Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

One year citi-bike membership for CITIGOLD. Any value?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2016, 9:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: CHASE UNITED CLUB; CITI PRESTIGE; IHG SPIRE AMBASSADOR; RITZ-CARLTON GOLD; Global Entry

I got this offer in my email.

Is it of any value?
I don't like bikes. I wish they cut my prestige AF to $250 or even
$300. It would be far better than this free bike membership for a year.

The pic is attached.
Attached Images  
Old May 24, 2016, 10:26 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by ylord789
Is it of any value?
I don't like bikes.
I believe you may have answered your own question
Old May 24, 2016, 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by dw
+1. However, what is the downside? I haven't received this offer (I've also only been CitiGold for a couple months) but if I do I will sign up. If you are a member you can ride 45 minutes for free whenever you want. Summer is almost here, maybe one day you'll get the urge to bike across the Brooklyn Bridge or bike to or from work on the day that you know is coming up when your subway line is inexplicably not running due to an "investigation" or "signal problems" (AKA MTA incompetence and underfunding).
Old May 24, 2016, 3:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CHASE UNITED CLUB; CITI PRESTIGE; IHG SPIRE AMBASSADOR; RITZ-CARLTON GOLD; Global Entry
Originally Posted by dw

Originally Posted by MapleLeafss
+1. However, what is the downside? I haven't received this offer (I've also only been CitiGold for a couple months) but if I do I will sign up. If you are a member you can ride 45 minutes for free whenever you want. Summer is almost here, maybe one day you'll get the urge to bike across the Brooklyn Bridge or bike to or from work on the day that you know is coming up when your subway line is inexplicably not running due to an "investigation" or "signal problems" (AKA MTA incompetence and underfunding).

Biking is faster and "high"er than walking.

But I am a walker.

Johnnie Walker, keep walking.
Old Jun 2, 2016, 10:06 am

Originally Posted by ylord789
I got this offer in my email.

Is it of any value?
I don't like bikes. .
Not even for leisure? You can check out a bike for 45 minutes at a time whenever you want and bike around central park or the hudson greenway.

Plenty of people use it for commuting or errands. 50,000 rides a day actually.
Old Jul 1, 2016, 4:19 am
Original Poster

Just got the key and a code for a free 1y membership.

Originally Posted by jamesinclair
Not even for leisure? You can check out a bike for 45 minutes at a time whenever you want and bike around central park or the hudson greenway.

Plenty of people use it for commuting or errands. 50,000 rides a day actually.
I just got the bike key and a code expiring on 12/31/2017.
I will start my membership soon to catch up with those bike-riding young people.
Old Apr 4, 2024, 6:13 pm

Now they are only offering it to individuals with a NYC address and not for all citigold clients.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.