Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Citi AAdvantage Platinum 3X spending bonus

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2014, 3:42 pm
Original Poster

Citi AAdvantage Platinum 3X spending bonus

I have the Platinum Visa and my husband has the Platinum AmEx. We haven't been using either card recently but the annual fee did just come due.

Just received in the mail two bonus mileage offers, which tie nicely into the two retentions offers we got ($95 credit, 1K miles, $1,000 spend, 16 month).

The Visa offer was 3X miles on eligible online purchases through 6/30/14. It is capped at 2,500 miles unfortunately. My husband's is more interesting with 3X miles for every day spending at grocery stores, gas stations, restaurants and drug stores. Also capped at 2,500 miles through 6/30/14.

The offer is targeted. We had to enter in an invitation number. Just wanted to put it out there. I almost threw them out thinking they were another balance transfer offer.
Old Apr 8, 2014, 4:14 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
I got the same offer as your husband. Going to max it out next month easily. On top of AP to hit $1k this will be a nice bump in mileage for me.
Old Apr 8, 2014, 5:40 pm

Both my wife and I got the offer on our GOLD cards, which came up for renewal last month and I ended up getting retention offers for them which I accepted.

Hmm, my offer was 3x miles on online purchases, up to 2,500 miles. No brainer for me to put my AP through that card.

My wife had one for "almost everything you buy, including purchases like dining, groceries, shopping, entertainment, travel and so much more", up to 1,500 miles.
Old Apr 8, 2014, 9:13 pm

Programs: AA, UA, BA, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
My wife got the same offer last quarter on AA Biz card, and the quarter she got it on her AA Amex and I got it on my AA biz. All of ours are the 3x on blah blah "and so much more" and are for up to 2,500 bonus miles. Seems like an easy 4x opportunity when combined with the retention offer!
Old Apr 8, 2014, 9:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yeah, it's 4x, but only:

-up to $1250 in spend

-max of $1000 a month

-must hit $1000 a month to work in the first place.

Hitting the sweet spot is basically impossible.
Old Apr 9, 2014, 11:40 am

Programs: AA, UA, BA, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by josephstern
Yeah, it's 4x, but only:

-up to $1250 in spend

-max of $1000 a month

Yeah, of course. It's a one-time 4x opportunity, but that's just icing on the 2x retention offer cake.
Old Apr 9, 2014, 11:52 am
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by josephstern
Yeah, it's 4x, but only:

-up to $1250 in spend

-max of $1000 a month

Well you can split the bonus categories into more than one month, which makes it easier.
Old Apr 9, 2014, 12:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PainCorp
Well you can split the bonus categories into more than one month, which makes it easier.
Fine, so $1000 one month, then $250 of the $1000 the next month? Still not a huge deal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.