Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

[Active Again] $50 Sign Up Bonus On Fidelity Amex (Flat 2% Cash Back)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 1, 2014, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MDtR-Chicago
This thread is for discussion of the application process for offers that include a cash signup incentive.

For questions about holding and using the card itself, see this long-running thread:
Fidelity 2% cashback AmEx-network card [Consolidated]

Current best known public offer, posted by UserMark: $50 bonus (after $500 spend):
https://www.fidelity.com/go/rewards-american-express

Older signup bonus offers that expired in August 2014:

To get the $75 bonus offer (after $500 in spend):

To get $50 bonus offer (after $500 in spend):
    Print Wikipost

[Active Again] $50 Sign Up Bonus On Fidelity Amex (Flat 2% Cash Back)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2014, 10:25 am

Judging by the link I would guess it's VAB2BP
    Old Jun 10, 2014, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by Wakinguptooearly
    Do you guys know if calling in to raise the credit limit is an easy thing to do? Would like to do some MS on this/
    Hi. I raised my CL shortly after I got it from the website. It's another hardpull but I raised it to 20k from something like 8k.
    Old Jun 10, 2014, 7:07 pm

link to $75 offer does not work anymore
    Old Jun 10, 2014, 7:15 pm

Programs: SPG Plat. Marriott Plat. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Diamond. IHG Plat.
    Originally Posted by humesd
    link to $75 offer does not work anymore
    Want to tell us anything else we don't already know?
    Old Jun 11, 2014, 3:53 pm

linky no worky.. did you know?
    Old Jun 11, 2014, 4:18 pm

The wiki needs to be updated; the link doesn't work, but for $75 bonus you need to call 1-800-551-0839 and quote the offer code: VAB2BP. Make sure you confirm the offer details over the phone and get a reference number just in case. Pulled all of this from DOC blog post today
    Old Jun 11, 2014, 7:25 pm
    Original Poster

Originally Posted by VerMagnusson
    The wiki needs to be updated; the link doesn't work, but for $75 bonus you need to call 1-800-551-0839 and quote the offer code: VAB2BP. Make sure you confirm the offer details over the phone and get a reference number just in case. Pulled all of this from DOC blog post today
    My bad, meant to update the wiki when that post went live but I forgot. I've added it now and it's also below. If anybody has trouble calling and getting the offer please let me know.

Also there might be a $100 offer, so if anybody gets a good rep perhaps ask about that offer and what the code is so others can make use of it.

All of this was originally posted on my blog here.

This post contains a link to my blog, I've included all the necessary information so nobody needs to click over.

Old Jun 15, 2014, 12:12 pm

Programs: AS, IHG and post-loyal
      These [guys] didn't give me my bonus despite all my documentation. I just gave up at some point. This was signup on the same offer about 8 months ago.

The website is really annoying as there is no ebill integration with bank of america. I'm looking for a better everyday spend card as too many of my frequent places don't take amex anyway.

Last edited by philemer; Jun 15, 2014 at 2:24 pm Reason: circumventing profanity filter--
      Old Jun 15, 2014, 9:43 pm
      Original Poster

Originally Posted by leland
      These [guys] didn't give me my bonus despite all my documentation. I just gave up at some point. This was signup on the same offer about 8 months ago.

The website is really annoying as there is no ebill integration with bank of america. I'm looking for a better everyday spend card as too many of my frequent places don't take amex anyway.
      What did they say when you called support?
      Old Jun 15, 2014, 10:25 pm

Got the $75 bonus immediately after $500 spend. Applied through the $75 link before it died.
      Old Jun 18, 2014, 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by Doctor of Credit

Use this link: https://www.applyonlinenow.com/USCCa...ry?sc=VAB2RZ#b
        Just tried clicking on the $50 promo link here and it appears operational. My question is:

To get the $75 offer, do you apply for the card by phone, or apply online and then call to add the promo code? If you apply online, should I use the $50 promo link and then call to change to the $75 promotion, or just apply first with no promo?

Since I will be handling it for my husband, it would be simplest to be able to apply online and then call in just to get the promo, if that's possible. He hates doing this stuff so I try to minimize the time he must spend on the phone.

Thanks.
        Old Jun 18, 2014, 5:19 pm
        Original Poster

Originally Posted by TWA44
        Just tried clicking on the $50 promo link here and it appears operational. My question is:

To get the $75 offer, do you apply for the card by phone, or apply online and then call to add the promo code? If you apply online, should I use the $50 promo link and then call to change to the $75 promotion, or just apply first with no promo?

Since I will be handling it for my husband, it would be simplest to be able to apply online and then call in just to get the promo, if that's possible. He hates doing this stuff so I try to minimize the time he must spend on the phone.

Thanks.
        Call & quote the $75 promo code "VAB2BP". That way you can confirm with the phone rep that you'll be getting the $75 offer. BoA/FIDO will not offer match if you apply by phone for the $50 offer and then try to upgrade to the $75 offer unfortunately.

Goodluck convincing your husband. I find showing my girlfriend a real incentive helps (e.g when she is to lazy to apply for a $200 credit card offer I just get out $200 in cash and all of a sudden she is pretty keen to do it).
        Old Jun 18, 2014, 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by Doctor of Credit
        Call & quote the $75 promo code "VAB2BP". That way you can confirm with the phone rep that you'll be getting the $75 offer. BoA/FIDO will not offer match if you apply by phone for the $50 offer and then try to upgrade to the $75 offer unfortunately.

Goodluck convincing your husband. I find showing my girlfriend a real incentive helps (e.g when she is to lazy to apply for a $200 credit card offer I just get out $200 in cash and all of a sudden she is pretty keen to do it).
        Thanks, DOC. So on the day I do an online AOR for him, just have him call and apply by phone. OK. If he really balks, I'll just go for the $50 online offer. Mostly I want us to have a 2% everywhere/no fee card, for when we cancel the Arrivals card if they don't waive the fee.

He will also go for the AA Exec (100,000 bonus) card. Any recommendation on which to do first, or doesn't it matter? Thanks again.
        Old Jun 18, 2014, 5:57 pm
        Original Poster

Originally Posted by TWA44
        Thanks, DOC. So on the day I do an online AOR for him, just have him call and apply by phone. OK. If he really balks, I'll just go for the $50 online offer. Mostly I want us to have a 2% everywhere/no fee card, for when we cancel the Arrivals card if they don't waive the fee.

He will also go for the AA Exec (100,000 bonus) card. Any recommendation on which to do first, or doesn't it matter? Thanks again.
        Depends on where you live I guess. In a perfect world Citi & Bank of America will pull different credit bureaus so it won't really matter. Both of them are inquiry sensitive from what I've read. Hopefully somebody more knowledgeable than myself can chime in and let you know what's best.

I'd probably go with whatever card is more important to you. FYI, lots of data points on people getting the arrival fee waived so I think you'll be OK on that front. It's always nice to have a straight 2% card though! Goodluck. ^
        Old Jun 24, 2014, 10:44 am

Originally Posted by VerMagnusson
        As of 9:45AM PST on June 24, this is not working. Just called (twice) and neither rep can pull it up .

Anyone have any advice or another offer that is better than the $50 online promo? Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.