Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

[Active Again] $50 Sign Up Bonus On Fidelity Amex (Flat 2% Cash Back)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 1, 2014, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MDtR-Chicago
This thread is for discussion of the application process for offers that include a cash signup incentive.

For questions about holding and using the card itself, see this long-running thread:
Fidelity 2% cashback AmEx-network card [Consolidated]

Current best known public offer, posted by UserMark: $50 bonus (after $500 spend):
https://www.fidelity.com/go/rewards-american-express

Older signup bonus offers that expired in August 2014:

To get the $75 bonus offer (after $500 in spend):

To get $50 bonus offer (after $500 in spend):
    Print Wikipost

[Active Again] $50 Sign Up Bonus On Fidelity Amex (Flat 2% Cash Back)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2014, 6:45 pm
    FlyerTalk Evangelist

Received the card by UPS Next Day delivered today. What an UGLY looking card!

To my surprise, there is no activation sticker on the card. I had to call the number at the back to activate the card. The FIA phone rep is a bit retarded. I told the lady the reason I called was that I needed to activate the card so I could use it. The lady went thru the routine verification, then asked me, "what can I help you?"
    Old Apr 9, 2014, 6:48 pm
    FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jan_believes
    Any idea what FICO score they look for on this card?

I know my TU score but not the others. Don't want to waste a pull; just had a date inquiry fall off!

TY!

Also, if one spends $2500 within 60 days, would one earn enough points for $75 and $50 bonuses?
    I believe BofA pulls Experian in most cases.

You only earn ONE sign up bonus - either $75 offer or $50 offer, not both.

However the spend also earn you the 2%, so $2500 spend would earn $50 - that is not a bonus, but the earning rate of this card, if that is what you mean by $50 bonus.
    Old Apr 10, 2014, 7:18 am

Programs: CITI, Barclay, Fidelity Amex, CC
    Originally Posted by kasan08
    I tried 1-866-422-8089 and option 3. It is auto status check and it said they cannot approve my request. But i do not know how to connect to the rep. I tried dial 866-422-8089 and choose option 0 directly. Then it said their office is closed, asking me to call back 8am-midnight Mon-Fri, while my calling time was 5pm!!
    I applied for Fidelity Amex and Club Carlson signature yesterday. Called the number above to check on the Amex and the CSR pulled up my CC application. He wasn't aware of my Fidelity Amex application at all. Very confusing.
    Old Apr 10, 2014, 7:23 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
    Received the card by UPS Next Day delivered today. What an UGLY looking card!

To my surprise, there is no activation sticker on the card. I had to call the number at the back to activate the card. The FIA phone rep is a bit stupid. I told the lady the reason I called was that I needed to activate the card so I could use it. The lady went thru the routine verification, then asked me, "what can I help you?"
    Happy - have learned a lot from several of your posts over the years, but I think using the adjective you chose was pretty offensive. I fixed it to something more suitable
    Old Apr 10, 2014, 7:34 pm
    Original Poster

Originally Posted by jan_believes
    Also, if one spends $2500 within 60 days, would one earn enough points for $75 and $50 bonuses?
    $50. It earns at 2%.
    Old Apr 10, 2014, 7:39 pm
    FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by birdhands
    I applied for Fidelity Amex and Club Carlson signature yesterday. Called the number above to check on the Amex and the CSR pulled up my CC application. He wasn't aware of my Fidelity Amex application at all. Very confusing.
    The number I initially called was a biz card number 1-800-481-8277 after 2 or 3 numbers all led to "this number is no longer in service". The rep there transferred me, and then I was transferred again.

You may want to try the following numbers - I was given all these at each time I was transferred (twice until reaching a senior credit analyst at FIA):

1-800-224-7803
    1-866-505-7477
    1-866-865-7842, OR 856-7842?

Those numbers were given to me before the reps transferred me in case we got disconnected.

My initial experiences with this card is all negative.

While there is a Fidelity logo page mentioning the card benefits such as rental car coverage, extended warranty, etc - there is NO detailed pamphlet to list out each benefit and how to claim such benefit should you need it. I would give it a week or so to see if any more mailing to arrive before calling FIA to inquire such.

Last night when I called the number at the back of the card to ask questions on the linkage of Fido account as there seems no automatic redemption option but requires MANUAL redemption at $50 increment - the phone got disconnected with no reason from FIA end.

This morning when I called again to request notation on card that it is always for large amount purchases, the rep started to pitch 0% balance transfer, but omitted to mention the 4% one-time fee until I reminded him there got to be a fee for BT. When I wrapped the call by asking his name and location again, the phone suddenly went disconnected.

I will see how long I can put up with such sub par customer service.

Last edited by Happy; Apr 10, 2014 at 7:46 pm
    Old May 5, 2014, 7:34 pm

How is this a churn card? Or do most just transfer points from other cards to it?
    Old May 5, 2014, 11:04 pm

Originally Posted by aGeist
    How is this a churn card? Or do most just transfer points from other cards to it?
    I don't think this is for churning. This card is hardly talked about because of its "not so impressive" features. 2% cashback, no limits, no gimmicks, no annual fee, no categories. All day, everyday.

So if you needed a little something extra to sweeten the offer, this is it.

You can do a few things with the 2% cashback...

-toss into a checking account, savings account, mutual fund, etc
    -buy airfare/hotels/rental cars/activities at face value
    -buy gift cards and other things
    Old May 6, 2014, 7:06 am

Programs: United 1K, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
    Between the website, the lack of app, the hit or miss CS, and the inherent fear of faux Amex, I will drawer the card.

Id rather stick to a Clear or BCE/P and forgo the additional 1% CB just to have better service and perks.
    Old May 6, 2014, 7:40 am

Programs: SPG Plat. Marriott Plat. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Diamond. IHG Plat.
    Has anyone signed up sans bonus and called up to receive the bonus?
    Old May 6, 2014, 8:13 am

can you link this to your bank of america log in? or do you have to have it setup by fiacardservices.
    Old May 6, 2014, 9:25 am

Originally Posted by newbynewbynew
    can you link this to your bank of america log in? or do you have to have it setup by fiacardservices.
    It's not visible in your BOA account. You need to sign up with FIA to manage your card. Alternatively, if you have an active Fidelity account, it will show up there, but to make any payments, you still need to signup at FIA.
    Old May 6, 2014, 11:07 am

Originally Posted by Nomoneyinmybank
    It's not visible in your BOA account. You need to sign up with FIA to manage your card. Alternatively, if you have an active Fidelity account, it will show up there, but to make any payments, you still need to signup at FIA.
    Thanks!
    Old May 6, 2014, 3:18 pm

Used the $75 link. No instant decision online, but I called the automated status line (866-598-4971) about 10 minutes later and it said I was approved. Thanks for the link.
    Old May 6, 2014, 7:46 pm
    Original Poster

Originally Posted by cotr
    Between the website, the lack of app, the hit or miss CS, and the inherent fear of faux Amex, I will drawer the card.

Id rather stick to a Clear or BCE/P and forgo the additional 1% CB just to have better service and perks.
    Why bother even getting the card if you're going to drawer it? Save your hard inquiries for something else, $75 isn't worth it UNLESS you're going to actually use the card for the 2% cash back.

Originally Posted by Polaris86
    Used the $75 link. No instant decision online, but I called the automated status line (866-598-4971) about 10 minutes later and it said I was approved. Thanks for the link.
    Welcome. Some phone reps have talked about a $100 offer, you can get the offer to change if you change the last two digits in the URL string. I tested about 200+ combos and didn't find anything better than $75, but if anybody finds the $100 offer let us know please.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.