FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Credit Card Programs (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs-599/)
-   -   [EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs/1182580-expired-fee-waived-us-airways-card-30k-10k-anniversary.html)

Filler03 Jun 25, 2014 9:17 am

Originally Posted by Preacher7 (Post 23093234)
Sigh. The end of an era has arrived as of this morning. The 30k link in the wiki has expired. Now there are no FYF options available for this card. It was fun while it lasted...

Terrible timing, coincides with the AA Executive 100k offer death. Coincidence?

PumpkinSmasher Jun 25, 2014 9:36 am

Originally Posted by Superorb (Post 23088584)
If you're not instantly approved the odds of recon doing so are pretty slim.

Yeah but I applied for the 30K card without status, which is why I was denied. Applying for the 40K shouldn't be a problem...I am just not sure what to say when they ask me why they should give me an additional line of credit when I only put $1 on the card.

maewest Jun 26, 2014 9:48 am

Originally Posted by metoo (Post 23078896)
Approved for the 35k , no annual fee, 10k anniversary bonus miles late July 2013. Statement closes in mid July. I should receive my 10k bonus points. Am i right?

After receiving points, I plan to cancel and apply for another US. Airways dividend card a couple of months later. I have the Barclay Arrival Plus World MC Elite Card still open.

Surprised this worked for you. Tried the link this morning (as well as the one in the wiki) and both are dead (barclays page saying this deal has expired)

Happy Jun 26, 2014 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by metoo (Post 23078896)
Approved for the 35k , no annual fee, 10k anniversary bonus miles late July 2013. Statement closes in mid July. I should receive my 10k bonus points. Am i right?

After receiving points, I plan to cancel and apply for another US. Airways dividend card a couple of months later. I have the Barclay Arrival Plus World MC Elite Card still open.

Will this hinder my chance of approval with Barclay Arrival Plus open?

Originally Posted by maewest (Post 23100093)
Surprised this worked for you. Tried the link this morning (as well as the one in the wiki) and both are dead (barclays page saying this deal has expired)

You need to read more carefully - the poster's card was applied in July 2013, almost a full year ago! The 35K link was long gone months ago. :rolleyes:

isle-hawg Jun 27, 2014 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by PumpkinSmasher (Post 23094024)
Yeah but I applied for the 30K card without status, which is why I was denied. Applying for the 40K shouldn't be a problem...I am just not sure what to say when they ask me why they should give me an additional line of credit when I only put $1 on the card.

My recommendation, cut your losses and reapply after 30 days and hope to get auto-approved. From what I have read it is the only way to get a 2nd or 3rd open US Air Card.

I do not recall reading a single post by someone in your case having already an open card US Air Card with Barclay's getting another approved if not auto-approved. If you call the agent s/he will see you already have an open account and most likely deny you based on that fact. Having only spent a dollar on your existing card certainly doesn't help your case. If you do call, let us know how it went.

arrosen Jun 27, 2014 5:09 pm

Waived Annual Fee

Not sure if this was posted befire, but upon renewal, they waived my annual fee, and still gave me the 10,000 points and the companion certificates.

sechs Jun 27, 2014 6:23 pm

There's a separate thread for Barclays retention offers.

tomcanada22 Jun 28, 2014 11:36 pm

Originally Posted by isle-hawg (Post 23106909)
My recommendation, cut your losses and reapply after 30 days and hope to get auto-approved. From what I have read it is the only way to get a 2nd or 3rd open US Air Card.

I do not recall reading a single post by someone in your case having already an open card US Air Card with Barclay's getting another approved if not auto-approved. If you call the agent s/he will see you already have an open account and most likely deny you based on that fact. Having only spent a dollar on your existing card certainly doesn't help your case. If you do call, let us know how it went.

Also let's not forget the other wrinkle when applying for this card. Even if you don't have this card at all and Fico scores are excellent, you could still get turn down for not being a Preferred Member. So maybe a better chance of getting this card if you apply for the 40k but pay the 1st yr card fee.

nall Jul 2, 2014 8:17 pm

Side question, but how do I remove an old cancelled Barclays card from my online account?

savedbyhim01 Jul 3, 2014 2:58 am

Has anyone ever gotten 4 US Airways cards total? I am on my third and wondering about the chances of getting a fourth before US Air and AA merge and the card is obsolete.

mbjorklu Jul 3, 2014 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by savedbyhim01 (Post 23135609)
Has anyone ever gotten 4 US Airways cards total? I am on my third and wondering about the chances of getting a fourth before US Air and AA merge and the card is obsolete.

I'm currently on my fourth.

sdsearch Jul 3, 2014 1:24 pm

Every single offer linked in the Wiki of this thread has expired.

Only the AF-not-waived 40k ofer (which is in the separate 40k thread) still seems to exist.

MDtR-Chicago Jul 3, 2014 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch (Post 23138614)
Every single offer linked in the Wiki of this thread has expired.

Looks like our friends at Barclays did a major link cleanup recently.

There is now an offer for 40k + 10k on only the first anniversary. But please discuss that offer on the thread sdsearch referenced.

We'll leave this thread open only for questions from existing cardholders who previously applied for an offer with the perpetual annual mileage bonus.

isle-hawg Jul 3, 2014 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by nall (Post 23134439)
Side question, but how do I remove an old cancelled Barclays card from my online account?

I am not sure that you can. My experience is it falls off automatically ~6 months after the card is canx.

airb330 Jul 27, 2014 3:57 pm

I have the 35K initial offer, annual fee waived that I signed up for in February 2013. I received and paid the annual fee for this year (2014) in February and received the 10,000 bonus miles at that time as well. I'm pretty sure I signed up for the 10K every anniversary offer. It definitely was 35K miles and no annual fee for the first year and I did so around 2/10/13.

I now see the other 40K offer is specifically saying 10K miles one the first anniversary only.

Will we still receive the 10K every year? I don't have any proof in E-Mails or on my account that list the benefit. I thought barclaycardus.com under Year-round benefits:* used to show 10,000 on card member anniversary, but it doesn't say that anymore.

I guess we'll find out when everyone's fees are due next year?