Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

which credit card would benefit me the most, please advice...so confusing

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2017, 7:07 pm
Original Poster

I take two round international trips from Miami to Vienna with Austrian airlines, staying at NH hotel and conferences plus two to three round trips in US including hotels. I am pretty new to the whole travel credit card scene, currently my husband has United Milege plus. Now it's time to get another one on my name for more bonus miles, but which ones? I'm not someone who needs to be in first class, but would like to have upgrade option.Which cards have the most flexibility with airlines or am I looking at this all wrong?? (If I can get my airfare AND hotels covered by miles, that would obviously be ideal!) This whole credit card system is so confusing for me, please advice.
To sum up, I am looking for the best card that would benefit my needs
2-3 round international trips from MIAmi to Vienna with Austrian airline
hotel stay in Vienna airport
2-3 round domestic trips in US plus hotels
Thanks!
Old Sep 23, 2017, 7:15 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
If you want to combine the rewards earned by flying with the rewards earned using a credit card this is simple. To which frequent flyer program do you credit your flights? (I skimmed your thread in the LH forum, but not sure what you decided.)
Old Sep 24, 2017, 10:25 am
Original Poster

Yes I am not really sure, I am absolutely newbie in this whole credit card rewards system.

What I found and I am not sure if Im correct, if I get chase sapphire preferred credit card then I can transfer points instantly to your United Mileage Plus account, or that of any member of your household who is an authorized user of your account.

United miles can also be used for travel on any Star Alliance partner carrier, including Air Canada, Lufthansa, Swiss, ANA, SAS, Singapore, and many more.

So now Im getting to the end why should I get UnitedMilleage Plus if the Chase Sapphire preferred gives me more options.

Please correct me if Im wrong. thx

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.