Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Capital One | Rewards Miles
Reload this Page >

Redeem Capital One Venture Miles and Amazon Rewards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2011, 10:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat

Hi I have some miles sitting in my Capital One Venture card account and would like to redeem. I have made some recent travel transaction so I can redeem the miles for statement credit. Before I do that just wonder if there's any other better way to redeem? I am wondering if there's anyway to redeem for Airline miles or transfer to another account to redeem for Airlines.

After following some posts within this forum, I figure the best way to use miles or points is the transfer them to Airlines so I can get exchange for flight upgrades which usually cost more than the 1pt to $1 amount. Any suggestion for doing so with the Capital One Venture miles?

Also I have quite some points sitting in my Amazon Rewards account also, other than redeeming 1pt - $1 in cash check, any better way to spend or transfer them to Airline also?

Thank you very much for all your time and help. Have a great day.
Old Aug 5, 2011, 10:42 pm

Capital 1 redemption

Ithink you can redeem capital 1points for any of your charges. it does not have to be a travel charge.hbmiller1
Old Aug 6, 2011, 1:26 am

Chase Amazon reward redemption:
Round Trip Airline Ticket within the U.S. (Max Value $400)(Call 1-800-603-2265 to redeem.) 25,000

Round Trip Airline Ticket to HI, AK or Canada (Call 1-800-603-2265 to redeem.)(Max Value $600) 45,000

Round Trip Airline Ticket to Mexico or Caribbean (Call 1-800-603-2265 to redeem.)(Max Value $600) 45,000

Round Trip Airline Ticket to Europe (Call 1-800-603-2265 to redeem.)(Max Value $800) 50,000

Round Trip to Asia, South America or Central America(Call 1-800-603-2265 to redeem.)(Max Val $1,000) 75,000

Round Trip to any Destination, (Max Value $1,600) (Call 1-800-603-2265 to redeem) 90,000
Old Aug 6, 2011, 2:29 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for all response and help.

So it seems for the Capital One Venture card, the best way to redeem is for statement credits? Somehow when I click into the redeem section, it only has a choice for me to redeem travel charge at 1 mile to $1. For cash check or straight statement credit, it was only 1 mile to $0.5. Hope I am not missing something.

For the Amazon rewards, does it mean that it can be redeem as paying part of a ticket. For example, if I would like to purchase a ticket to Europe and the ticket is $1000, I can redeem 50,000 points for it and the max it will pay for is $800 so I will have to pay the extra $200 out of packet?

Thanks again for all the help and comment. You all are great!
Old Aug 11, 2011, 2:59 pm
Original Poster

Hi haven't received more response on this. I am about to cash my miles with the 1 mile for $1 credit for my Venture Captial One miles, just want to double check again if there's any other better way of using the miles, a high $ amount per mile or a straight transfer to a real airline mile.

Thanks again for all the help. Really appreciated it. Take care and have a great day
Old Aug 11, 2011, 3:19 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by NttDocomo
...straight transfer to a real airline mile.
Capital One Venture "miles" are points which cannot be converted to any other program.
Old Aug 14, 2011, 11:18 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, USAirways Silver, Hyatt Gold, Marriott Silver, Omni Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by NttDocomo

For the Amazon rewards, does it mean that it can be redeem as paying part of a ticket. For example, if I would like to purchase a ticket to Europe and the ticket is $1000, I can redeem 50,000 points for it and the max it will pay for is $800 so I will have to pay the extra $200 out of packet?

I'm curious about this too and have sent in an inquiry, will let you know what they say. The rules state "Tickets for airline reward seats may be at the lowest available fare in the market for the customer’s travel dates and departure/destination locations, and will be subject to the maximum ticket value for the reward being redeemed." To me this would imply if you can't get there for $800 then Amazon won't get you there.

You may have to pay a certain amount out of pocket anyways, as:
"Passenger facility charges, international entry or departure taxes and/or all fees, if any, are at traveler’s expense." (emphasis mine)
Old Nov 10, 2011, 3:14 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, USAirways Silver, Hyatt Gold, Marriott Silver, Omni Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by SpaceAce
I'm curious about this too and have sent in an inquiry, will let you know what they say. The rules state "Tickets for airline reward seats may be at the lowest available fare in the market for the customer’s travel dates and departure/destination locations, and will be subject to the maximum ticket value for the reward being redeemed." To me this would imply if you can't get there for $800 then Amazon won't get you there.

You may have to pay a certain amount out of pocket anyways, as:
"Passenger facility charges, international entry or departure taxes and/or all fees, if any, are at traveler’s expense." (emphasis mine)
For a European redemption for me, they covered the first $800 of a total cost of $881, so you're free to choose any ticket but it's your personal cost after $800.
Old Jan 7, 2014, 8:04 am
Suspended

Would it be possible to redeem for a flight on *A flight, then upgrade to business w/ United Points?
Old Jan 7, 2014, 2:08 pm

Programs: Delta Silver, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond, Ex-UA Gold, Ex-AA Gold , Ex-SPG Gold, Peon everywhere else
Originally Posted by greggarious
Would it be possible to redeem for a flight on *A flight, then upgrade to business w/ United Points?
Yes. As long as you buy an upgradeable ticket with your Cap1 card and do it directly with the airline (website/call center). Then do a point redemption (full or partial) against that purchase by calling or doing it on the Cap1 website. You can even do a redemption against any upgrade co-pays you charge on the Cap1 card.
Old Jan 9, 2014, 7:09 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by eknock007
Yes. As long as you buy an upgradeable ticket with your Cap1 card and do it directly with the airline (website/call center). Then do a point redemption (full or partial) against that purchase by calling or doing it on the Cap1 website. You can even do a redemption against any upgrade co-pays you charge on the Cap1 card.
How much would that cost on average, for a business class ticket to Europe?
Old Aug 13, 2014, 1:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Does CapOne ever have redemption promos (e.g. similar to Amex transfer bonuses)?

If not, is there any reason not to redeem accumulated cash back rewards immediately as statement credits?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.