Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi ThankYou Premier World Elite MasterCard Upgrade?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Citi ThankYou Premier World Elite MasterCard Upgrade?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2012, 4:55 pm
Original Poster

Question Citi ThankYou MasterCard Upgrade?

Does anyone know how to go from Citi ThankYou Premier World MasterCard to Citi ThankYou Premier MasterCard? I called Citi and was told the card doesn't exist, but I have read about people with them on these very forums. Any info? Thank you.

Last edited by Nick92; Apr 7, 2014 at 5:22 pm
Old Apr 8, 2012, 7:43 pm

I am pretty sure that these were given out to existing, high spending ThankYou Premier MC cardholders. I recall trying for the upgrade a while back (when they were giving out PriorityPass), but had no luck.
Old Apr 8, 2012, 7:58 pm
Original Poster

Was it a one time offer? How much is high spending?
Old Apr 8, 2012, 11:33 pm

I'm not sure. I know I was given a song and dance when I called about upgrading my Thankyou rewards card to the MC World elite version. Basically the rep didn't know why/how it was done but said he thought it was based on spending (but couldn't give me levels of spending). I gave up... closed the card on the same call. After that I didn't pay much attention to it.
Old Apr 9, 2012, 10:15 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Are there a specific World Elite benefits which you would use?
Old Apr 9, 2012, 10:29 am
Original Poster

Several World Elite benefits Either way, I just wonder why this card is so elusive especially on FT. Seems no one has it, knows how to get it, etc. Not even at Citi! lol
Old Apr 9, 2012, 10:57 am
mia

The best way to obtain a World Elite MasterCard is to apply for one which is marketed as such, rather than hoping to upgrade after the fact. Try here, for example:

https://creditcards.citi.com/credit-...ld-mastercard/

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...eriprise.html?
Old Apr 9, 2012, 11:01 am
Original Poster

Thank you but neither card appeals to me, which is why I am exclusively after the TYP WEMC. I just spoke with an account manager that said "very soon" they will launch World Elite products you can directly apply for with the global chip. However I take that with a grain of salt and will just wait for any replies. Thanks mia.
Old Apr 9, 2012, 11:05 am
mia

I suspect, but do not know for certain, that the Citi Prestige card is issued as a World Elite MasterCard.

If you care to mention the benefits which interest you we may be able to suggest other ways of obtaining them.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 9:30 am
Original Member

Programs: AAMM & PLT; UA Gold, DL Silver, Marriott LT Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz #1 Gold Club
Originally Posted by Nick92
Several World Elite benefits Either way, I just wonder why this card is so elusive especially on FT. Seems no one has it, knows how to get it, etc. Not even at Citi! lol

I have the Citi TY Premier World Master Card which is a convert from the old TY PPE card - I dont recall if that card was also a "World" card, I suspect it was not. I did not even realize that this card was a "World" card until I rented a car in Jamaica and the Avis rep told me that the card covers the insurance which is a benefit of the World feature. My annual spend is about $15-$20k on this particular card.
Old May 31, 2012, 2:16 pm

Citi ThankYou - World Elite MasterCard

I just got my Citi ThankYou Prestige card today. I applied online and did not make any other requests on card type. The card I received is in fact a Citi ThankYou World Elite Master Card.
Old May 31, 2012, 9:31 pm

I think Chase Sapphire Preferred Card has a World Elite Mastercard that you can apply for

CSP MasterCard
CSP Visa

It might have the lowest AF among the other WEMC that can be directly applied for. I will try to convert my CSP Visa to a WEMC once the 40k bonus is posted(should be this coming statement). I regret not applying for it directly when I first opened it.

Edit: Not confirmed that it is WEMC. It could be MasterCard World. I will ask customer service tomorrow.

Last edited by ferrari_fan; May 31, 2012 at 9:45 pm Reason: Added Visa Link to show the difference in the two offers. Note the SPID difference in the two links.
Old Jul 3, 2012, 7:44 am

i was just upgraded. im not sure why.
Old Jul 3, 2012, 9:21 pm

Upgraded after hitting around 15k spend

Airport lounge access for $35 per visit.

Other benefits listed at
http://www.mastercard.us/credit-card-world-elite.html
Old Jul 11, 2012, 2:24 pm
Original Poster

About $15k? How old is your card?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.