Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

US Bank Radisson Rewards VISA (discontinued April 2022; cards to be converted)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 27, 2013, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pgary
Best welcome bonus is 120,000

120,000 points, $75 annual fee, not waived (Premier Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
https://www.radissonrewardsvisa.com/...rect=plat32172

85,000 points, $75 annual fee, not waived (Premier Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...PremierCard.do
10x on Radisson, 5x else, Gold status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

60,000 points, $50 annual fee, not waived (Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...gnatureCard.do
6x on Radisson, 3x else, Silver status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

30,000 points, $0 annual fee (Rewards Visa Card) offer:
https://www.radissonrewardsvisa.com/credit/visaCard.do
6x on Radisson, 3x else. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

85,000 points, $60 annual fee, not waived (Business Rewards Visa Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...usinessCard.do
10x on Radisson, 5x else, Gold status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

For discussion of posting time on the annual 40k bonus, see this thread: CC visa annual 40,000 points bonus

US Bank Reconsideration Line: 800-947-1444
Use this phone number to check your application status as well. US Bank does not send you an approval/denial email. Many data points show 8-10 business days for decision is normal. Add another 2-3 weeks after that to receive physical card.

U.S. Bank Fraud Department - 800-260-8469. This is the number to call if your card starts getting declined when you try to make a purchase.

Why is the balance due on my business card always shown as $0?
There are TWO account numbers linked to your business card: The card itself, which shows up in the same website account as any personal cards you may have. This will always show a $0 balance due.

There is a SECOND account - labeled the "Central Bill Account" - with its own account number. You must set up a separate website account with its own username and password to access the Central Bill Account. This is the account that will actually show the balance due and let you schedule a payment. Somewhere in the paperwork you received with the card or the first paper invoice, you should be able to find the Central Bill Account's number.

Setting up separate website account for business card:

These are the instructions that US Bank emailed me:

To enroll in Online Banking for your U.S. Bank Business account, start by going to usbank.com. You do not need a Personal Identification Number (PIN) in order to enroll.

Please follow these instructions to enroll in Online Banking to view or pay your account:

1. Click on the Enroll Now link on the right side of the screen.
2. Select the Business Accounts option.
3. View the Terms and Conditions and then select Enroll Now.
4. Select I do not have a U.S. Bank small business checking or savings account.
5. Select I am an authorized officer of a U.S. Bank Business Credit Card.
6. Complete Step 2 of 2.

Once you have successfully logged in, you will be able to view your business account in its entirety. When you are making a payment you will need to select the Accounts Payable account number.

Until the end of May 2015: "Bonus Award Night - Redeem Gold Points for two or more consecutive Award Nights and the last night is free. Exclusively for cardmembers.

From June 1 2015: free night after $10,000 spend in a year plus payment of annual fee. Note: can only be used in the U.S.

"New Account Bonus is not available to applicants who have had this Card or another Club Carlson credit card product within the last 12 months."

Forex fee is 3%

For complaints about the changes slated for May 2015, try twitter, Facebook, emails to corporate, letter writing, etc.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/clubcarlson?fref=ts

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ClubCarlson

USA contact # +1 (888) 288 8889

Print Wikipost

US Bank Radisson Rewards VISA (discontinued April 2022; cards to be converted)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2014, 5:05 pm

What is the maximum hard pulls in a 6 month period that would allow me to qualify for this card ?

I have never been denied a card but have at least 6 ( maybe more ) hard pulls in the last 6 months.

I don't plan on applying until December and won't apply for any other cards in between but from what I read that may not help as even 3 months from now I would have at least 3 new cards open in the past 6 months.

The only US bank card I ever had was the flex perks when the converted the Northwest card to that product.

Thanks
Old Sep 19, 2014, 11:21 am

Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
As a data point re: number of recent inquiries: I have 11 new accounts in past year, 7 in past 6 months. I didn't attempt to freeze any reports.

My application was pending, then rejected after a few days. When I called in to the recon line they said they had been waiting to hear from me (I was out of the country using a different SIM card, so perhaps they called?). They transferred me to a verification line, didn't ask any follow up questions, sent the application for "manual processing" and was approved for $17,000 CL after 2 days.

