Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Bank of America Merrill Lynch Accolades Amex Card [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bank of America Merrill Lynch Accolades Amex Card [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2011, 3:45 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by achilles1
Does anyone know if it really has anything to do with AMEX.
Welcome to Flyertalk. This is an Amex-network card. American Express's processes the charges in exactly the same way as MasterCard or VISA does for other cards, but American Express does not issue or administer the account. Customer service is provided by Bank of America.

The interest rate is irrelevant if you pay the account in full each and every month. If you are not doing this you need to choose another card with the lowest APR that you can find - typically this would be from a credit union rather than a commercial bank,

If you misplaced the Priority Pass invitation it is a trivial matter for Bank of America to replace it.
Old Aug 15, 2011, 9:27 pm

Eligibility

Could one qualify if their account was linked to someone who qualified for this card? E.g.: an adult dependent of someone that qualified
Old Nov 12, 2011, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by circuitbreaker
Could one qualify if their account was linked to someone who qualified for this card? E.g.: an adult dependent of someone that qualified
They could become an authorized user...
And, welcome to FT.
Old Mar 14, 2013, 12:31 am

Apparently this card is not being offered anymore according to my FA.
Old May 2, 2013, 11:24 am

Programs: Bonvoy Gold, United Silver
ML Amex/Lounges

All,

Quick question for the board--I'm currently a Merrill Lynch Accolades card holder, though I never use it (I only keep it for the Priority Pass Select that comes with it, though I hear that it's Lounge Club now).

I'm recently married--if I added my wife as an authorized card holder (and got her a card with her name on it), does she get her own Priority Pass/Lounge Club membership as well? Or is there only one for the account?

No one at the call center seems to have any idea.

Thanks,
Old May 2, 2013, 11:37 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

fflier_9999's question has been appended to the established thread discussing this card which is, apparently, no longer offered.

Be aware that the Lounge Club network is considerably smaller than the Priority Pass network:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...club-card.html
Old Jan 5, 2015, 7:09 pm

Programs: UA Gold, United Presidential Card, Amex Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
Merrill Amex Accolades card

I've had this card for several years now. I get it free from Bank of America/Merrill since I have an investment account that has over $250K in assets. I don't use the card for charges. The only reason I have the card is because it gives me a Lounge Club card, good for 10 passes per 12 months; and $27 per lounge visit after that.
I just called Merrill Accolades. Evidently my Amex Accolades card is still good (I don't know if they are issuing new ones). They evidently still offer the Lounge Club card, but now you have to ask them to send it to you. This is a bit bogus -- I can see myself expecting to use the Lounge Club card and then being surprised by being rejected. Once you get the new card, then you have to remember to call to request a new one every 12 months. If you forget, your Lounge Club membership expires 12 months after you receive your new card.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 3:41 pm

I did receive a letter about this change 6+ months ago. Another hidden benefit is that you can use the US Airways Charlotte club which is not a PP club and it doesn't count towrds your 10 visits. You need to show your accolades card and not your PP card.
Old Aug 28, 2016, 2:26 pm

I just received notice my Accolades AMEX is converting to the Visa. The only reasons I had the card was for the Lounge Club membership and for AMEX Small Business Saturday. I no longer see Lounge Club as a benefit and AMEX is not giving cash for Small Bus Sat anymore plus the card is now a Visa.

This card is now officially useless to me.

Latest benefit flyer:
https://rewards.ml.com/RWDapp/ns/home?mc=ml
Old Aug 28, 2016, 2:30 pm

Wow, it's converting from Accolades Amex to Merrill+ Visa and not the Octave Amex?

That's now what I expected to see happen.
Old Sep 20, 2016, 6:16 pm

Originally Posted by GrnLantern
Wow, it's converting from Accolades Amex to Merrill+ Visa and not the Octave Amex?

That's now what I expected to see happen.
Octave is for clients with $10+M with Merrill. while I would like to be in that group I am not.

On a side note. If you renew your lounge club membership before conversion, they will honor the full year membership.
Old Nov 14, 2016, 2:50 pm
bbd

Merrill Accolades American Express to be closed

Just got a letter they are no longer going to have this card. And to transfer or use my reward points by June 15th, 2017. The card will no longer work after March 1st, according to the letter.
Old Nov 14, 2016, 3:16 pm
bbd

The letter i received, attached
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
scan1053.pdf (235.0 KB, 112 views)
Old Nov 14, 2016, 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by bbd
Just got a letter they are no longer going to have this card. And to transfer or use my reward points by June 15th, 2017. The card will no longer work after March 1st, according to the letter.
Are they converting your acct to visa version?
Old Nov 14, 2016, 4:09 pm
bbd

Originally Posted by trikotret
Are they converting your acct to visa version?

No they are not. But from the letter I can call and have the money put on another card

I already have the Merrill plus card as well

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.