Wiki Posts
Search

$75 Signup bonus for Discover it

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2013, 8:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExP
$75 Signup bonus for Discover it

I looked all over for a signup bonus for the DiscoverIT card. (I want to access the amazing ShopDiscover mall!) I finally found an offer on Amazon that gives you a $75 Amazon GC after first purchase.

This is not a card you get for the signup bonus, but if you buy any volume of stuff online, you can get really insane returns through ShopDiscover. FrequentMiler has some highlights.
Old Sep 17, 2013, 8:43 pm

Or you can sign up for someone's referral, which gives you both $50. If they give you half the referral, you get the $75 in cash and they get a $25 bonus.
Old Sep 17, 2013, 9:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExP
Looks like the Discover Escape which had been pulled for a while is back. It provides no-limit 2% everyday: https://www.discover.com/credit-card...r/escape-card/

ETA: It also provides basically a $10/month credit for first 25 months you use the card.

Last edited by HansGolden; Sep 17, 2013 at 9:56 pm
Old Sep 17, 2013, 9:49 pm

Interesting, looks like a CapOne Venture clone. Though I'd definitely rather deal with Discover than CapOne.
Old Sep 20, 2013, 11:40 pm

I give you 80$, it you want
Old Sep 21, 2013, 9:37 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Thanks for finding this. Too bad I just got the card a few weeks ago. Is it churnable next month?
Old Sep 22, 2013, 8:48 pm

Programs: AA, BA, UA, Spirit, Delta, PC Plat, SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by HansGolden
Looks like the Discover Escape which had been pulled for a while is back. It provides no-limit 2% everyday: https://www.discover.com/credit-card...r/escape-card/

ETA: It also provides basically a $10/month credit for first 25 months you use the card.
That's practically $250 spread over two years. Quite smart in that it forces you use the card, and not so bad for Discover.

Just understand that really getting your cashback with this "amazing" Discover Mall is not a given. You'll have to fight them every time they "forget" to pay your cashback. And in my experience, they do "forget" quite often.
Old Oct 2, 2013, 11:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, UA GS, AA EXP
Originally Posted by HansGolden

Anyone had experience about this card? Does it has quarterly 5% cashback as discover it? thanks!
Old Oct 2, 2013, 11:43 pm

Programs: AA-UA-AS IHG-SPG-Carlson
I had a DI card a while back, closed after 9 months or so.
It inded was good for various cashback,
and I think had a $50 sign up.

IIRC, though, some people said to look further,
and you would find sign up bonus of $200+.
It has been long enough...
I will try to find this bigger bonus ...

edit: never mind... apparently that was las year..

Last edited by MrHalliday; Oct 3, 2013 at 12:04 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.