I've carried a US Bank card (now Cash+) since 2005 and opened a FlexPerks card in February. I also have a US Bank banking relationship.
Old Sep 19, 2014, 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by alben
About the time my first statement posted is when my membership went from red to gold. Patience is a virtue.
This has been my experience as well. Upgraded to Gold and received 50K points at close of first statement.
Old Sep 19, 2014, 6:09 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, AS MVP Gold 75k, AA Platinum, SPG/Marriott Platinum
When I got approved in January, I had 4 hard pulls in 6 months and froze ARS, etc (I strongly recommend this!) after being turned down in October 2013. US Bank is tough, but once you can crack the door, they are easier on the whole inquiries thing as I just got approved for the Business Card and had 7 hard pulls in 6 months on Experian.

As always, YMMV. Hope this helps.

Originally Posted by flyer4512
What is the maximum hard pulls in a 6 month period that would allow me to qualify for this card ?

I have never been denied a card but have at least 6 ( maybe more ) hard pulls in the last 6 months.

I don't plan on applying until December and won't apply for any other cards in between but from what I read that may not help as even 3 months from now I would have at least 3 new cards open in the past 6 months.

The only US bank card I ever had was the flex perks when the converted the Northwest card to that product.

Thanks
Old Sep 19, 2014, 6:14 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, AS MVP Gold 75k, AA Platinum, SPG/Marriott Platinum
Same deal as what you went through; was advised to call "marketing" for a "product upgrade." US Bank is notorious for being slow and they took their time (7-10 days after initial inquiry) to do it, but they did.

Originally Posted by lowfareair
I originally applied back in 2012 and received the silver/grey card - has anyone had any experience calling them and requesting that they convert it to tbe Premier (black) version? No late payments, paid off balance every month, etc.
Old Sep 20, 2014, 6:57 pm
Moderator: Travel Buzz

This is a milestone in the StartInSanDiego household.... Mr San Diego actually asked if I could pleezzzeee get him a Club Carlson card! Folks, we have a convert in the making!

And here's why: He had spent a few days looking for well priced hotels for a Europe trip on short notice, and, since "well priced" usually comes in somewhere around $125-150 a night, the true value of this awesome credit card became crystal clear.

We applied for the biz card, got pending, and about 3 or 4 days later, an approval with a hefty 26K CL. He's had a smattering of new apps this year, but didn't freeze any credit bureaus.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 8:26 pm

Programs: Northwest, United
These guys are insane. Well, they're certainly different. My story...

Froze my ARS/etc. back in January or February 2014.
Applied for Club Carlson personal visa in February 2014.
Instant approval. I always get instant approval.
Used the card moderately for the past 7 months.
Almost 4 weeks ago, I applied online for the business version of the card.
Not instantly approved. Hmmm. Called the recon/status line, told could not be approved. I assume that means denial. But wait...
Almost 2 weeks later, get via postal mail notification that there's info missing. To continue my application, please call. Great. I call.
They tell me I didn't include my business name.
Actually, yes, I did, I say - it's a sole proprietorship, and I just use my name for the business. I have screen shots of the app, and I did include Firstname Lastname as the business name. This seems to have confused them. I explain they can just use my name (or Me, Inc. if they prefer) - that's what I've always done on the half-dozen business cards I've had over the years. He says OK, we'll process your app now. I thank him, and although it just seems weird, I chalk it up to them just being weird.
A week goes by with no word from them. I call the automated recon/status line. For several days, it says "your application is still being processed". Eventually, it flips to "we could not approve your application." Hmm. OK, whatever. Another week goes by, today I receive another letter from them, saying they were unable to verify information on my application, call them again if I want to continue.

Sheesh. It's not like there's much info on the app. Name, name of business, SSN, address, income - that's about it (all of which they should be able to verify easily - everybody else has). And I already called them and spoke to them once - why didn't they ask me then?

Now it's been almost a month since I applied for this card. They sure move slow!
Old Sep 24, 2014, 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by duranza
Those 2 numbers do not add up since you say you opened 6 new accounts in the last 6 mos.

