Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Strategy for getting Barclays Arrival+ , Chase Ink Unlimited, and Uber Cards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Strategy for getting Barclays Arrival+ , Chase Ink Unlimited, and Uber Cards

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2019, 1:23 pm
Original Poster

Question Strategy for getting Barclays Arrival+ , Chase Ink Unlimited, and Uber Cards

Hi all,

I have applied for Barclays Arrival+ recently. I got hit with income verification via tax return. Docs submitted. Waiting now.
I also want to get Chase Ink Unlimited and Uber credit cards. The later one is issued by Barclays also. What should be my strategy?

I think if I after review, I am approved for Barclays Arrival+, I should apply right away for Chase Ink and Barclay Uber cards. I think so because the Arrival+ credit pull is already on my report, therefore it doesn't matter when I apply for the Ink card. And if I am declined the Arrival+, I should not apply for the Uber card at all.
So, the only tricky case is when I am approved for the Arrival+ card. What should be my strategy to get both Ink Unlimited and Barclays Uber cards in this case?

Thanks fellows!
Old Jun 1, 2019, 3:49 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Can you meet all the minimum spend requirements to gain your bonuses in 3 months? That's almost $9,000 spend in 3 months.
Old Jun 1, 2019, 9:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by xakep
Hi all,

I have applied for Barclays Arrival+ recently. I got hit with income verification via tax return. Docs submitted. Waiting now.
I also want to get Chase Ink Unlimited and Uber credit cards. The later one is issued by Barclays also. What should be my strategy?

I think if I after review, I am approved for Barclays Arrival+, I should apply right away for Chase Ink and Barclay Uber cards. I think so because the Arrival+ credit pull is already on my report, therefore it doesn't matter when I apply for the Ink card. And if I am declined the Arrival+, I should not apply for the Uber card at all.
So, the only tricky case is when I am approved for the Arrival+ card. What should be my strategy to get both Ink Unlimited and Barclays Uber cards in this case?

Thanks fellows!
IF approved for the Arrival+ I'd wait 30 days and apply for the Chase card (check Chase forum for Chase's 5/24 policy). Barclay is all over the board with multiple approvals in a short period of time. Maybe wait another 60 days and then apply for the Uber card. Our game is a marathon not a sprint. As always YMMV.
Old Jun 1, 2019, 10:36 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NationalChamps2015
Can you meet all the minimum spend requirements to gain your bonuses in 3 months? That's almost $9,000 spend in 3 months.
Good point. thanks.

Originally Posted by philemer
IF approved for the Arrival+ I'd wait 30 days and apply for the Chase card (check Chase forum for Chase's 5/24 policy). Barclay is all over the board with multiple approvals in a short period of time. Maybe wait another 60 days and then apply for the Uber card. Our game is a marathon not a sprint. As always YMMV.
Thank you for your advice.

Last edited by EmailKid; Jun 2, 2019 at 8:07 am Reason: Consecutive posts by same postet
Old Jun 2, 2019, 12:31 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

I'd slow play it, like philemer said, this is a marathon, not a sprint. I'd say get your approval on the arrival+ card, meet the minimum spend on it, then plot out your next move.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.