Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Worst Credit Card Ever? [The physical card itself]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2014, 11:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Dirt Status w/ All

This is about the physical card, not the rewards program, so mods feel free to banish to Omni if appropriate.

What is the worst piece of plastic you have received? I have to go with the Cap One Venture. After three months the lamination graphic layer is peeling on both sides and even invading the magnetic stripe. Raised number highlights are also long gone. Maybe I need Centurion.
Old Dec 20, 2014, 8:10 am

My old AmEx HHonors card. Granted, I used it a lot, but it actually got an s-bend in it from being swiped when you viewed it along the short end.

Other than that, my ATM cards routinely crack a little below the magstripe.
Old Dec 20, 2014, 9:25 am

Programs: UA 1P MM, AS MVP G*, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
The TD bank instant debit cards always had a short life-span.
Old Dec 20, 2014, 12:00 pm

I would say the ugliest cards I've seen are the Chase Ink Cash card and the Citibank Double Cash card.
Old Dec 20, 2014, 1:46 pm

Worst Credit Card Ever

I had a Chevron card way back. It was almost all white so it got dingy super fast. This was before pay at the pump so you were often giving the card to someone with nasty greasy hands.
Old Dec 20, 2014, 6:10 pm

My Schwab chip debit card. It has started peeling apart and has only been used once. Very beautiful card just not well made.
Old Dec 20, 2014, 6:18 pm

I think the Ink Cash card is the worst looking card. The Double Cash does not look so bad, IMHO.

Last edited by steve4; Dec 20, 2014 at 6:19 pm Reason: Typo
Old Dec 20, 2014, 9:04 pm

Programs: AA Plat, CX Silver
I once opened a business checking account at a small credit union and was given a debit card that didn't even have embossed numbers. Almost no one would accept it. Fortunately I had a business credit card from Chase and didn't really need the card for that checking account.
Old Dec 20, 2014, 9:51 pm

My BofA cards are the worst it seems, lots of peeling and poor lamination going on.
Old Dec 20, 2014, 11:20 pm
swy

Programs: Greyhound Vermillion Mithril
Not the worst card on an absolute scale, but I also thought the Amex platinum card is the cheapest looking premium card.
Old Dec 21, 2014, 5:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
CSP looks nice, but it sure got scratched up quickly from the gunk in merchants' magstripe readers.
Old Dec 21, 2014, 7:06 pm

Programs: SW CP, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
I've always thought my old Citi Forward was pretty fugly.
Old Dec 21, 2014, 8:39 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
Used to be the Navy Federal cash rewards card, until the gave it a facelift. Now it's the Chase IHG MasterCard.
Old Dec 21, 2014, 8:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by AllieKat
My Schwab chip debit card. It has started peeling apart and has only been used once. Very beautiful card just not well made.
I had to replace my Amex Blue with the ExpressPay/RFID chip every 9-12 months because it would start separating.
Old Dec 21, 2014, 10:09 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Diamon, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by swy
Not the worst card on an absolute scale, but I also thought the Amex platinum card is the cheapest looking premium card.
This tells me that you don't have a AA Executive card with the new design, do you? Good thing all my AA Executive cards get swiped for 1-2 times before going to the trash, so they don't get to be damaged.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.