or Priority Pass for admission to any lounge.

Discussion in the Diners Club forum:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/diner...iscussion.html

Last edited by mia; Oct 31, 2014 at 11:32 am Reason: Add Priority Pass lounges SFB PHX SJC SEA IAD.
Old Oct 31, 2014, 10:36 am

Originally Posted by mia
There is extensive overlap, but the networks are not identical.
Priority Pass does have Orlando (Royal Palm at Sanford), Phoenix (The Club), and San Jose (The Club). I'm not logging in with my Select number since I do not have my card on me at the moment, but I'm just looking for the Select notation on each lounge description for the ones that are not included.

Are there other locations I am overlooking? I am trying to see if the Diners Club lounge offering is different from what was available through Ameriprise and I am not seeing a difference yet.
Old Oct 31, 2014, 11:47 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Sorry, and thank you. I was interrupted while building the Priority Pass list, and didn't return to scroll past New York. I have updated my post. As far as I know, the only lounges excluded by Select are the United Clubs. I believe the domestic difference is that Priority Pass includes access to the three Alaska Airlines Boardrooms, but Diners does not.

There must a number of other differences. The Priority Pass network is 700 lounges, the United Club exclusion reduces the Select network by about 45. Diners claims only 500.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.