Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wingo

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2016, 1:38 pm
Original Poster

Wingo

It seems that Copa have gone down the low cost route with P5 or Copa Colombia. And turned P5 into a LCC and rebranded the airline as Wingo. Mostly the same routes as P5. Some good prices on the BOG-HAV route.
Old Oct 22, 2016, 7:54 am

Programs: UA
https://www.flightglobal.com/news/ar...losses-430554/

That article mentions that wingo will take over either "all" or "most" of P5 routes. It seems that it will reconfigure all 4 of P5's 737s. But that seems to leave 11 E190s in P5s fleet.

That it flies out of the old Howard base in Panama could be a nice alternative for some.

I flew PTY-MDE last week on CM nee P5 on one of those 737-700s, and the flight attendant announced "thanks for flying AeroRepublica."
Old Oct 22, 2016, 12:15 pm

Programs: Avianca LifeMiles. Hilton (G), Meliá (G), Radisson (G). National Car (EE), Hertz (PC), Avis (PC)
The central american market is warming. We have VECA, Volaris, Air Panama, Air Costa Rica, and now Wingo as low cost carriers. Along with Avianca and Copa as legacy.
Old Oct 22, 2016, 8:54 pm

Programs: NZ*G ELT, VA-G
Was P5 ever part of Star Alliance?
Old Oct 29, 2016, 12:16 pm

Flying out of Howard is much better as I would not need to go across the city but I was surprised by this move.

I prefer Copa because I am not nickled and dimed and get acess to the Copa Club and upgrades when paying cash.

A shuttle between tocumen and Howard? It would be an expensive cab ride.
Old Jun 28, 2023, 10:46 am

Programs: UA MM/Gold; WN A-list; HH something depending; Marriott Gold
Wingo experience -- UIO-BOG?

Looking at a flight on Wingo because the alternative on Avianca is at 3am. I see pretty so-so reviews on other sites, does anyone have experience with them? I am a little concerned but the flight is the best option. Thanks.
Old Jun 28, 2023, 11:35 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Royal Ambassador , CM Presidential, Marriot Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Xiaotung
Was P5 ever part of Star Alliance?
Wingo is not part of Star Alliance, you dont get any Start Alliance benefits

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.