Your first post.. welcome to Flyertalk!
Thanks! I thought there was a difference between hard and soft pulls. Most credit cards only do soft pulls for new accounts, but something like a mortgage will do a hard pull. I also heard that barclay's does hard pulls for all new accounts. Please correct me if I am wrong.
Old Sep 24, 2014, 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by nwflyboy

Not instantly approved. Hmmm. Called the recon/status line, told could not be approved. I assume that means denial. But wait...
Almost 2 weeks later, get via postal mail notification that there's info missing. To continue my application, please call. Great. I call.
Actually, yes, I did, I say - it's a sole proprietorship, and I just use my name for the business. I have screen shots of the app, and I did include Firstname Lastname as the business name. This seems to have confused them. I explain they can just use my name (or Me, Inc. if they prefer) - that's what I've always done on the half-dozen business cards I've had over the years. He says OK, we'll process your app now. I thank him, and although it just seems weird, I chalk it up to them just being weird.
A week goes by with no word from them. I call the automated recon/status line. For several days, it says "your application is still being processed". Eventually, it flips to "we could not approve your application." Hmm. OK, whatever. Another week goes by, today I receive another letter from them, saying they were unable to verify information on my application, call them again if I want to continue.

Sheesh. It's not like there's much info on the app. Name, name of business, SSN, address, income - that's about it (all of which they should be able to verify easily - everybody else has). And I already called them and spoke to them once - why didn't they ask me then?

Now it's been almost a month since I applied for this card. They sure move slow!
I had a similar experience... Applied about 5 weeks ago while I was traveling in South America. Got home to find a letter asking me to call in to verify information... did so immediately. About 2 weeks later, I received the exact same letter again. Called in again... They "verified" the info (whatever that means) and told me to check back 2 days later. I did so and found out I was approved for a personal Club Carlson card. Happy to receive approval for a card I didn't expect to get after the initial run around, only unfortunate thing is I'm leaving for Africa on Monday so I had to pay the $15 to have them rush ship it to me.
Old Sep 25, 2014, 10:04 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by ydnolb4
Originally Posted by duranza
Those 2 numbers do not add up since you say you opened 6 new accounts in the last 6 mos.

Your first post.. welcome to Flyertalk!
Thanks! I thought there was a difference between hard and soft pulls. Most credit cards only do soft pulls for new accounts, but something like a mortgage will do a hard pull. I also heard that barclay's does hard pulls for all new accounts. Please correct me if I am wrong.
You are wrong. Yes, mortgages do hard pulls, but nearly every single new credit card application for all issuers involves a hard pull as well.
Old Sep 25, 2014, 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by nwflyboy

Yup, US Bank is crazy.

If you call again, be prepared for them to ask for tax returns showing the business income. I cancelled my app after they asked me for that. I will apply again later and hope for instant approval
Old Sep 25, 2014, 10:18 pm

Club Carson Biz and Personal CC Question

I applied for the business version of Club Carson, but got the Pending review message. It hasn't been 3 days yet, but I called and they said application is okay just need to wait for decision. Ugh... I am taking a trip soon so it would be nice to get points for the stay there. Should I go ahead and apply for the personal version? Considering there may be more checking with business version? or that would cause red flags? FYI: I have 2 mortgages with them, credit score 745-49.

Thx
Old Sep 26, 2014, 1:20 am
In memoriam

I have both the biz and personal cards.

I waited until I got my personal card before applying for the biz card.

By the way, the bonus points take a week or so to post after meeting spend so you won't be getting points right away.

Also, IME, USB will automatically set up separate Club Carlson accts for each card which you will have to have CC merge later on. However, having two accounts can actually be a plus since it may make it possible to make back to back bookings of two nights each--using the last night free benefit twice in four nights.
Old Sep 26, 2014, 4:22 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriott LT Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Platinum Pro, AS MVP Gold
US Bank is notoriously slow for processing applications.

I waited a week for them to approve my personal card too.
Old Sep 26, 2014, 9:45 am

I got email today and it says unable to approve me for the club carson biz version. I called and they just needed to verify my association with the business. The guy on the phone said I should receive the card 3-5 biz days. I assume that's approval? But when I checked the status on the phone, it says still pending/in progress. I am so confused. What the heck is going on? Did he just verify information and resubmit to the underwriter again? or he's the underwriter?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.