Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

50,000 ThankYou Points for New Citi Premier Card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

50,000 ThankYou Points for New Citi Premier Card

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2011, 4:38 pm

Location: EWR Ionosphere Club, LAX Clipper Club, Still Traveling Global, yearly BIS miles
Programs: EAL Silver Wings, I-Club, Flying Colonels DL, WorldPass PLat from the olde Meatball and PE SMARTbank
so any new links for 50K pts offer on cc?
Old Jul 5, 2011, 10:26 pm

I churned TY and Citi AA cards in the past. Now, I always get denied for any AA card. Will I likely get denied for this TY card?
Old Jul 7, 2011, 10:20 pm

Location: EWR Ionosphere Club, LAX Clipper Club, Still Traveling Global, yearly BIS miles
Programs: EAL Silver Wings, I-Club, Flying Colonels DL, WorldPass PLat from the olde Meatball and PE SMARTbank
Originally Posted by frank_10b
so any new links for 50K pts offer on cc?
so there IS a new link eh?
Old Jul 11, 2011, 9:07 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Ibotta, Southwest A-List
Originally Posted by Saas
I originally read that this promotion was set to expire on June 30th, but when you click the link it still brings up the offer. Does anyone know if this has been extended?
Yes, the offer has been extended until further notice but with Citi Cards they change everyday so if your going to apply I would do so soon and before the end of July.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 9:52 am

Programs: AA PLT / 2MM
This is still alive, and I was just approved for it. I was advised that the fee is WAIVED for Citigold customers. Anyone else find this not to be the case? (Well worth a credit pull for me; otherwise, I wouldn't have applied.)

Though, Citi is annoying with credit lines. I've got 70K of credit from Citi already, and they only gave me 2K on this card unless I wanted to move credit to this card. I took the 2K since I don't plan on keeping this one open.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 12:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by $1500forGLD
This is still alive, and I was just approved for it. I was advised that the fee is WAIVED for Citigold customers. Anyone else find this not to be the case? (Well worth a credit pull for me; otherwise, I wouldn't have applied.)

Though, Citi is annoying with credit lines. I've got 70K of credit from Citi already, and they only gave me 2K on this card unless I wanted to move credit to this card. I took the 2K since I don't plan on keeping this one open.
Keep in mind if you dont clear the TYPs associated with this card, you would lose all when you cancel the card.

And if you have other TYP balances from pre-conversion cards, those points would be used first because Citi uses FIFO system - this means the post-conversion cards TYPs are at the bottom of barrel because they are the "never expire" points.

Do keep the above in mind when you cancel the newly acquired card.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 5:54 pm

Programs: AA PLT / 2MM
Originally Posted by Happy
Keep in mind if you dont clear the TYPs associated with this card, you would lose all when you cancel the card.

And if you have other TYP balances from pre-conversion cards, those points would be used first because Citi uses FIFO system - this means the post-conversion cards TYPs are at the bottom of barrel because they are the "never expire" points.

Do keep the above in mind when you cancel the newly acquired card.
Good to know; if the card isn't churnable, I could keep it open indefinitely to help my credit score if I can get fee waivers every year. If I do want to cancel, is getting gift cards the best way to quickly get out of TYPs?
Old Jul 24, 2011, 4:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Good to know; if the card isn't churnable, I could keep it open indefinitely to help my credit score if I can get fee waivers every year. If I do want to cancel, is getting gift cards the best way to quickly get out of TYPs?
No. Redeeming flights with TYPs are at 25% discount - this is a hidden benefit for Premier card but the recent "special offer" emails put this benefit in writing.
Old Jul 27, 2011, 4:28 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
Has this been revived?

Logged on to citicards.com and saw this is back on. Expires 8/18/11

http://creditcards.citicards.com/usc...4B33F56EC241CC

Earn unlimited ThankYou® Points for the purchases you make every day

Earn 50,000 bonus ThankYou® Points after $2,000 in purchases within 3 months of account opening – enough for $665 in airfare when you redeem through the ThankYou Travel Center. Enjoy this benefit on any airline with no blackout dates.*
Earn 1.2 ThankYou Points per $1 spent – that's 20% more points – when you use your card at gas stations, supermarkets, drugstores, commuter transportation and parking merchants.**
Earn 1 ThankYou Point for every $1 you spend on all other purchases.**
No points cap or expiration.**

Wherever you travel to, your card will make it more rewarding

Earn points for the miles you fly when you purchase a ticket with your Citi ThankYou Premier Card.**
No foreign transaction fee on purchases.†
Annual complimentary domestic companion ticket (within the continental USA) and a 15% discount when booking air travel through our travel benefits provider, Spirit Incentives.††

Be rewarded for more than just making purchases

Receive an Anniversary Bonus every year you're a cardmember.**
Earn bonus points for enrolling in Account Online and signing up for Paperless Statements.*
Get extra points when shopping through the ThankYou® Bonus Center, a network of 600+ retailers you know and love.

Redeem your points for virtually anything

Get 33% more value for your ThankYou Points when you redeem for airfare through the ThankYou Travel Center.
For example: 50,000 points can be redeemed for $665 in airfare, which would typically require 66,500 points.
Go online or call to redeem your ThankYou Points for a wide selection of rewards like gift cards, travel rewards, cash, electronics and so much more.

Apply Now
Offer ends: 8/18/11
Old Jul 30, 2011, 6:58 pm

Programs: HHonorsDiamond
Originally Posted by ia9561
Logged on to citicards.com and saw this is back on. Expires 8/18/11
I finally found terms and conditions...on this offer it states $175 annual fee 1st card, $50 addtional user!!! Had to look for it and nothing states it will be waived....
Old Jul 30, 2011, 11:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sargenet
I finally found terms and conditions...on this offer it states $175 annual fee 1st card, $50 addtional user!!! Had to look for it and nothing states it will be waived....
It is never waived, so far.
Old Aug 7, 2011, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
This is still alive, and I was just approved for it. I was advised that the fee is WAIVED for Citigold customers. Anyone else find this not to be the case?
I was in a Citibank office Friday and was told that Citigold customers get ALL AA credit card annual fees waived. Plus Diners.

That is not the way it was told to me a couple years ago (guy said it's my choice of one card), but maybe it's changed.
Old Aug 7, 2011, 1:48 pm

Programs: AA lifetime platinum, Jet Blue Mosaic
$125 annual fee waiver

The 1st year fee ($125) is waived for applcants who a directed invitation with a code number keyed to their name.

If you are Citigold and link the Thank You Card to your Citigold account. The $125 fee will be waived.

The above applies to the associated card fee ($50)
Old Aug 7, 2011, 1:56 pm

Programs: AS: 75K; DL/NW: Plat; DL SC: Lifetime; Hyatt: Diamond; HH: Gold; SPG: Plat;
I got the card one statement ago, and am about to upgrade my Citi checking account to Citigold (I'm refinancing my house, and my new Citi mortgage will provide me Citigold for free).

Do you believe they'lll waive my annual fee two statements after I got the card (and paid the annual fee?)
Old Aug 7, 2011, 9:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bostonbali
I got the card one statement ago, and am about to upgrade my Citi checking account to Citigold (I'm refinancing my house, and my new Citi mortgage will provide me Citigold for free).

Do you believe they'lll waive my annual fee two statements after I got the card (and paid the annual fee?)
Does not hurt to ask, especially via secured email.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.