Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Credit Card Churning

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2008, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
or just say you want to consolidate with another Citi card. they do not ask anything else.
Old Jun 6, 2008, 8:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by thebat
All you have to do is be firm about closing account. They will do it eventually. This is a good character building exercise. JUST SAY NO.
If you do it by phone, it's not a matter of building character, it's a matter of developing resistance. See, Citi will likely offer you some bonus miles (tho not nearly as many as you'd get for a new signup) each time you call to cancel.

The simpler way, as already mentioned, is to use Contact Us while viewing the account info for into the card you want to cancel. (It doesn't work if you have multiple cards, are viewing a different card's account info, and then use Contact Us. They get all confused and say the don't have access to the card. I found this out when I tried to cancel both an Amex and a Visa in one Contact Us message! Two separate messages sent on the same day, each sent while viewing the card I was going to cancel, did the trick, though.)
Old Jun 14, 2008, 12:46 pm
ecq

I have a question regarding the American Express Delta credit card. There's a 20k bonus for business and 20 k for personal. I was wondering if I opened both, would i get 20k only or 40k? I know you can't churn these cards but since it's two different kinds of accounts?
Old Jun 14, 2008, 1:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ecq
I have a question regarding the American Express Delta credit card. There's a 20k bonus for business and 20 k for personal. I was wondering if I opened both, would i get 20k only or 40k? I know you can't churn these cards but since it's two different kinds of accounts?
you can.
Old Jun 16, 2008, 2:12 pm

Is Marriott the only known exception to the one business and one personal card policy? I was just informed by the Marriott concierge that their policy is ONE bonus, ever. This was surprising to me, and disappointing because my husband recently got the business card for the first time. (He did have the personal card before.)
Old Jun 16, 2008, 3:06 pm

Wirelessly posted (Treo 700p Sprint: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; PalmSource/Palm-D052; Blazer/4.5) 16;320x320)

Originally Posted by mareh
Is Marriott the only known exception to the one business and one personal card policy? I was just informed by the Marriott concierge that their policy is ONE bonus, ever. This was surprising to me, and disappointing because my husband recently got the business card for the first time. (He did have the personal card before.)
It shouldn't be. Just remember his business is a separate entity. He should be able to get a bonus for signing up.
Old Jun 16, 2008, 3:43 pm

It shouldn't be. Just remember his business is a separate entity. He should be able to get a bonus for signing up.
Thank you. That certainly makes sense, but nothing has posted yet. Most people reported that their certificate posted almost as soon as they received their card.

We'll keep hoping though!
Old Jun 16, 2008, 4:05 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
Sorry if this has been answered before...Is Chase done with the multiple cards allowed for Marriott cards? I thought they stopped it only for United cards...Please comment as I was getting ready to get a few more soon.
Old Jun 17, 2008, 5:11 pm

Hi, I'm thinking of signing up for the AMEX AAdvantage card with citi. I have an aadvantagne mastercard that I signed up for in January and I received my bonus miles.

In order to ensure that I get my bonus miles with the AMEX, do I need to sign-up for a separate frequent flier number or can i use the same one that I have always used?

Also, how frequently can i sign-up for a new card?

Thanks for your responses!
Old Jun 17, 2008, 6:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gpapadop
Sorry if this has been answered before...Is Chase done with the multiple cards allowed for Marriott cards? I thought they stopped it only for United cards...Please comment as I was getting ready to get a few more soon.
Yup
Old Jun 17, 2008, 7:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Originally Posted by gpapadop
Chase cracked down across the board (I personally got a denial of bonus on a Priority Club card).

But word is that they've lightened up and I'm currently testing the hypothesis.
Old Jun 17, 2008, 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by Tommywiles
Hi, I'm thinking of signing up for the AMEX AAdvantage card with citi. I have an aadvantagne mastercard that I signed up for in January and I received my bonus miles.

In order to ensure that I get my bonus miles with the AMEX, do I need to sign-up for a separate frequent flier number or can i use the same one that I have always used?

Also, how frequently can i sign-up for a new card?

Thanks for your responses!
Welcome to the Flyer Talk

Have you had a chance to read through this thread? I think your question is answered there. I know this thread is long, but you can definitely utilize a search option.

You do not need a separated frequent flyer # and you can sign up for a new citi card at least every 60 days or it just got changed to 90 ?
Old Jun 17, 2008, 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by gleff
Chase cracked down across the board (I personally got a denial of bonus on a Priority Club card).

What is your hypothesis? Do you think we will be able to churn Chase cards?
Old Jun 17, 2008, 8:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gleff

Lets hope so.
Old Jun 20, 2008, 2:27 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, BA, DL, CO, UA, F9, AS, SPG, HHonors Gold, WN, Club Carlson Gold,
Originally Posted by TAHKUCT
What is your hypothesis? Do you think we will be able to churn Chase cards?
Let us know, I am interested too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.