Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Best CC way to get from STL to Banff, BC?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2015, 5:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold

Hi all,
What's the best card to get for a flight from STL to Banff, BC? What's the best airport to fly into?

The date would be early June 2015 for a total of 2 people ages 28/35 (honeymoon).
Old Jan 25, 2015, 5:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by doss1
Hi all,
What's the best card to get for a flight from STL to Banff, BC? What's the best airport to fly into?
The date would be early June 2015 for a total of 2 people ages 28/35 (honeymoon).
Banff is in Alberta, not BC. Calgary is the nearest major city/airport. Your most convenient connections will be on United/Air Canada or Delta. Chase cards accrue miles you can transfer to United. Certain Amex cards accrue miles you can transfer to Delta. Most of those cards will have sign up/minimal spend level bonuses. Also, check the prices to just buy your tickets. They shouldn't be that expensive.
Old Jan 25, 2015, 11:28 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
>not taking the train into Banff
Old Jan 27, 2015, 6:06 am

Programs: 25 million points to burn!
Originally Posted by SFO777
Banff is in Alberta, not BC. Calgary is the nearest major city/airport. Your most convenient connections will be on United/Air Canada or Delta. Chase cards accrue miles you can transfer to United. Certain Amex cards accrue miles you can transfer to Delta. Most of those cards will have sign up/minimal spend level bonuses. Also, check the prices to just buy your tickets. They shouldn't be that expensive.
I'm originally from Calgary, and fly up there every summer. AS, AA, UA/AC and DL all fly into YYC, from SEA, ORD, DFW, IAH, DEN, MSP & SLC directly, so you would just need to connect to one of those airports. Your dates are prime time, so getting an award flight may be tough, even if you booked it now. Summer prices are usually over $500 each. I would try to book very soon for your dates.

While in Banff, I suggest you and your fiancée both get the the Chase Fairmont card and try to use your 4 free nights plus breakfasts at the Banff Springs Hotel. Absolutely beautiful and iconic location. Royal families and A-List celebs stay there regularly.

Last edited by Preacher7; Jan 27, 2015 at 8:46 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.