Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

VS [Bank of America] Amex with 65000* mile bonus

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

VS [Bank of America] Amex with 65000* mile bonus

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2012, 1:23 pm

Annual Fee & Churning

I was wondering if anyone had info on BoA refunding the AF w/in the first 30 or 60 days if the card is canceled? I ask because I will be meeting the spend on this and the two Hawaiian Airline cards w/in a few weeks, and if I transferred the points out, paid my balance, then closed the card, would I get some or all of the AF back? Also, if anyone has done this, does this affect future churns 3-6 months later?

Thanks
Old Aug 18, 2012, 9:52 pm

[/QUOTE]
Originally Posted by partizanka
Can anyone confirm using Amazon Payments for the BOA CC spend and not generating Cash Advance?[/QUOTE]

Originally Posted by vinay2543
I tried that couple of days back...so far no charges, and hoping that nothing shows up in the statement.

Please let us know about this (re AP) when you get your first statement from BofA vs. Thanks... I always need help reaching multiple spends.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 9:44 am

How long does it take for the 5k points to post for the 2 Authorized users? My first purchase bonus posted upon lst statement closing date.
Old Aug 22, 2012, 11:11 am

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
Originally Posted by partizanka
Can anyone confirm using Amazon Payments for the BOA CC spend and not generating Cash Advance?[/QUOTE]

Please let us know about this (re AP) when you get your first statement from BofA vs. Thanks... I always need help reaching multiple spends.[/QUOTE]

Yes. I do it every month for $1000. per month.
Old Aug 22, 2012, 11:13 am

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
Originally Posted by metoo
How long does it take for the 5k points to post for the 2 Authorized users? My first purchase bonus posted upon lst statement closing date.
I had to CALL to get it done. They are so incompetetent at BoA. I am still waiting for my additional 25K to be posted for the 2500. spend in 90 days.

The idiots tried to tell me I got the 25K becuase they saw the original 20K and then the 5K for adding the authorized users.

I have had to calll 3X and still nothing. I will avoid BofA in the future.
Old Aug 22, 2012, 11:55 am

Programs: CO, AA, UA
Originally Posted by metoo
All my miles posted after statement closing except the 5K miles for authorized users also. Same for my wife. I secure messenged them and they stated they did see it on my account and it should post after next statement. So my advice is to at least secure message them so it's notated on your account.
Old Sep 1, 2012, 6:08 pm

Is this dead? I got a targeted offer in the mail today for it for 65,000 miles
Old Sep 1, 2012, 6:17 pm

Programs: WoH Globalist, AA Platinum Pro, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver, Hertz Prez's Circle
The link (and other links I've tried) are currently dead. If anyone has a working for the big offer, please let us know
Old Sep 1, 2012, 8:13 pm

Originally Posted by snugglening
I did my AOR on 8/9/13 and submitted two apps for the 65k Amex Virgin Atlantic. BOA called me today and asked if I wanted the second one I said yes as long as I get the bonus. She said Ok.
I cant take any credit for this I just read the entire thread of the Virgin Atlantic Amex thread on here and saw RetiredRoadWarrior post it. So he/she deserves the pat on the back.

Most likely I am thinking about converting both bonuses to HH points.
Did you get only one credit pull?

Did anyone else have success doing this?
Old Sep 1, 2012, 11:38 pm

Originally Posted by compddd
Is this dead? I got a targeted offer in the mail today for it for 65,000 miles
Got a link?
Old Sep 2, 2012, 5:08 am

Originally Posted by mmaoao
Did you get only one credit pull?

Did anyone else have success doing this?
Didnt check about the credit pull. There is another on this thread that has had success so is his/her brainchild.
Old Sep 4, 2012, 1:49 pm

The link (and other links I've tried) are currently dead. If anyone has a working for the big offer, please let us know
Old Sep 8, 2012, 10:49 am

Anyone have a working link?
Old Sep 8, 2012, 5:46 pm

Programs: AA, BA, UA, Spirit, Delta, PC Plat, SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by rtraveler
Anyone have a working link?
It's not the first time they've put this deal in the freezer. It will come back.
Old Sep 9, 2012, 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by cruisr
I had to CALL to get it done. They are so incompetetent at BoA. I am still waiting for my additional 25K to be posted for the 2500. spend in 90 days.

The idiots tried to tell me I got the 25K becuase they saw the original 20K and then the 5K for adding the authorized users.

I have had to calll 3X and still nothing. I will avoid BofA in the future.
I've been having this issue as well. The rep first tried to tell me I hadn't spent $2500. After walking her through the math 3x she agreed that $2330 + $430 was more than $2500. She then told me she couldn't help with the points because they came from VA. I called them, spoke to a rep who said he couldn't do anything, but would pass the info to the points group (which wasn't open at the time) and have been waiting for a response.

Has BOA agreed to help you with the 25k? I'm just trying to figure out who to go to for the next round of calls.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.