Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Which Citi card to apply for (Executive vs Prestige)?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2015, 11:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Premier Gold, HHonors, SPG, Marriott, PriorityClub, Hyatt, SLH, UA, Delta, AA, JetBlue, SWA

I have been thinking of applying for the CitiŽ / AAdvantageŽ Executive World EliteTM MasterCardŽ or CITI PRESTIGEŽ CARD. Which is better? I see that both carry a $450.00 annual fee any other advantages one or the other? Is there a better card (that will get me into Admirals Clubs & Centurion Clubs)?
Old Aug 28, 2015, 12:38 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
The Citi Executive AA MasterCard provides an Admirals Club membership. You can use the lounge even if flying on another airline. This card earns AAdvantage miles. The annual fee is $450.

The Citi Prestige MasterCard provides access to Admirals Club, but only when flying on AA (or, in practice, US). The card also includes a Priority Pass membership which provides access to Alaska Airlines lounges and to hundreds of independent lounges, but not to DL or UA lounges. This card earns ThankYou Points which can be transferred to a dozen partners, but not to AA. (Instead they can be used to purchase AA revenue tickets at a preferential rate of $0.016 per point.) The annual fee is $450, but $250 of that is refundable.

No Citi card provides free access to American Express Centurion lounges. For that you need an American Express Platinum card.

Last edited by mia; Aug 30, 2015 at 4:49 pm
Old Aug 28, 2015, 4:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Premier Gold, HHonors, SPG, Marriott, PriorityClub, Hyatt, SLH, UA, Delta, AA, JetBlue, SWA
thank you Mia,
seems that the prestige is a better deals.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.