Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

[Targeted & Dead] Hilton HHonors Amex - 60,000 after $750 in 3 mo.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Targeted & Dead] Hilton HHonors Amex - 60,000 after $750 in 3 mo.

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2012, 7:21 pm

Originally Posted by dtp1987
Can this be posted in the masters thread?
It should be already there. I PMed it to UA Fan some time ago.
Old Jul 3, 2012, 7:24 pm

Data point using the link-

Used the link above to apply for the 50k HH points. When I received the credit card from AMEX i called to confirm the 50k points. AMEX said the offer was for 40k points. Amex wanted to know where I applied and I told CSR that I did a search on Amex Hilton Honors credit card. Not good enough. I had to send the link by email to prove that it was for 50k points.
Old Jul 3, 2012, 7:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by metoo
Data point using the link-

Used the link above to apply for the 50k HH points. When I received the credit card from AMEX i called to confirm the 50k points. AMEX said the offer was for 40k points. Amex wanted to know where I applied and I told CSR that I did a search on Amex Hilton Honors credit card. Not good enough. I had to send the link by email to prove that it was for 50k points.
What did they reply?

AMEX often has such issues especially when the link is a zombie link which I suspect it is.
One time I was told by a rep that they had so many offers out there, they would not know what you get. The rep said if the bonus not posted as expected, send them the proof of the offer... That was years ago when the card arrived with materials that showed a different bonus. I did have to send in proof for the offer I applied, then the bonus posted accordingly.
Old Jul 3, 2012, 9:43 pm

No reply from my email with the link. CSR was on the phone when I asked if he received my email. He checked and said the link was legitimate. He confirmed on the phone that I will receive my 50k points upon $750 spend.
Old Jul 5, 2012, 2:34 pm

OP, after you typed in the RSVP code, did the application page come up with your information pre-filled? If not, can you type in your RSVP code again, and then copy the URL of the next page and paste it here ?
Old Jul 5, 2012, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No reply from my email with the link. CSR was on the phone when I asked if he received my email. He checked and said the link was legitimate. He confirmed on the phone that I will receive my 50k points upon $750 spend.
I did not realize you can send email to AMEX while talking to them on the phone. Was it thru the AMEX online account message center? or a separate email address?

Let us know if you got the 50K automatically. I have the card and will meet the spend this cycle but my activation was automated and I did not bother to press 0 to talk to CSR. I have made screen shot of the offer page, as well as the half-filled application page though, in case I have to fight for it. Hope I dont need to. Will report back to here and the main thread.

Last edited by Happy; Jul 5, 2012 at 3:37 pm Reason: correct bank name. thanks mia for catching it.
Old Jul 5, 2012, 3:34 pm

Happy-

Seperate email to the CSR.
Old Jul 5, 2012, 3:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Happy-

Seperate email to the CSR.
So the CSR has a separate email address. News to me. Would keep in mind of this apparently useful feature of AMEX.
Old Jul 5, 2012, 4:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by UserMark
OP, after you typed in the RSVP code, did the application page come up with your information pre-filled? If not, can you type in your RSVP code again, and then copy the URL of the next page and paste it here ?
Its giving me error now. I guess once you use rsvp code with your application its no longer valid

Sorry, we are unable to verify the information you provided, or your offer may be expired. Please verify and try again. Or, to find out what other Card offers you may be pre-selected for, visit our Special Offers Page. If you need help, call us at 1-800-410-7593.
Old Jul 5, 2012, 4:54 pm
formerly known as RK7

Programs: Many
Wow that was quick. I filled the 50k application out for my wife and within one minute received approval. Cool.
However, she doesn't have an HH account so I'm wondering if they will open one up for her using the cc application or should I open one up for her?? I know...I should have opened one up for her beforehand but it's too late now.
Old Jul 5, 2012, 6:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RK7
Wow that was quick. I filled the 50k application out for my wife and within one minute received approval. Cool.
However, she doesn't have an HH account so I'm wondering if they will open one up for her using the cc application or should I open one up for her?? I know...I should have opened one up for her beforehand but it's too late now.
Have you heard "Instant Approval" before? That is how it works if your application got an instant approval.

It is too late now about the HHonor account - just wait for AMEX to open one for your wife's application. You would receive material from HHonor once an account is opened. Or you can call AMEX to find out once you have the card.

Next time when you apply for any card that is for any program, join that program and get your membership number first - far better this way and avoid any potential mix up / error or whatnot down the road.
Old Feb 8, 2013, 7:19 pm

Amex HHonor CSR won't allow points posted right away

I spent quite a bit on Amex HHonor at one of the drug stores and I'd like to have the points from the spending posted to my HHonor account immediately for my Hilton hotel stay next week. The Amex CSRs that I communicated with SM were not willing to initiate the posting citing it can't be done until the monthly balance statement is generated.

Is it the normal procedure? Any way to get the points posted sooner? Do you think calling Amex CSR (most likely located in north America) may have a better chance?
Old Feb 9, 2013, 4:46 am
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by tonyflyer
I spent quite a bit on Amex HHonor at one of the drug stores and I'd like to have the points from the spending posted to my HHonor account immediately for my Hilton hotel stay next week. The Amex CSRs that I communicated with SM were not willing to initiate the posting citing it can't be done until the monthly balance statement is generated.

Is it the normal procedure? Any way to get the points posted sooner? Do you think calling Amex CSR (most likely located in north America) may have a better chance?
They won't make them post earlier, why should they?
Old Feb 9, 2013, 5:54 am

Well, since I have already paid off the balance, they have nothing to lose for posting earlier. I heard Amex is pretty good at posting points earlier if asked, anything they can do to help certainly make loyal card users like me even more happy.

Originally Posted by PainCorp
They won't make them post earlier, why should they?
Old Feb 9, 2013, 4:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tonyflyer

They would only do expedited posting of Membership Reward. They dont seem to do this for either HHonor or SPG.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.