Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Question for Friend: Best Card for Non-Travelers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2017, 8:58 am
Original Poster

Yes, I searched, and didn't come up with anything.

Yes, I know this website is called "flyertalk" and is mostly focused on people who like free travel.

All that said, perhaps you can help me out. I have a friend at work who I was telling about my credit card points game obsession and she wondered what the best card would be for her and her husband, who really don't like to travel (they have small kids, he's sort of agoraphobic, etc.).

I was thinking something like the Discover Double Cash card because it's a 2% no-muss, no-fuss kind of card. She's currently using a citi card for her daily spend and typically redeems for gift cards, which I know is a pretty low ROI. I'm sure they can do better.

So, appreciate your thoughts on the best card for non-travelers. Thanks!
Old Apr 13, 2017, 9:13 am

Programs: AA, UA, BA, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
The card you're thinking of is the Citi Double Cash, which is a solid contender. Other good cashback cards are:
  • Alliant CU Cashback Visa Signature, $59 annual fee (waived first year), 3% cash back first year, 2.5% in subsequent years.
  • Fidelity Visa, no annual fee, 2% everywhere
Old Apr 13, 2017, 9:52 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by veradico
...Double Cash card because it's a 2% no-muss, ...
Discussion in the Citi forum:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-...ted-1-1-a.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.