Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Credit reports and score monitoring [Consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2010, 5:09 pm
bdd
Original Poster

In terms of value, price, and customer service, what is the best Credit Watcher program? Something that you subscribe to that allows you to monitor your credit... as you rack on all of these miles with various credit cards.
Old Jan 12, 2010, 5:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm curious about this also as Debix seems to be ineffective at this point.

I'd like to hear about ones that offer FICO glimpses, also.
Old Jan 12, 2010, 8:40 pm

Not sure which is the best one, but I have the American Express one and I don't really like it.. They use some kind of modified score which I don't think gives an accurate picture of what your credit is..

Like my score says 760.. but I got denied from Chase and BofA for credit cards, but got accepted at Citibank...
Old Jan 13, 2010, 12:02 am

This has nothing to do with miles, so moving from MilesBuzz! to Other Credit Card Programs forum, as that's where these inquiries seem to go.

Aviators99
MilesBuzz!
Old Jan 13, 2010, 5:26 am

Unless you have one from MyFico or Equifax you will not receive a real FICO score. Amex is one of the cheaper ones at 11.99.
Old Jan 13, 2010, 8:32 am

Originally Posted by QL_714
Unless you have one from MyFico or Equifax you will not receive a real FICO score. Amex is one of the cheaper ones at 11.99.
So, can you confirm that Equifax Score Power is real FICO (the same as MyFico)? I was under the impression that Score Watch is fake (even though MyFico gets its data from Equifax).
Old Jan 13, 2010, 8:32 am

Those reports (like amex credit secure) are accurate for watching your credit reports, how utilization looks, new inquiries, how creditors are reporting etc, but the scores they shows are "PLUS" scores, or FAKO - fake FICO. If you want your FICO scores for EQ & TU, they are available to purchase at www.myfico.com. MyFico also has a score watch service that will alert you in changes on your scores. The Experian Vantage score is available at Experian's website.

As far as just watching your credit report, without needing the real fico scores (and being able to pull everyday - that's a big plus), Amex's credit secure or www.creditchecktotal.com are some good ones to use. If you don't want to pull a new report everyday, they still alert you of new activity on your report (new inquiries, accounts, address changes etc).
Old Jan 13, 2010, 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by aviators99
So, can you confirm that Equifax Score Power is real FICO (the same as MyFico)? I was under the impression that Score Watch is fake (even though MyFico gets its data from Equifax).
Yes, they will be the same. Both real FICO scores.
Here is a link for 30 day trial of EQ Credit Watch Gold w/FICO score (EQ). Don’t forget to cancel before the month is up.
https://www.monitormycreditnow.com/T...-9cfd0115ba3d&
Old Jan 14, 2010, 1:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PL, SPG G, MR G, HH G, CC G, AMEX PL
Originally Posted by QL_714
Yes, they will be the same. Both real FICO scores.
Here is a link for 30 day trial of EQ Credit Watch Gold w/FICO score (EQ). Don’t forget to cancel before the month is up.
https://www.monitormycreditnow.com/T...-9cfd0115ba3d&
I tried the link but it gives the login error at the end and I couldn't go any further. I hope my CC will not be charged.
Old Jan 14, 2010, 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by foxberg
I tried the link but it gives the login error at the end and I couldn't go any further. I hope my CC will not be charged.
Try to login directly at EQ. https://www.econsumer.equifax.com/ot...yequifax.ehtml
Old Jan 16, 2010, 2:44 pm

I use www.privacyguard.com. I used it a long time ago then got away from it, tried other monitoring sites and was dissapointed with the results. Privacy guard lets you pull your credit once every 30 days and it provides all 3 scores. It used to let you dispute online, but as of the new year, you have to send to each company. They make it easy for you to do it though.

Also, I get emails whenever something has changed on my report. It gives me suggestions on what to pay off due to the high, med, or low effect that it has on my score. A month ago you could join $1.00 for the first month. That gives you a chance to try it out. Let me know what your thoughts are.
Old Jan 17, 2010, 1:06 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by ahouser
I use www.privacyguard.com. I used it a long time ago then got away from it, tried other monitoring sites and was dissapointed with the results. Privacy guard lets you pull your credit once every 30 days and it provides all 3 scores. It used to let you dispute online, but as of the new year, you have to send to each company. They make it easy for you to do it though.

Also, I get emails whenever something has changed on my report. It gives me suggestions on what to pay off due to the high, med, or low effect that it has on my score. A month ago you could join $1.00 for the first month. That gives you a chance to try it out. Let me know what your thoughts are.
Sounds just like identity monitor from Citi. Pretty much the same features you listed but only $4.95/month. Been using it for a year or so now and it's worked for me.

http://www.identitymonitor.citi.com/...ource=IMN00291
Old Jan 23, 2010, 5:44 am

CCT for TU bumpage ^
Old Jan 24, 2010, 10:45 am

Programs: HH LTD, AA LTG
USAA offer's a reduced price Expierien credit check service for $5.50 a month. It lest you do limitless credit checks with credit score from Expierien and will monitor your report daily sending you an alert if anything changes to your account.

They also offer another service that gives all 3 reports with scores for about $15. This later one is a one time snapshot, not a daily credit motoring service like the former.
Old Apr 7, 2010, 9:00 pm

Programs: UA, AA
best credit monitoring service?

Other than Creditsecure program American Express, what else can you recommend for daily (or weekly) monitoring of all three credit reports (and inquiries)?

Thank you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.